LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox

faeran

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just wanted to say your themes and ideas are absolutely amazing, and you have one feature that has really caught my eye and that is the logo load screen when you pick a console. Is there by chance any way I could take that feature and put it in to other themes? This is for personal use only and I wish that was a main feature of big box itself. Any advice or help would be greatly apreciated 

6 hours ago, RedHoodRobin64 said:

Hi, I just wanted to say your themes and ideas are absolutely amazing, and you have one feature that has really caught my eye and that is the logo load screen when you pick a console. Is there by chance any way I could take that feature and put it in to other themes? This is for personal use only and I wish that was a main feature of big box itself. Any advice or help would be greatly apreciated 

Thanks @RedHoodRobin64. Sure, go ahead.

It's a big complicated if you don't know XAML, as it's just elements with startup animation to them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope feeran can help, i am after creating some of th older computer based systems for my setup but im at  a loss with the xml files

i was trying zx spectrum but was unable to change the font (first job)

i was basing the layout on the gamecube layout so left hand side list, but with a zx spectrum type font maybe in red and around 30 pixels from the left

the background image would be based on the old style zx spectrum boxes.

any help much apreciated

**edit** maybe a c64 version based on clowns style box

zx spectrum.png

c644.png

Edited by billyc999

6 hours ago, billyc999 said:

Hope feeran can help, i am after creating some of th older computer based systems for my setup but im at  a loss with the xml files

i was trying zx spectrum but was unable to change the font (first job)

i was basing the layout on the gamecube layout so left hand side list, but with a zx spectrum type font maybe in red and around 30 pixels from the left

the background image would be based on the old style zx spectrum boxes.

any help much apreciated

**edit** maybe a c64 version based on clowns style box

zx spectrum.png

c644.png

These look really cool. If you want to send me the backgrounds, I can work with you to add them to the theme.

Probably best to do this within a PM.

Do you want them as psd files instead, then you can arrange the layouts a little better, these where just rough mock ups

another alternative c64 based on Lassiveran's reconstructed box, which i think looks alot more clean

amstrad cpc, weired one,couldnt find any standard box usually made by computer/console creator

c644.png

464.png

Edited by billyc999
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi! I recently downloaded this theme and I love it so much, but I was wondering if there is a way to use the clear game logos for the game select screens? I’d love to have the game logos instead of the games listed as text, I find games easier to find that way. Is there any way I can change this myself or is this a modification you have to make?

Thanks!!! :)

Edited by chiptuner

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi loving the work done so far  looking for how to add custom art for game platforms like bigfish popcap etc i have found and resized  a bigfish fanart banner but cant get nothing else to work after that i did read here about cloning a snes one or something?

thanks for all you do 

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Love the work you've done on this theme and am currently using it. I do however use BigBox for PC, Switch, and some other unsupported consoles in your theme. I love the work and have tried fooling around with the xaml files, but without any proper extensive tutorials I think it is way over my head. I am however proficient in photoshop/Illustrator. I did do a quick mock up of a PC example.

If Interested I would be willing to do some more mock ups or the artwork for the missing consoles. I am currently working on PC, Switch, Wonderswan, WonderSwan + Color, 3DO, MSX, and Neo Geo Pocket + Color.

Game_case_PC.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can name a few that are missing that some people can get started on if they have the time and skill these are what I have in my libary thus far

Arcade:

Atari Classics

Capcom Classics

Capcom Play System I, II, III

Cave

Data East Classics

Irem Classics

Konami Classics 

Midway Classics

Namco classics

Namco System 22

Nintendo Classics

Sega Classics 

Sega Model 2

Sega ST-V

SNK Classics

SNK Neo Geo MVS

Taito Classics 

Williams Classics

Computers:

Amstrad CPC

Commodore 64

Commodore Amiga 

MS-DOS

MSX

MSX2

Windows

NEC PC-9801

Consoles:

Fairchild Channel F

GCE Vectrex

Magnavox Odyssey

NEC PC-FX

NEC SuperGrafx

NEC TurboGrafx-CD

Super Famicom

Sega SG-1000

Handhelds

Bandai Wonderswan

Bandai Wonderswan Color

Nintendo Game & Watch

• 8 months later...

CoverBox has now been updated to version 4.0, and it's a big one.

• The theme has been completely ported to the COMMUNITY Theme Creator (a year in the making). This means you can now load up the Theme Creator files into the CTC and make any changes you would like.
  • 9 Brand New systems have been added (most are thanks to phelix01 for his initial designs). This brings the total number of supported systems to 46:
    • Microsoft Xbox
    • Nintendo Switch
    • SNK Neo Geo Pocket
    • SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
    • GCE Vectrex
    • 3DO Interactive Multiplayer
    • WonderSwan
    • WonderSwan Color
  • Revamped Platform Wheel 1
  • Brand New Text Filters View
  • Overhauled Text Games View (this is the fallback for when there's no platform specific view)

Images of the new platforms:

Spoiler

9.thumb.jpg.b5a0049f25d952476056ae09bdc5e033.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.6538dd12f86bf9fc857c608c9b269b9e.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.f827ab638f5ce5814e3af98cd2fb6fd7.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.97780952e9c5d2e5eb463556bf569413.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.639933a34e62751f3bd86aaf7342dee7.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.2edeb4cca0dea06b714b889499e747d3.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.22f757ba8c77d45371e4b93ef2fea120.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.2b1836cdccae0619c9389778a53ea479.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.83b9504d5076d20b9f09009052536046.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Unusual Gem 3

12 minutes ago, faeran said:

CoverBox has now been updated to version 4.0, and it's a big one.

• The theme has been completely ported to the COMMUNITY Theme Creator (a year in the making). This means you can now load up the Theme Creator files into the CTC and make any changes you would like.
  • 9 Brand New systems have been added (most are thanks to phelix01 for his initial designs). This brings the total number of supported systems to 46:
    • Microsoft Xbox
    • Nintendo Switch
    • SNK Neo Geo Pocket
    • SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
    • GCE Vectrex
    • 3DO Interactive Multiplayer
    • WonderSwan
    • WonderSwan Color
  • Revamped Platform Wheel 1
  • Brand New Text Filters View
  • Overhauled Text Games View (this is the fallback for when there's no platform specific view)

Images of the new platforms:

Hide contents

9.thumb.jpg.b5a0049f25d952476056ae09bdc5e033.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.6538dd12f86bf9fc857c608c9b269b9e.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.f827ab638f5ce5814e3af98cd2fb6fd7.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.97780952e9c5d2e5eb463556bf569413.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.639933a34e62751f3bd86aaf7342dee7.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.2edeb4cca0dea06b714b889499e747d3.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.22f757ba8c77d45371e4b93ef2fea120.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.2b1836cdccae0619c9389778a53ea479.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.83b9504d5076d20b9f09009052536046.jpg

I once told you my favourite theme was Neon Deluxe Arcade but I must confess this is my favourite theme ;) Thanks for all the work and creativity you've put into this man, it's amazing! 🤟

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I once told you my favourite theme was Neon Deluxe Arcade but I must confess this is my favourite theme ;) Thanks for all the work and creativity you've put into this man, it's amazing! 🤟

lol, Thanks man. This update was definitely a long time coming.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, squallsoft said:

i was thinking for playlists, or anything that doesnt have a custom theme, could we have an opening animation using whatever clear logo is present?

In the past I've played around with this, and found that if you choose a logo that will dynamically change, it takes a second or so to load onto the screen, which wouldn't really work when it needs to be the first thing to load. I haven't really looked into it for a while, but since the CTC files are out now, you could always play around with it and see if it does any better these days.

@faeran

I've created a couple of themes that fit in with this theme, for Commodore Amiga and Acorn Electron so far.

What's the best way to share them? Would you be interested in adding them if they meet your expectations? I did them for my own setup, but if they're of any use I'd be happy to share them. I just don't want to tread on any toes.

8 hours ago, Tomkun said:

@faeran

I've created a couple of themes that fit in with this theme, for Commodore Amiga and Acorn Electron so far.

What's the best way to share them? Would you be interested in adding them if they meet your expectations? I did them for my own setup, but if they're of any use I'd be happy to share them. I just don't want to tread on any toes.

Send me a PM with some screenshots and I'll take a look.