LaunchBox Community Forums

8.4-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

18 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

I had the same issue of @Retro808 a couple of times, the LaunchBox.next's window becomes unresponsive and when you try to click in something it passes through to whatever it's behind, be the desktop or another application. It's solved by minimizing and restoring the LaunchBox window. I didn't figured out as much as Retro about it. I'll try tomorrow when I'm home to see if I can replicate the issue with MAME.

I haven't been able to replicate this; let me know if you or anyone else has figured out a way to consistently replicate it.

17 hours ago, kmoney said:

@Jason CarrI did a little bit more testing and it appears that if you are in game platform and you are at the very top of the games list in that platform and you add a game manually, LB Next does indeed automatically scroll and highlight the game you just added. But if you are somewhere else in the games list such as in the middle for instance, LB Next does not automatically scroll up or down and hightlight the new game added as regular LaunchBox did.

Just fixed this for the next beta.

16 hours ago, MadK9 said:

I had a thought, i had not been using my triple screen setup for quite sometime, but i didn't play about much in Next until Beta 8, and as it happens i got hold of a triple tree for my monitors so went back to using triple screen and i transitioned over to x3 screens at the same time using LB Next. Maybe there could be a correlation there some where. When i get a chance tomorrow i will go down to two screens again and try that.

Beta10 still does the same with the images, this time i deleted an image i didn't want, and Next was set to show that image type, and once i hit ok nothing happened, i had to scroll the game off screen again.

I'll do some more testing with image updates, though I still haven't been able to replicate any of it, so I'm somewhat at a loss. The only thing I can think of currently is that maybe something is interfering with the deletions or changes and causing the process to error out. Can you check to see if the images are actually deleted when it occurs on a delete?

13 hours ago, TheMadMan007 said:

I've avoided using LB.Next until the weird different colored boxes around the games got removed.  Looks like that finally got resolved and also Controller support too. The one final thing that seems to be weird is that the box art images do not resize. When I move the slider down at the bottom, it just gives more spacing, it doesn't resize the image like original LB does. I'm running my PC on a projector and sitting at least 18 feet back on a 100" screen, my display scaling is 150%, I was thinking that might have been an issue, but it looks like that isn't the case. Does anyone else have this, is it a known issue? Am I just missing something? 

I also did try going into the settings and mess around with the spacing options, but that didn't seem to make a difference at all. 

Can you post a screenshot of this happening? The spacing should increase/decrease as you drag the slider, and then all the images should be refreshing once you release the slider. Is the refresh not happening?

Beta 11 is out now with the following:

• Game hover icons have now been implemented in LaunchBox.Next
  • Fixed LaunchBox.Next not scrolling properly to the new game when adding

This completes LaunchBox.Next, sans for the promised custom spacing options. Those are next. I'll be looking to resolve the outstanding issues we're discussing here as well before the next official release.

• Like 8

I am getting strange behavior in .Next when I change platforms via clicking in the left side of the .Next window. When .Next brings in the images for the currently set view it will often not draw anything for certain graphics. I must hit F5 to force a refresh before everything is drawn (sometimes it takes two or three refreshes). I am waiting on the cache bar at the top to finish its operations before doing anything. I just updated to Beta 11 and nothing has changed. I also just shutdown all LaunchBox apps, cleared the .Next cache folder, then started .Next again. I continue to see the same behavior. Is any of this normal and expected behavior? The regular LaunchBox doesn't seem to have any issue in regards to this.

@Jason Carr Does not appear my issue (which also @Suhrvivor reported) is related to video driver. Updated both pc's prior to updating LB beta and this issue still showed with Mame. New beta same issue though I know you did not specifically update anything related since you cannot replicate. So far it appears to only occur with Mame since I can change the video options. LB OG and BigBox have no issues.

Will test with some of the other emulators that have video option changes to see if I can replicate with another emulator. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dan said:

Where, GreenGriffon? I don't see it.

Options > Keyboard Mappings> Then set a key for "View Images".

When you highlight a game and hit that key the images show up full screen.

Full screen videos are left to the theme and the view option in the theme.

17 hours ago, dragon57 said:

I am getting strange behavior in .Next when I change platforms via clicking in the left side of the .Next window. When .Next brings in the images for the currently set view it will often not draw anything for certain graphics. I must hit F5 to force a refresh before everything is drawn (sometimes it takes two or three refreshes). I am waiting on the cache bar at the top to finish its operations before doing anything. I just updated to Beta 11 and nothing has changed. I also just shutdown all LaunchBox apps, cleared the .Next cache folder, then started .Next again. I continue to see the same behavior. Is any of this normal and expected behavior? The regular LaunchBox doesn't seem to have any issue in regards to this.

No, none of that is normal or expected. It seems that rare machines are having occasional video/rendering issues with the app, but I have yet to be able to replicate anything. It's not going to be a fun problem to solve, but it's on my plate. In the mean time, try updating video drivers and make sure you have all the latest Windows updates.

1 hour ago, Noppadet said:

I was screwing around configuring Dolphin when this happened. I'm using the latest beta.

launchbox-malware-false-positive.png

Just another crappy, over-zealous anti-virus program crying wolf, unfortunately. I go to great lengths to make sure that official releases don't trigger false alarms, but I can't do that for every beta release.

Follow up to my image issue. 

I think i might have finally nailed it. And i think it was more my issue than an LB issue

I tried with the 2 monitors still had the same issue, So i went the route of a complete rebuild of my LB.

I just moved my image folders to the new install, and then started to add the roms/systems back in by adding them rather than just using the Data folders.

All seems fine, the only thing i have still yet to do is add my Playlists back to LB< but i will remake rather than use the ones i did awhile ago, so they are fresh.

I've not had much chance to really test everything, but so far so good, and seems to be working fine, and also i've not encountered the unresponsiveness issue with a complete redo.

In short, seems to be fixed, maybe i had a damaged file or a folder conflict, or a faulty playlist (i did have a lot 60 or so). So i will keep plugging away, and i will report back if it happens again.

With these settings in OG LB:

image.thumb.png.c2b1b33e726b97814ae042385f747db2.pngI get this (which is what I want):

image.thumb.png.c63d13798cbec3742ed37020ceceeb8b.pngWith the same settings in Next:

image.thumb.png.c954e5a41c66540dcc2da3d999cda614.pngI get this:

image.thumb.png.6ea362724efcd66b44af8faf55a76ab9.pngI just want the same look that I can currently get in OG LB - nice big boxes, 4 across, with almost no spacing on the sides, top, and bottom. Even if I set all of the spacing to 0 in Next's settings, there are still huge vertical and horizontal gaps between them (it looks basically identical to the above).

7 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

With these settings in OG LB:

image.thumb.png.c2b1b33e726b97814ae042385f747db2.pngI get this (which is what I want):

image.thumb.png.c63d13798cbec3742ed37020ceceeb8b.pngWith the same settings in Next:

image.thumb.png.c954e5a41c66540dcc2da3d999cda614.pngI get this:

image.thumb.png.6ea362724efcd66b44af8faf55a76ab9.pngI just want the same look that I can currently get in OG LB - nice big boxes, 4 across, with almost no spacing on the sides, top, and bottom. Even if I set all of the spacing to 0 in Next's settings, there are still huge vertical and horizontal gaps between them (it looks basically identical to the above).

image.thumb.png.f875881cf47db7c4f2ab2ded814cbcb0.pngimage.thumb.png.5c95d26fad4d3c83e3d4215333466cd1.pngimage.thumb.png.f5a6762bde0a9c0fb2a3db2571c48cae.pngIt's probably the Align Text Vertically option that is causing the issue for you.

32 minutes ago, MadK9 said:

Follow up to my image issue. 

I think i might have finally nailed it. And i think it was more my issue than an LB issue

I tried with the 2 monitors still had the same issue, So i went the route of a complete rebuild of my LB.

I just moved my image folders to the new install, and then started to add the roms/systems back in by adding them rather than just using the Data folders.

All seems fine, the only thing i have still yet to do is add my Playlists back to LB< but i will remake rather than use the ones i did awhile ago, so they are fresh.

I've not had much chance to really test everything, but so far so good, and seems to be working fine, and also i've not encountered the unresponsiveness issue with a complete redo.

In short, seems to be fixed, maybe i had a damaged file or a folder conflict, or a faulty playlist (i did have a lot 60 or so). So i will keep plugging away, and i will report back if it happens again.

Good to hear that it's resolved. I wonder if maybe it was related to the playlists. What happens if you move your playlists over from the old install to the new one? It's also possible that it was caused by a corrupt media item, but in that case it's still something I need to fix. If you have any way to further pinpoint the problem, I would really appreciate it. :)