LaunchBox Community Forums

8.4-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

2 hours ago, dragon57 said:

@Jason Carr, I have made sure my graphic drivers and patches are up to date. This is on a Win 7 machine w/Nvidia card. I have even tried some back-rev graphic drivers to see if it makes a difference, but it does not.

Alright, I'll do some more testing on Windows 7 to see if there's any chance I can replicate.

• Thanks 1

As you are done adding new features to next now and its in a very usable state, can you change it so that when you update from within .Next it restarts back into next rather than the OG Launchbox as it currently does? Thanks Jason .next is a much nicer looking program. :) 

13 hours ago, faydesmee said:

Whenever I start LB some errors appear

Cef can only be initialized once. Use Cef.IsInitialized to guard against this exception.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.4-beta-12
Type:    System.Exception
Site:    Boolean Initialize(CefSharp.CefSettings, Boolean, CefSharp.IBrowserProcessHandler)
Source:  CefSharp.Core

at CefSharp.Cef.Initialize(CefSettings cefSettings, Boolean performDependencyCheck, IBrowserProcessHandler browserProcessHandler)
   at ()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Program.InitializeChromeIfNeeded()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.WelcomeForm..ctor(DataManager manager, Int32 parentWidth, Int32 parentHeight, Int32 parentTop, Int32 parentLeft)
   at (MainForm , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.MainForm.MainForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

Recent Log:

12:13:08 AM Exception

Thanks; this has been fixed for the next beta.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

As you are done adding new features to next now and its in a very usable state, can you change it so that when you update from within .Next it restarts back into next rather than the OG Launchbox as it currently does? Thanks Jason .next is a much nicer looking program. :) 

Since we're so close to getting rid of OG LaunchBox, I think I'm gonna just leave it the same and once OG LaunchBox is replaced then we'll be good to go (as opposed to having to switch it and then switch it back). I'm tempted to do something to push users on the upcoming official release to use Next instead of OG though. Not sure what we'll do, but I'm thinking about it.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

I think I'm gonna just leave it the same and once OG LaunchBox is replaced then we'll be good to go (as opposed to having to switch it and then switch it back).

Yep that is a fair point.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'm tempted to do something to push users on the upcoming official release to use Next instead of OG though. Not sure what we'll do, but I'm thinking about it.

Yeah i think that is a good idea, get people into it on at least one occasion before they are suddenly forced to use it outright.

• Like 1

Beta 13 is out now guys with lots of fixes to the custom spacing options for LaunchBox.Next, which should make things more straightforward and obvious, as well as look a bit cleaner. Because of the changes, your LaunchBox.Next custom spacing options will be reset when upgrading to this beta.

@Zombeaver Boxes should be centered vertically now when "Align Text Vertically" is enabled, and it should no longer mess up the spacing if you don't have any text visible.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Since we're so close to getting rid of OG LaunchBox, I think I'm gonna just leave it the same and once OG LaunchBox is replaced then we'll be good to go (as opposed to having to switch it and then switch it back). I'm tempted to do something to push users on the upcoming official release to use Next instead of OG though. Not sure what we'll do, but I'm thinking about it.

You could remove the LB.Next exe, and leave only the regular LB that launches Next, so Next is always launched by default. You can then have the option to switch back to OG from Next. This way all the users will be "forced" to see Next on startup every time.
I am pretty sure a lot of users that do not frequent the forums very much are not even aware of Next, and have never pressed the Next button. You might see increased forum activity with non-regular users asking about the interface, but that is a good thing before every migration.

• Like 3

Good re. the spacing being implemented. I would suggest however that having settings for vertical and horizontal "spacing" as well as "padding" is somewhat confusing. It is not clear on what the difference is, and on adjusting them it remained unclear. I wonder if a single setting would be easier to use?

Also, I think that being able to set box size (and ideally spacing) settings per platform would be really helpful.

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Good re. the spacing being implemented. I would suggest however that having settings for vertical and horizontal "spacing" as well as "padding" is somewhat confusing. It is not clear on what the difference is, and on adjusting them it remained unclear. I wonder if a single setting would be easier to use?

Also, I think that being able to set box size (and ideally spacing) settings per platform would be really helpful.

Spacing adjusts the vertical and horizontal space between two objects (the space between the box border of two games that the image and text actually lies within) so they do not touch each other. 

Padding adjusts the vertical and horizontal spacing inside that box between the boxes edge and the contents inside it. So the image and text inside does not touch the edge of the box.

• Like 2

OK, this is a weird one I almost didn't catch. It appears the 'All' platform category does not save the Image Group selection. When I click on 'All', it uses the Image Group from the previous Platform.

I hope I am explaining this well enough. This is in .Next, btw.

I still get this bug where my mouse pointer gets pushed to the right sometimes when a controller is plugged in with latest beta ; plus, if I try to launch a Dreamcast rom (Reicast OIT core with Retroarch), Retroarch does not launch.

10 minutes ago, Tromzy said:

I still get this bug where my mouse pointer gets pushed to the right sometimes when a controller is plugged in with latest beta

This is your analog stick on the controller not being centered.

11 minutes ago, Tromzy said:

if I try to launch a Dreamcast rom (Reicast OIT core with Retroarch), Retroarch does not launch.

Works perfectly fine for me. Check your settings in LB, make sure your associated platform is correct and you have the proper core selected.

Double check your Associated Platforms window of your Retroarch emulator, I just checked mine and the Sega Dreamcast platform was missing though I am not sure if it was there or not. I have been messing around with a fresh and clean install so it is quite possible I didn't have it setup to use RA.

It could be a bug though that removed the Sega Dreamcast Associated Platform for Retroarch, it would be strange if it was but I have seen weirder.