LaunchBox Community Forums

VPX Collection

Haggie55

Hey All

I thought I’d make my VPX collection available – hopefully someone with a similar set-up to myself will find it useful (no PinCab, but a monitor that rotates to portrait)

The collection only contains solid state machines - no electro-mechanical pins

I used a snap of the pin as the box front – all of the snaps were taken on a 2560 x 1440 monitor, and I tried to capture each pin when it had all of its lights on during its attract mode

Where available each pin has its instruction card in pdf format and its flyers

I scoured the net for the best photos I could find of each pins side art, playfield & backglass

Here are the settings I use in VPX for these pins:

8.thumb.PNG.813bda98b6892c77503c3267a6f17f5b.PNGHere are the pins (the instruction cards are in the pins folders): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p435GtVGcR72jYnJitpmskOUW3OseOqK/view?usp=sharing

Nvrams: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IUpa4q4dWCIxT6btTNZ9nKB1Rv5qlijI/view?usp=sharing

Here is the LaunchBox Images folder with the box fronts, flyers & photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11_e-XTJ9MHxi_LupsQmw7d8Ow0pFVpgS?usp=sharing

XML:

Pinball.xml

If you’ve yet to try VPX + VPinMAMEall-in-one installer (& table releases) here: https://www.vpforums.org/

More table releases here: https://vpinball.com/

This is how it looks in LaunchBox:

1.thumb.PNG.754521ece8a9d5c57cda48dc9b392be0.PNGSome box fronts and the instruction cards:

3.thumb.PNG.c320cd42d2adaca78b4abc5af099301e.PNG2.thumb.PNG.cb364b625f1982d87af99319c15d887f.PNG4.thumb.PNG.9a81d92c8daea891eb28898678da3ca8.PNG

A set of photos:

5.thumb.PNG.83eedebdc8d039fc4e0fab7c7249ac60.PNG6.thumb.PNG.45b0f461d61536977e55c39a9c2dce24.PNG7.thumb.PNG.5d9bf29a1d8452798e38437f0ce58f2d.PNGHope someone finds this useful ?

Edited by Haggie55
removed image
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 7

As much as I enjoy Visual Pinball and like to see people playing it, the roms are IP and, while easily obtainable at other sites, this site is hardcore about sharing links to anything like that.  I would recommend just going to vpinball.com, which is a great site where you can get all this stuff.

*edit*  Not to mention, the people that made these table recreations actively post there and you can thank them for the tables, get technical help, and even get involved in designing table recreations if that's something you might get into.

Edited by Drybonz
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, BigSpider said:

Very good, I had no time to download the tables, but whenever I can appreciate new work with your due thanks!

Friend, one thing I noticed was the lack of the roms folder, if you have it available I would be very grateful!

Thanks!

He did not post a roms folder because we do not allow posting of roms or linking to rom sites on the forum. 

21 hours ago, ItchyRobot said:

Can you show some pictures of this setup. I was hoping to rig up something similar with my 32" monitor but can not find anything that I like.

It's just a 27" monitor (2560 x 1440) that can rotate to portrait and I run the pins in fullscreen mode

1022107363_TalesOfTheArabianNights-01.thumb.PNG.7bac9e75dd17107838b81808855ab187.PNG

7 hours ago, Haggie55 said:

It's just a 27" monitor (2560 x 1440) that can rotate to portrait and I run the pins in fullscreen mode

I was asking more in line of what mount are you using? Or how are you able to flip and rotate the monitor. I have been looking at prefab mount arms, but none of them look like what I want.... too long or bulky. I may have to rig up my own mount

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, bietekwiet said:

What's the point of having this without the folder with all the rom files?

It is pretty much useless without it.

Because supplying the actual tables is illegal, they are copyrighted just like any other rom file, and therefore are NOT allowed to be shared on these forums.

16 minutes ago, bietekwiet said:

It is pretty much useless without it.

Ever heard of google? Im sure you can find what you want pretty easily there.

• 5 months later...

When you have a table up, try holding Alt and then press Tab (still holding Alt) and Tab until you get to the DMD then let go of alt.  Assuming the DMD is there now (on top of the table) click the table once.  Exit (Esc) the table then restart it.  That's a problem I've seen in the past where the DMD [window] is there, just not on top.  Usually when it's a newly downloaded table. Bringing it to the top, setting focus back to the table then exiting/restarting seems to fix it.  (It remembers where it's supposed to be.)

If it's not there at all, then it's something wonky in the setup.  Either in the tables script, or in VPinMAME settings.  Though, for the most part, you shouldn't ever have to mess with these.  For VPinMAME, when you load the table, press F1 and see what you have checked for the DMD.  If you an external DMD, more power to ya. :) Otherwise make sure it's not checked and the one above it is (don't remember what it says).

6 hours ago, donarumo said:

I might be missing something but I tested a couple of tables and they don't show the DMD.  AC DC Premium for instance.  It may be something in my Visual Pinball setup.  The Table plays fine but no DMD?

I missed it on the first read but this is for a slightly different setup than an asymmetrical view with the DMD on the left/right.  It is for a top down view & usually the DMD is on a different monitor.

I found a fix.  Thank you for the assistance.  Yeah, I've played with second monitor backglass before but currently running this on a single monitor.

On the AC/DC table anyway, I set the DMD F1 settings to external DMD.  I then edited the ini file so stayontop is true..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1