LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

I can correctly see the image of the game and all associated details. However, about three seconds after getting to one of these game screens, the game image scrolls to the left off the screen, and I am left with an empty space. How can I keep the game image in place (the middle image in the attached screenshot)?

BigBox Image_Delete.jpg

hi guys.

i've had this theme running for a while now and its my favourite. i recently upgraded my monitor and pc to a samsung odyssey g9 which is ultra wide and im resetting up my bigbox.

is it possible to change the UI (potentially add an overlay either side of the 16:9 part) to hide the videos that shift as you hover over each platform/game?

See attached screenshot for a better idea of what im trying to explain XD

bigbox-screen.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, joe7987 said:

I can correctly see the image of the game and all associated details. However, about three seconds after getting to one of these game screens, the game image scrolls to the left off the screen, and I am left with an empty space. How can I keep the game image in place (the middle image in the attached screenshot)?

BigBox Image_Delete.jpg

You have customized the theme, right?
Normally it's the Boxart in the center, which fades out after a while. The video or gameplay is on the right in the background.

Which version are you using? The old one (mine) or the new beta (by Faeran) ?

On 3/20/2022 at 12:00 AM, Markhughes88 said:

hi guys.

i've had this theme running for a while now and its my favourite. i recently upgraded my monitor and pc to a samsung odyssey g9 which is ultra wide and im resetting up my bigbox.

is it possible to change the UI (potentially add an overlay either side of the 16:9 part) to hide the videos that shift as you hover over each platform/game?

See attached screenshot for a better idea of what im trying to explain XD

bigbox-screen.jpg

The easiest way, in your case, would be to simply delete the two images, no?
The PNG frame + the GIF arrows.

On 3/20/2022 at 6:52 AM, NaugrimOhtar said:

I also have this same issue.

I’d like to try the Beta as well but it seems to only be available in light right now (not dark)

The last beta, with dark version, will be release soon. BIG THX to @faeran !!!

5 hours ago, viking said:

You have customized the theme, right?
Normally it's the Boxart in the center, which fades out after a while. The video or gameplay is on the right in the background.

Which version are you using? The old one (mine) or the new beta (by Faeran) ?

The easiest way, in your case, would be to simply delete the two images, no?
The PNG frame + the GIF arrows.

The last beta, with dark version, will be release soon. BIG THX to @faeran !!!

thanks for the reply. though this doesnt work. i can remove the border, but removing the vertical arrows throws an error as the theme is looking for them and cant find them.

however even if that worked it doesnt really solve the issue completey. because the background for the full screen is black, but the center 16:9 section is the dark grey associated with the theme, it still looks off. is there a way to add elements that sit infront of the theme either side that i can colour to be the same colour as the bg. that will cause the platform/game videos to scroll behind them. i can see the themes use .xaml files for most of it. but im not sure which files to look for to apply the appropriate elements. are they all individual? or is there a master file that i can apply it to that will work on all views?

i can see that the views use a grid. and i can see there is an overlay section at the end of the platformwheel views. im trying to add something in there that does what i mentioned above, but my knowledge of xaml is extremely limited and im struggling to work out what it needs to include. simply adding to the grid appears to limit anything i do within the grid, despite a negative margin (which would work in html/css) so im at a bit of a loss with it as it stands 😅

i guess another solution, and possibly the simplest (though not most elegant) would be to colour the background of the entire window/document the same as the theme background. 

Edited by Markhughes88
other possible solution

exemple on PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml  , but on my old version. Not the Faeran new one !

line 33 - change to this :
<Setter Property="Background" Value="#313536" />     <!-- for grey background -->

line 543 - deleate all this
	<!-- ================================================================= -->
	<!-- GENERAL DARK BORDER ============================================= -->
	<Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Colorful - Dark/Colorful_img/Colorful_Type2_Border.png" 
           Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="12" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="11" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="LowQuality" />

line 753 - deleate all this  
	<!-- BOTTOM RIGHT ARROWS ============================================= -->
	<Image gif:ImageBehavior.AnimatedSource="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Colorful - Dark/Colorful_img/Colorful_PlatformWheel_Arrows_Vertical_Dark.gif" 
	       Grid.Column="11" Grid.Row="11" 
	       Stretch="UniformToFill" />

Another solution for image, replace the called images with "empty" images. I put them in this archive no border img set.zip

Extract and overwrite these images in:     LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Dark\Colorful_img

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viking said:

exemple on PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml  , but on my old version. Not the Faeran new one !

line 33 - change to this :
<Setter Property="Background" Value="#313536" />     <!-- for grey background -->

line 543 - deleate all this
	<!-- GENERAL DARK BORDER ============================================= -->
	<Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Colorful - Dark/Colorful_img/Colorful_Type2_Border.png" 
           Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="12" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="11" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="LowQuality" />

line 753 - deleate all this  
	<!-- BOTTOM RIGHT ARROWS ============================================= -->
	<Image gif:ImageBehavior.AnimatedSource="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Colorful - Dark/Colorful_img/Colorful_PlatformWheel_Arrows_Vertical_Dark.gif" 
	       Grid.Column="11" Grid.Row="11" 
	       Stretch="UniformToFill" />

Another solution for image, replace the called images with "empty" images. I put them in this archive no border img set.zip

Extract and overwrite these images in:     LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Dark\Colorful_img

awesome thanks. ill give that a try :)

Been playing with bigbox all week and this theme is amazing, Thank you for all the hard work you have put into this.

One question I have is I have created some playlists for 2 and 4 player games do you have some logos for these so they aren't just blank on my scroll wheel? or is that a WIP thing

10 hours ago, epicwin said:

Been playing with bigbox all week and this theme is amazing, Thank you for all the hard work you have put into this.

One question I have is I have created some playlists for 2 and 4 player games do you have some logos for these so they aren't just blank on my scroll wheel? or is that a WIP thing

They aren't blank, but are white text you just can't see against the white background. There are quite a few logos that you can download for your playlists in our download section. Pretty positive we have ones for both 2 and 4 player titles

Apparently my videos are having some sort of color issue where, SCUMM, Atomiswave, and Sega genesis are all appearing slightly different than they should. I'm using VLC. I tried window media player but the colors were even worse. When I watch the videos outside of BigBox they look fine. It's very strange. Not sure if there's something I need to change in the xaml or something.

Genesis - Copy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all !
With delay, here is the official theme v2 presentation!
Again, HUGE THX to @faeran For his incredible work on this theme :x

So, COLORFUL v2 is here !

# PlatformWheel1FiltersView

v2_PlatformWheel1FiltersView.thumb.gif.5254cae10974bdc0655c03150c0d07a8.gif

• New wheel with hardware image.
  • General update of fonts and details polish.
  • 100% new code from scratch.

# PlatformWheel2FiltersView

v2_PlatformWheel2FiltersView.thumb.gif.e71b89aecba0b5ec0ab6732bb7604fc5.gif

• New button design.

# WheelGamesView

370124786_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-WheelGamesView-2022-04-0713_15_51.thumb.jpg.581032cbd917b31a8194101a655ded9a.jpg

# Wheel2GamesView

1105927845_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-Wheel2GamesView-2022-04-0713_16_13.thumb.jpg.c97549d979e5822c9cbced005fff82df.jpg

# TextGamesView

234366146_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-TextGamesView-2022-04-0713_17_17.thumb.jpg.6c0960900de3a5cd3370b08e8826242e.jpg

• Complete new design.

The big new feature of this v2 is mainly the all new foundations.
The idea is to have a solid base to develop new views later.
In this regard, I had the opportunity to test this theme with my family recently. And neither my wife nor my children had the patience to wait for the long animation of PlatformView. My conclusion is that my design is too flashy and not functional enough. So I'm going back to working on my designs for Faeran, with more functional, with less animation ones.

Hope you like ! 

• Like 6
  • Unusual Gem 1

1 hour ago, viking said:

Yes, you're right. I hadn't noticed the problem because I use a video for all my games.

@faeran There is a problem in gamesView. If there is no gameplay video, the screenshot is not displayed. Only a black screen.
Sorry for not having seen it sooner!  =/

Screenshots should now make an appearance in version 2.01, out now on the forums.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, viking said:

Hi all !
With delay, here is the official theme v2 presentation!
Again, HUGE THX to @faeran For his incredible work on this theme :x

So, COLORFUL v2 is here !

# PlatformWheel1FiltersView

v2_PlatformWheel1FiltersView.thumb.gif.5254cae10974bdc0655c03150c0d07a8.gif

# PlatformWheel2FiltersView

v2_PlatformWheel2FiltersView.thumb.gif.e71b89aecba0b5ec0ab6732bb7604fc5.gif

• New button design.

# WheelGamesView

370124786_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-WheelGamesView-2022-04-0713_15_51.thumb.jpg.581032cbd917b31a8194101a655ded9a.jpg

# Wheel2GamesView

1105927845_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-Wheel2GamesView-2022-04-0713_16_13.thumb.jpg.c97549d979e5822c9cbced005fff82df.jpg

# TextGamesView

234366146_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-TextGamesView-2022-04-0713_17_17.thumb.jpg.6c0960900de3a5cd3370b08e8826242e.jpg

• Complete new design.

The big new feature of this v2 is mainly the all new foundations.
The idea is to have a solid base to develop new views later.
In this regard, I had the opportunity to test this theme with my family recently. And neither my wife nor my children had the patience to wait for the long animation of PlatformView. My conclusion is that my design is too flashy and not functional enough. So I'm going back to working on my designs for Faeran, with more functional, with less animation ones.

Hope you like ! 

@faeran @viking Thank you both for all of your work. This is still the best theme for Bigbox, and I'm looking forward to all of the tweaks you make from here forward. 

On the transition timing that your family was too impatient for: How about halving the transition time? I personally think you're spot-on with the design, and even most of the transition details, but you could certainly add speed. 

Thanks for the screenshot fix!

19 minutes ago, clockw3rk said:

@faeran @viking Thank you both for all of your work. This is still the best theme for Bigbox, and I'm looking forward to all of the tweaks you make from here forward. 

On the transition timing that your family was too impatient for: How about halving the transition time? I personally think you're spot-on with the design, and even most of the transition details, but you could certainly add speed. 

Same! I'd be curious about halftime transition. I really like new transition animation!

Also, I noticed the highlighted search letter is slightly missaligned with an oversaturated green (see attached)

Another quick suggestion, is it possible to add plateform name in WheelGamesViews? (somewhere around title name maybe?) It would be usefull when navigating in a playlist with titles plauylist from several plateforms.

Thank you so much for this amazing theme!

sorting.png

platform.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kobaturtle said:

Another quick suggestion, is it possible to add plateform name in WheelGamesViews? (somewhere around title name maybe?) It would be usefull when navigating in a playlist with titles plauylist from several plateforms.

I agree . @kobaturtle!
There are different versions of the same game on different platforms.
We need to know exactly which version we want to play.

I'm going to test the Theme now and, if there is any point of improvement, I'll come back to let you know on the forum:

@faeran and @viking , thank you and all team involved in this great update!

Thank you for gifting us with the hardware set images. I'm sure many will ask to use the images in other themes, because they are very beautiful.
For Now, I missed some platforms, like the Sharp X68000 and american Super Nintendo. Please, can you make them for us ?

Apparently, we still have the old color problem:

image.thumb.png.9a03034480ea3f577c4bc3e08dd0fdc6.png

image.thumb.png.3235cba5ac608943dba804ec04e488cf.png

Here a problem with long names:

image.thumb.png.f0e7fd00196c226f1899f28961d8da4c.png

Edited by soqueroeu
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, crusadeRGP said:

Having issue with exiting game details page when using vertical wheel 2.  Screen will be blank and only show once you navigate up or down to select another game.

The same here. It seems that it's more common happens after a while of video running.

@faeran Handheld platform category is missing from PlatformWheel views.

Can be fixed adding this in .xml plateform views until next release:

<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedPlatform.Name, Converter={StaticResource Contains}, ConverterParameter='Handhelds'}" Value="True">
                                                    <Setter Property="Fill" Value="#82cdea"/>
                                                </DataTrigger>