LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

Congratulations to the author of this theme! It's absolutely the best available on BigBox. IMO It's so beautiful that it should be made the default theme! :D

Also, I can't wait to see the startup and pause screen themes, 'cause the ones currently available are just not so good.
Finally, any plans on adding the Sammy Atomiswave arcade video? :)

Edited by DeusX81
  • Game On 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble correcting the colors on the slides. The theme randomly stops showing the correct colors. Some of my platforms do not follow default Launchbox names.
As images below, in the Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll.config file, I added the name of some platforms to the end of line. It worked for NES, for example, but not for CPS 1, 2 and 3. 

After a while it stopped showing colors again for NES. ?
ness.thumb.png.7dea6d811b94d71403763c4cce37b511.pngScreenshot_4.thumb.png.7908ed9264941f295e74d7fc2fe7f454.png
I checked the Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config file and CPS platforms had no color code. I added a code for them. It still didn't work.
Could you explain the rule followed by the theme in these configuration files?

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.79e3277d74a00a2ec1032531786f873d.png
Another important point would be to add a text wrap alignment or a side scroll loop for very large names.

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.58a14a21fcbda9044a6e365882db223f.png

Edited by soqueroeu

First of all, sorry for my inactivity at the moment. Lots of work and sick children.
So :

On 11/25/2020 at 11:05 PM, Tromzy said:

Also I can't wait for your Colourful Pause and Startup themes !

Me too! I must find a good idea =)

On 11/26/2020 at 5:55 PM, DeusX81 said:

Congratulations to the author of this theme! It's absolutely the best available on BigBox. IMO It's so beautiful that it should be made the default theme! :D

Also, I can't wait to see the startup and pause screen themes, 'cause the ones currently available are just not so good.
Finally, any plans on adding the Sammy Atomiswave arcade video? :)

Thx a lot :x
Yes, the "Sammy" platform will be made, but not right now. I've already spent a lot of time on the 1st arcade video part. I would like to redo a series of classic platforms in the meantime, so that everyone is happy.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:52 PM, Wulfgar said:

Hi just wondering maybe you could make a "all games" playlist video? Kinda like how you have a favorites video setup but a little different. I think you have amazing talent. Thank you very much.

Nice idea! Add to my ToDo =)

10 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

I'm having trouble correcting the colors on the slides. The theme randomly stops showing the correct colors. Some of my platforms do not follow default Launchbox names.
As images below, in the Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll.config file, I added the name of some platforms to the end of line. It worked for NES, for example, but not for CPS 1, 2 and 3. 

After a while it stopped showing colors again for NES. ?
ness.thumb.png.7dea6d811b94d71403763c4cce37b511.pngScreenshot_4.thumb.png.7908ed9264941f295e74d7fc2fe7f454.png
I checked the Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config file and CPS platforms had no color code. I added a code for them. It still didn't work.
Could you explain the rule followed by the theme in these configuration files?

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.79e3277d74a00a2ec1032531786f873d.png
Another important point would be to add a text wrap alignment or a side scroll loop for very large names.

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.58a14a21fcbda9044a6e365882db223f.png

OK, Thank you for your well documented question!

The "key =" must be identical between the 2 files.
There should be NO spaces.

About Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll.config :
This is where you add your platform name. I tried to put the most common, but I can't guess what each user will name their platform.
In your case, try this : 

<add key="Platform.NINTENDO_NES" value="Nintendo_NES|Nintendo_Entertainment_System|NES|Nintendo_-_NES" />

<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_I" value="Capcom_Play_System_I|CPS1|Capcom_-_CPS1" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_II" value="Capcom_Play_System_II|CPS2|Capcom_-_CPS2" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_III" value="Capcom_Play_System_III|CPS3|Capcom_-_CPS3" />

You must replace each "space" by "_"    (without quot)
You must separate each platform name with a "|"

About Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config

The Capcom CPS color are in PLAYLIST section. Further down the page.
Try with the correction of the other file. If that doesn't work, try adding this:

<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM" value="#edcf4d" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_I" value="#edcf4d" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_II" value="#edcf4d" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_III" value="#edcf4d" />

Finally, about the Text Wrap, you're right. Here is the GENRE of the games. Strange that this one is so long!

When downloading your playlist video N64 4k in Launchbox a different theme style video downloads. I was able to get the correct one from your theme files here on the forums. Maybe it was just a random wire crossed Just figured Id let ya know.

Nevermind i figured out what happened

i have my build set up with only playlists visable. so nes platform has usa and japan roms. I made a nes playlist with the usa and famicon with the japan. So for other systems like n64 i have a platform  when i imported the roms and a n64 playlist for Bigbox. correct themes did download to platform folders. My playlist video folders got a different video. I got it sorted out.

Edited by Wulfgar
correction to my post

yeah its my fault i have two n64's a platform and a playlist so when i go to download the theme video i saw the one n64 box checked (platform)and thought LB downloaded the video to the platform and playlist off the one box since the playlist was equal to n64 in auto populate. But I scrolled down and saw theres a second box(playlist) which was auto checked but a different vid was selected. I didnt realize LB had a box for both cause i didnt scroll down lol. Sorry i had a moment there.

18 hours ago, viking said:

First of all, sorry for my inactivity at the moment. Lots of work and sick children.
So :

Me too! I must find a good idea ?

Thx a lot :x
Yes, the "Sammy" platform will be made, but not right now. I've already spent a lot of time on the 1st arcade video part. I would like to redo a series of classic platforms in the meantime, so that everyone is happy.

Nice idea! Add to my ToDo ?

OK, Thank you for your well documented question!

The "key =" must be identical between the 2 files.
There should be NO spaces.

About Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll.config :
This is where you add your platform name. I tried to put the most common, but I can't guess what each user will name their platform.
In your case, try this : 

<add key="Platform.NINTENDO_NES" value="Nintendo_NES|Nintendo_Entertainment_System|NES|Nintendo_-_NES" />

<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_I" value="Capcom_Play_System_I|CPS1|Capcom_-_CPS1" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_II" value="Capcom_Play_System_II|CPS2|Capcom_-_CPS2" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_III" value="Capcom_Play_System_III|CPS3|Capcom_-_CPS3" />

You must replace each "space" by "_"    (without quot)
You must separate each platform name with a "|"

About Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config

The Capcom CPS color are in PLAYLIST section. Further down the page.
Try with the correction of the other file. If that doesn't work, try adding this:

<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM" value="#edcf4d" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_I" value="#edcf4d" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_II" value="#edcf4d" />
<add key="Platform.CAPCOM_PLAY_SYSTEM_III" value="#edcf4d" />

Finally, about the Text Wrap, you're right. Here is the GENRE of the games. Strange that this one is so long!

Thank you very much for the guidance @viking Everything is working correctly in color.

I just need help to have 1080P videos correctly aligned. These are videos from Nostalgia theme that I use until we have the new ones in place.
They are hiding to the right of the screen. Do you have any help for that?

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.755021f72e171a252ffcb92300610e60.png

Thank you very much in advance!

Edited by soqueroeu

4 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

I just need help to have 1080P videos correctly aligned. These are videos from Nostalgia theme that I use until we have the new ones in place.
They are hiding to the right of the screen. Do you have any help for that?

No, I can't. The video animation setup makes a "block" move. He can't understand the difference between this video set or another.
If you want to use Nostalgia here, I must you to use 4:3 version. The effect will be less bad!

Basically, I decentered the Nostalgia set because I didn't know how to do it in code. Yes, I was stupid!  =)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, viking said:

No, I can't. The video animation setup makes a "block" move. He can't understand the difference between this video set or another.
If you want to use Nostalgia here, I must you to use 4:3 version. The effect will be less bad!

Basically, I decentered the Nostalgia set because I didn't know how to do it in code. Yes, I was stupid!  ?

I think the way of saying it is wrong. You have great talent and have already contributed a lot to the community. You should value yourself more.

I know things are more difficult when the work is voluntary. There must be people willing to help. But unfortunately there is nothing to do but wait for help.

Man, how I would like to know about programming so I can help you with that. Excuse me! Nostalgia Set is my favorite theme and now Fulcolor. I would love to see both running 100% perfect!

I wish health to your family.

hug!

Edited by soqueroeu

On 5/9/2020 at 11:38 PM, johnsanc said:

Is there a fairly easy way to tweak the theme a bit to add scanlines to the game video area?

The theme itself looks fantastic, but some of the lower res game videos blown up to near full screen look pretty bad. Some simple scanlines would really help.

The resources exist, but the default is disabled. Here's how to enable:

1 - Access directory corresponding to the theme version:
  \ LaunchBox \ Themes \ Colorful - Dark \ Views \

\ LaunchBox \ Themes \ Colorful - Light \ Views \

2 - Find and open these files with a text editor:
  TextGamesView.xaml
  Wheel2GamesView.xaml
  WheelGamesView.xaml

3 - Locate and enable the line code, by removing the locks (start and end of line code):

BEFORE:

a.thumb.png.7e5a74d76710d08db50d5d0baa67bdb6.png

AFTER:

b.thumb.png.72d06a650cbc527e84df93c674c5f90c.png

Edited by soqueroeu
  • Thanks 2

Amazing theme @viking!! Can you please put in the First post which metadata that this theme uses? That way we dont need to download unneeded files. For example I think for this theme you only need "Front Box", "Gameplay Screenshot/Video Sample", and "Clear Logo". Did I miss any other meta data files it needs?

Edited by FoxClubNiner

On 12/22/2020 at 5:27 AM, soqueroeu said:

For those who want to enable scanline in the videos, look for this part in the configuration files and leave it as code below:

<!-- ================================================================= -->
            <!-- SCANLINE OVERLAY ON MAIN VIDEO/MEDIA ============================ -->
            <!-- ================================================================= -->
			<Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Colorful - Dark/Colorful_img/Colorful_Games_Scanline.png" Grid.Column="7" Grid.ColumnSpan="9" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="13" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="LowQuality"/>

Hi soqueroeu.

Where is this file located? Thanx!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 4:39 AM, soqueroeu said:

Hey @viking , I use the nostalgia set videos and also Colorful. Is there any way to determine in the code which video will be used in the categories?
This would solve problems when changing themes. So I could lock specific videos by theme.?

You mean: 1 video set (=) 1 theme?
If that's it, it's possible. When you download a video set, it goes in:

LaunchBox\Videos\Platforms

You can cut/paste in the theme of your choice. For exemple :

LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Videos\Platforms

You can restart a download of another set and paste it in another theme.

On 12/22/2020 at 4:27 AM, soqueroeu said:

The resources exist, but the default is disabled. Here's how to enable:

1 - Access directory corresponding to the theme version:
  \ LaunchBox \ Themes \ Colorful - Dark \ Views \

\ LaunchBox \ Themes \ Colorful - Light \ Views \

2 - Find and open these files with a text editor:
  TextGamesView.xaml
  Wheel2GamesView.xaml
  WheelGamesView.xaml

3 - Locate and enable the line code, by removing the locks (start and end of line code):

Yes, I integrated the scanline effect in the code, but I did not activate it. Why ? Because I can't limit the effect to video. It covers the area. So with high video (NDS, some arcade ...) the effect overflows and is not very aesthetic. The choice is yours!

On 12/26/2020 at 12:05 AM, FoxClubNiner said:

Amazing theme @viking!! Can you please put in the First post which metadata that this theme uses? That way we dont need to download unneeded files. For example I think for this theme you only need "Front Box", "Gameplay Screenshot/Video Sample", and "Clear Logo". Did I miss any other meta data files it needs?

I did not think about that !
I add it to my ToDo =)

So from memory, you need:

• Platform : Clear logo
  • Platform : Video set
  • Game : Gameplay Screenshot.
  • Game : Gameplay video snap.
  • Game : Clear Logo
  • Game : FrontBox

4 hours ago, viking said:

You mean: 1 video set (=) 1 theme?
If that's it, it's possible. When you download a video set, it goes in:

LaunchBox\Videos\Platforms

You can cut/paste in the theme of your choice. For exemple :

LaunchBox\Themes\Colorful - Light\Videos\Platforms

You can restart a download of another set and paste it in another theme.

Yes, I integrated the scanline effect in the code, but I did not activate it. Why ? Because I can't limit the effect to video. It covers the area. So with high video (NDS, some arcade ...) the effect overflows and is not very aesthetic. The choice is yours!

I did not think about that !
I add it to my ToDo ?

So from memory, you need:

• Platform : Clear logo
  • Platform : Video set
  • Game : Gameplay Screenshot.
  • Game : Gameplay video snap.
  • Game : Clear Logo
  • Game : FrontBox

Thanks for the comment! I @viking.
About the Scanlines:
I was not curious to check all the systems. But I already imagined that the scanlines were disabled for some good reason.

About the specific videos for each theme, I was referring to the category videos only. These in specific cannot be associated with the theme and must be chosen in the global Launchbox options. Thus, they will be used for all themes, causing incompatibility and disparity. Any idea?

Edited by soqueroeu

3 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

About the specific videos for each theme, I was referring to the category videos. These in specific cannot be associated with the theme and must be chosen in the global Lauchbox options. Thus, they will be used for all themes, causing incompatibility and disparity. Any idea?

Nope, no idea ... I don't use Category Video myself.
@Jason Carr  Is there a method to specify a Category Video by theme?

• Like 1