LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

hello and good day, I have not been on here for a little while so I might being missing something....

I downloaded the 1.0 version of Colourful DARK and everything is great except I get green on every console I choose on the side like in the photo

is this how its supposed to be? it was coloured before to match the console?

thanks for your time

IMG_0738.png

10 hours ago, kidshoalin said:

hello and good day, I have not been on here for a little while so I might being missing something....

I downloaded the 1.0 version of Colourful DARK and everything is great except I get green on every console I choose on the side like in the photo

is this how its supposed to be? it was coloured before to match the console?

thanks for your time

IMG_0738.png

Is this a bug in the theme? I looked over the topic and found that others are having the same issue, just putting it out there that I went from 11.4 to 11.8 with launchbox, the last version that I had from this theme was working, but now no deal, I deleted my playlists to see if that was it, I deleted the plugins from launchbox folder, that did not work, anyone out there find out what the bug is?

Thank you

2 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

If I am not mistaken, that green It's the default color when the platform name is not in the supported list of the theme.

Take a look at the file Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config in the folder [Your Launchbox directory]\Themes\COLORFUL - Dark\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a\AssemblyConfig

thank you for the response :)

yeah I have been looking into that, but viking made values for each platform and all of mine match the values if not the actual platform names, wouldn't some work? Or is it everything go green if one is wrong? ?

On 11/26/2019 at 9:44 AM, Nortion12 said:

Awesome theme, my favorite! Is there any way to delay the animation when selecting a platform? To sit on the wheel a bit longer, or maybe add a second button press?  I love it but when i hand it to people to use they always hit 'b' to change platforms instead of up and down. Thanks again!

I also would like to know if it's possible to delay the displaying/playback of the platform video (along with the information). when scrolling through the platform wheel, it would be good to have X seconds before playback starts. 

@viking is this theme specific or can it be set in BigBig globally?

Edited by nilsbyte

2 hours ago, kidshoalin said:

thank you for the response :)

yeah I have been looking into that, but viking made values for each platform and all of mine match the values if not the actual platform names, wouldn't some work? Or is it everything go green if one is wrong? ?

UPDATE, I did a full replacement of files that were old to new ones from vastest build of launchbox, still ALL GREEN on ever console, handheld and Arcade category, my OCD is killing me right now ?

Hello there! I'm new in frontend world, but I really like this theme for BigBox. Unfortunately I didn't find some of the systems I have. Specifically "Pokemon mini", "MSX" and "MSX2" for now. I don't want to use different style vids for them. Also they are the first in my list and annoy me. So I tried to do something similar for these systems. Unfortunately I'm not an artist or a designer. My skills very low. Especially on shadows. I used some material from "nostalgia" theme, but I'll try my best in everything else.. I didn't know about the tutorial that the viking published. I'm not in "after effects" at all. "Adobe premiere" is my top.  But now it is better than nothing for me. I rate my work as a non-professional mod for Colorful theme. But If anyone interested, I can share until viking releases his version of it. For "MSX" I used "Sony HB-75P" model, for "MSX 2" - "Philips vg-8235".  Also sorry if my english isn't very good, Thank you. 

Edited by tiualex
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, kidshoalin said:

I Love it, great job ?

can I use the pokemon Mini, I would use that instead of what I have, I would use the others as well but I don't have those systems, awesome work friend

Sure. If anyone else interested, Just leave me PM, I can't release it right now publicly  without permission from viking.

Edited by tiualex
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 9:42 PM, kidshoalin said:

Does anyone here have a solution for this? My tree structure is very simple Category Arcade, Consoles, Handhelds.... and then the systems or games from Arcade

this must be a glitch because everything was working before I updated unless anyone can tell me why?

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply ... a lot of work this month!

Strange bug.
- Do you have any other plugin installed? (LB or BB)
- If you right click on all the files in: "LaunchBox \ Themes \ Colorful - xxx \ Plugins"  Do you have the "unlock" option? If so, unlock and validate.
- Have you tried deleting the theme folder and reinstalling it through the BigBox interface?

Sorry to hear you're in trouble. This part of my theme is a plugin developed by @eatkinola. I don't really have my hands on it.

4 hours ago, tiualex said:

Hello there! I'm new in frontend world, but I really like this theme for BigBox. Unfortunately I didn't find some of the systems I have. Specifically "Pokemon mini", "MSX" and "MSX2" for now. I don't want to use different style vids for them. Also they are the first in my list and annoy me. So I tried to do something similar for these systems. Unfortunately I'm not an artist or a designer. My skills very low. Especially on shadows. I used some material from "nostalgia" theme, but I'll try my best in everything else.. I didn't know about the tutorial that the viking published. I'm not in "after effects" at all. "Adobe premiere" is my top.  But now it is better than nothing for me. I rate my work as a non-professional mod for Colorful theme. But If anyone interested, I can share until viking releases his version of it. For "MSX" I used "Sony HB-75P" model, for "MSX 2" - "Philips vg-8235".  Also sorry if my english isn't very good, Thank you. 

Niiiiiiice !!!!  :x

Please post on the correct topic and follow the guideline !
The goal is to avoid mistakes made with the Nostalgia set and its contributor multipse posts. It is inconvenient for users.
Send me the videos, I will add them my self to the main branch with your credits!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love this theme and would like to use it. However, it is very laggy on my (quite powerful) PC. For example when scrolling through platform categories and platforms, the videos take a while before displaying and sometimes bigbox even freezes for 1 second or two.

Critical Zone is my default theme for now and it works really smoothly. 

Does anyone else have these issues with Colorful or is it just me?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

I love this theme and would like to use it. However, it is very laggy on my (quite powerful) PC. For example when scrolling through platform categories and platforms, the videos take a while before displaying and sometimes bigbox even freezes for 1 second or two.

Critical Zone is my default theme for now and it works really smoothly. 

Does anyone else have these issues with Colorful or is it just me?

Glad you mentioned this! The theme does seem to intermittently lag while scrolling through the platform wheel on my decently powerful PC. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, clockw3rk said:

Glad you mentioned this! The theme does seem to intermittently lag while scrolling through the platform wheel on my decently powerful PC. 

I have a theory: Colorful displays how many games there are in eacht platform category and platforms. When BigBox launches, Colorful "counts" the number of games which are in each platform ategory and platform. This takes time, so when scrolling through the list, there are dalays. Once all games are counted, the scrolling works mre smoothly.

Is that what happens?

Edited by SiriusVI

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ProstatePunch said:

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to remove the playlist function?  Using this as an NES / Gameboy only setup, and I want the A button to select the platform and select the game.  But when I assign the A button to "select" & "play" in the settings, it prompts the "Add to" from the games list.

That's likely the Game Details screen. If you want to bypass that go to BB Options > General and check the box for Skip Game Details.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how I can avoid the transition from game list to the game screen?
To be more precise I'd like to allow the game screen where the video, image, and game details are to appear next to the game list instead of completely disappearing.

Thx in advance.