LaunchBox Community Forums

10.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

7 hours ago, Krakerman said:

Thanks for the lastest update guys!

Just a quick mention .... why is it when we right click and see list of all the additional apps we have assigned to any game? Can you just add an option to not see those when you right click.

In my case I have multiple programs and only maybe 1 of those would be useful to see or use when I right click as it's a pdf but the others are for when LB runs the game and would not want to launch them from right clicking on the game.

Thanks again guys!

I set up HDR scripts that I have to run manually before and after certain games because HDR isn't baked into their APIs. Having the additional apps show by right-clicking the game is a godsend and should stay the way it is. Makes switching between HDR/SDR much more efficient.

I just updated to Beta 11 to try out Uplay and Origin integrations. Uplay is running but LB doesn't prompt me to sign in with my credentials. So no games are picked up at all during the import process. What am I missing?

Origin works fine.

Edited by Thornback

2 hours ago, Thornback said:

I set up HDR scripts that I have to run manually before and after certain games because HDR isn't baked into their APIs. Having the additional apps show by right-clicking the game is a godsend and should stay the way it is. Makes switching between HDR/SDR much more efficient.

What script are you using to toggle HDR, can you share it? I go back and forth on having HDR activated in Windows, as you say its needed to be on for a lot of games to even offer the HDR option in game, but it also interferes with certain other apps if left on permanently, so turning it on when needed per game sounds like a good compromise.  

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

What script are you using to toggle HDR, can you share it? I go back and forth on having HDR activated in Windows, as you say its needed to be on for a lot of games to even offer the HDR option in game, but it also interferes with certain other apps if left on permanently, so turning it on when needed per game sounds like a good compromise.  

Here you go mate.

This is intended to be used with Windows 10. Once added as 'additional applications' on relevant games it automatically flicks HDR on and off. Let me know if you have any issues at all.

HDR off.vbs HDR on.vbs

11 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Here you go mate.

This is intended to be used with Windows 10. Once added as 'additional applications' on relevant games it automatically flicks HDR on and off. Let me know if you have any issues at all.

HDR off.vbs 415 B · 0 downloads HDR on.vbs 415 B · 0 downloads

Cool cheers. I have actually used these scripts before but i had issues with them, it seems multi monitor was the culprit as it changes the order of the Display options, working fine with only one display connected now. Nice one.

Glad to hear that it's working for you now.

Meanwhile, I'm still pulling my hair out over the Uplay import lol. I don't know why it isn't detecting any games, something must not be communicating properly. I ran Uplay prior to starting the import but it still doesn't connect with LB.

7 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Meanwhile, I'm still pulling my hair out over the Uplay import lol. I don't know why it isn't detecting any games, something must not be communicating properly. I ran Uplay prior to starting the import but it still doesn't connect with LB.

I didnt have to do anything special for Uplay, just ran the wizard and logged into my account when prompted.

image.thumb.png.966fe1fcec32d8fae6be32a2be312d95.png

That's the strange part @neil9000 - it simply doesn't ask for my credentials so I can't proceed. All other storefronts are working fine, it is only Uplay that doesn't want to play ball. I go through the steps and instead of asking me to log into my account it jumps straight to the screen where my games are supposed to show up.

There is not even a Uplay section inside the options menu.. Capture.thumb.PNG.c70c9af6083ff813d48634155dfc62ce.PNG

Edited by Thornback

2 minutes ago, Thornback said:

That's the strange part @neil9000 - it simply doesn't ask for my credentials so I can't proceed. All other storefronts are working fine, it is only Uplay that doesn't want to play ball. I go through the steps and instead of asking me to log into my account it jumps straight to the screen where my games are supposed to show up.

Yeah weird, i just ran the importer again and it seems i was already logged in still as it didnt ask me to and then displayed games to import.

image.thumb.png.306b176800750a112a6705cddceb29f4.png

3 hours ago, Thornback said:

I did not say turn it off I said option to enable them or disable them. So some of us may not want every single item in the right click to show up so if there was a option for each entry to have it show up or not would be perfect solution.

Like you I have some special code and programs that run before and after that I may or may not want to show up in the right click. Makes sense to have an option.

Edited by Krakerman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wallmachine said:

I think the reason that game is missing is because the MAME database the LB team have uploaded excludes that game.

uccopsaru was released in MAME 0.220 on apr-06 2020 so maybe they haven't updated the database yet. I can't answer when they update the database as the last modified date it shows for me is ‎Saturday, ‎22 ‎June ‎2019, ‏‎7:51:04 AM.

\LaunchBox\Metadata\Mame.xml

In my experience, unrecognized games would still show up in the ist with the filename showing instead of the Game's name. That said, it doesn't explain why "2 games were successfully imported" when there is only 1.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

1 minute ago, mcfilmmakers said:

In my experience, unrecognized games would still show up in the ist with the filename showing instead of the Game's name. That said, it doesn't explain why "2 games were successfully imported" when there is only 1.

Don't think thats how the MAME import works, yes if you do it via individual ROMs

12 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

can you show me a video or picture steps of how you are doing it.

It's literally drag and drop. Select all 5 files, drag into launchbox, the wizard opens asking "What type of game files are you importing?". I select ROM Files. Then it asks for platform, in which case I select Irem M92, Choose Emulator: MAME. Use files in current location, search for info from games database enabled, select all to download images, select all to download from emumovies, select Force importing duplicate games, select combine roms with matching titles, then the MAME options screen appears:Capture.thumb.JPG.2f60719611f754a7ad3fa84f8c8056d1.JPG(I really wish that screen had a deselect all option....)

I've done this literally the same way with everything else and never had an issue with unrecognized games showing the filename instead of a title under 10.14 but under the beta it's not working and again, doesn't explain why "2 games successfully import" but only 1 appears.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

21 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

It's literally drag and drop. Select all 5 files, drag into launchbox, the wizard opens asking "What type of game files are you importing?". I select ROM Files. Then it asks for platform, in which case I select Irem M92, Choose Emulator: MAME. Use files in current location, search for info from games database enabled, select all to download images, select all to download from emumovies, select Force importing duplicate games, select combine roms with matching titles, then the MAME options screen appears:Capture.thumb.JPG.2f60719611f754a7ad3fa84f8c8056d1.JPG(I really wish that screen had a deselect all option....)

I've done this literally the same way with everything else and never had an issue with unrecognized games showing the filename instead of a title under 10.14 but under the beta it's not working and again, doesn't explain why "2 games successfully import" but only 1 appears.

From what I understand if the game isn't in the database it doesn't work for MAME type imports.

I tried your way without the game in the database couldn't get it to show in the import process.

Tried by adding the game manually to the MAME.xml and the game appeared as you are wanting after I imported how you mentioned.

Edited by wallmachine

5 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

From what I understand if the game isn't in the database it doesn't work for MAME type imports.

I tried your way without the game in the database couldn't get it to show in the import process.

Tried by adding the game manually to the MAME.xml and the game appeared as you are wanting after I imported how you mentioned.

I've only done mame imports and it worked in the past. That said, it recognized 4 files for 2 games in my screenshots but only 3 imported for 1 game. 

2 hours ago, Thornback said:

Have to install and launch Uplay and log into it. We read the registry values Uplay generates to determine what games you have available. There is no SSO screen like Epic or Origin have. Another thing to note is that we do not display games that simply point to a Steam launch path. If all your Uplay games are games from your Steam library the import wouldn't find any.