LaunchBox Community Forums

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll

faeran

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll  

2,001 members have voted

The results of the poll will be posted after the poll is completed.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, vitorusp said:

We need better tools to manage our roms: like duplicate file finder with automatic selection and delete option, and others tools for files.

Launchbox is not a rom manager though, it's outside the scope.

Also this thread is not for feature requests, its for feedback on the current poll items.

3 minutes ago, vitorusp said:

We need better tools to manage our roms: like duplicate file finder with automatic selection and delete option, and others tools for files.

also compare names with launcbox database before importing, would be nice

A couple of the items I didn't quite understand.  Like, I think I do, but its hard to imagine what the final result would be.  A graphic mock up would be helpful in future polls to show exactly what you're talking about. 

And as for the screensaver integration - isn't attract mode a screensaver in itself?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fursphere said:

And as for the screensaver integration - isn't attract mode a screensaver in itself?

Yes, this option though would not cycle through games and then show only what the theme shows as if you were using it. It would be to simply show random media from your media files.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yes, this option though would not cycle through games and then show only what the theme shows as if you were using it. It would be to simply show random media from your media files.

Sounds interesting!   I like the way ArcadeEIP does it best - where its loading the MAME roms and they're fully playable, then switches to another game.   I know this would be difficult for almost any other platform outside of MAME though. 

At first glance, the MiSTer integration seems awesome, but I'm wondering what the practicality would be. When I'm using Launchbox/BigBox, I'm typically connected to the same TV that my MiSTer is connected to, so it would be strange to launch a game from Launchbox and then switch to another TV input to play the game on MiSTer. Why not just switch to MiSTer and launch it there? Perhaps it might be quicker to find the game through Launchbox, but you still need need to spend time switching inputs. 

I do currently use an Android app called Tatsutron that does something similar, albeit through an Android app. This makes more sense to me, launching a game from a cell phone and seeing the results immediately on your TV, but in actuality, I still find myself not using the app much. It's easier to just launch things through the MiSTer. 

Am I missing a use case? I hope so!

1 hour ago, Lordmonkus said:

Launchbox is not a rom manager though, it's outside the scope.

Also this thread is not for feature requests, its for feedback on the current poll items.

Launchbox is not a rom manager for now, but has all habilities to. Perhaps in the future. But ok, I just intended to make a sugest. Sorry about that...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fzblackpage said:

I'd like to see a "Recently Played" section to easily access the games I'm playing. Be more Plex-like with its recently watched/continue viewing sections.

You can already make Recently Played playlists with Auto-Populated playlists

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Nope.
I have MiSTer and I cannot think of any reason for this, I wouldn't use a phone app to launch games on my MiSTer.

I could see myself using this,  I rarely use LB to play games anymore, I use it more as a database now. I don't own a MiSTer yet, but I plan on getting one to supplement the consoles I don't own yet. It would be cool to have LB on one screen for choosing a game, and have that game launch on the MiSTer. If only there was some way for LB to do this with EverDrives and ODEs. My dream would be to choose a game in BigBox and have BigBox tell my Home Assistant to turn on that specific console, then launch the game on that console. I own 24 consoles so far, and all of them are automated in Home Assistant for power and input switching (I keep all of them powered on, and use smart outlets for powering on and off). I have EverDrives, ODEs or HDDs on all of my consoles, which is why I don't use LB for playing anymore. I prefer real hardware over emulation. But EverDrives and ODEs don't have the artwork and metadata that LB has, so it would be nice to utilize all of that together. Probably never gonna happen though.

The advantage I see in Screenscraper is the fact that they have a choice of several languages for the overview of the games. If this additional game overview language feature were included in our database there would be no need for Screescrape integration.
I've requested this several times, I think it would be better than having to resort to 3rd party APIs.

• Like 1

I’d like to request the ability to optionally change the default attract mode of random games to loop selected video(s). I would envision this as a checkbox to use video rather than default attract mode that would utilize the video “attractmode” in LaunchBox\Videos…similar to the “startup” video.

Votes at bitbucket can be found at this link:

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/6104/attract-mode-option-to-play-loop-video-s

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alissongamer said:

The advantage I see in Screenscraper is the fact that they have a choice of several languages for the overview of the games. If this additional game overview language feature were included in our database there would be no need for Screescrape integration.
I've requested this several times, I think it would be better than having to resort to 3rd party APIs.

Something like this could be added to our database.🙏

image.thumb.png.38c6ff8983f8899626340d97b7b263be.png

• Like 5
  • Unusual Gem 1