LaunchBox Community Forums

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll

faeran

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll  

2,001 members have voted

The results of the poll will be posted after the poll is completed.

This poll is closed to new votes

Again people, this thread is for discussion of the features proposed in the poll. It is not a place to make new requests not associated with the poll. As stated in the first post those should be directed to the bitbucket via the Help & Support/Request a Feature link at the top of the forum.

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been talked about yet, but if The Bezel Project is added to launchbox we would also need a "rom re-namer" of sorts incorporated with the bezel project as I'm sure alot of people may have rom sets that are not named as no-intro sets wich The Bezel Project uses that name scheme to match the bezels to the game, as far as I know.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Mute64

I voted against bezel project for one reason mostly, i do like the idea of 16:9 borders to get rid of the dead black space on my 16:9 screen, i mostly already do that myself in retro arch, but bezel project as far as i know also has these fake CRT borders inside the 4:3 game window for ALL OF THEM and artificially bends the actual game picture via Shaders and i just hate how that looks... i tried it a few times and i even managed to get a little nauseous from it.  

If there was an option for just 16:9 borders without any of the other stuff, that i'd be all for, but i think that is probably beyond the scope of what is planned here.  
I don't mind if you add it, but i'm 99% sure i won't use it.  

As far as Linux support goes, i voted yes, but i want to make clear that i would want to use it on the Steam Deck, i don't have mine yet, with some luck it might even work through Proton or Wine already, no idea how any of that works.  
There are also already some other options that just add the roms as steam games and set it all up automatically (Emulation Station, EmuDeck)  ...but i sure wouldn't complain if LaunchBox made its way onto it as an additional option.  

That would also go hand in hand with the mentioned sync options.  

• Like 2
  • Game On 1

6 minutes ago, Z3R0B4NG said:

but bezel project as far as i know also has these fake CRT borders inside the 4:3 game window for ALL OF THEM and artificially bends the actual game picture via Shaders and i just hate how that looks... i tried it a few times and i even managed to get a little nauseous from it.  

The bezel project is simply bezels, they do not use any shaders at all. The actual artwork of the bezel is slightly curved to mimic a CRT, but it does nothing to the gameplay window image whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alissongamer said:

The advantage I see in Screenscraper is the fact that they have a choice of several languages for the overview of the games. If this additional game overview language feature were included in our database there would be no need for Screescrape integration.
I've requested this several times, I think it would be better than having to resort to 3rd party APIs.

Totally agree with your comment.

I don't understand why those of us who speak a language other than English are excluded from having the possibility of integrating other languages in the Launchbox database.

It would be as simple as enabling complementary languages and the community itself contributing its translations.

So simple and so far from reality.

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The bezel project is simply bezels, they do not use any shaders at all. The actual artwork of the bezel is slightly curved to mimic a CRT, but it does nothing to the gameplay window image whatsoever.

I'm sure there was some shader you are supposed to use with it to get an effect like this, it might not be active by default ...either way, if that effect isn't even active then the CRT borders within the 4:3 screen area make even less sense to me.
(i know the video is from another project, i'm just using it to show what i was thinking of)

2 hours ago, KazeOne said:

I would like to see native support for pdf and cbv files to have strategy guides and retro gaming magazines viewable on the system.

Can already add manuals to a game. PDF is supported already. CBR/CBZ is not (assume that what you meant, I've not heard of CBV before. You can also add additional documents to additional application section of a game. You can also scrape manuals via EmuMovies and a few of the third party storefronts.

7 minutes ago, Gaming.Zone said:

I still think the following quality of life features would be nice:

* Next and Back button when editing an item, so that you can make changes and move to the next game rather then save, click next game, edit.

* Platform Manuals

* Submission of new Platforms to the Games DB (As well as removal of duplicate platforms)

* EmuMovies Scrape Name Field (Something so you can corollate later the best name to scrape with, if the Games DB and your LB have different names - and always get results from EmuMovies.)

* Missing Items List (Checkbox setup somethere where you can specify what you need for your big box look) ( Example: Missing - Video, Box 3D, Cart Front)

It’s been stated multiple times that this is not the place to make feature requests:

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Again people, this thread is for discussion of the features proposed in the poll. It is not a place to make new requests not associated with the poll. As stated in the first post those should be directed to the bitbucket via the Help & Support/Request a Feature link at the top of the forum.

• Like 1

It would be nice to have better support in themes for game systems that have multiple regions. Such as separating Famicom & nes, snes & super famicom, 32x & mega 32x & super 32x. Yes they do share similar games but the box art isn't uniform across the various differences. I have separated them myself and made some custom setups. Would be nice to have them separated automatically though.  

3 hours ago, BlackHorse said:

Lütfen ama lütfen Türkçe dil desteği gelsin. Türkiye ülkesinde çok ama çok bilmediğiniz kadar çok kullanıcı var. Teşekkürler.

We would need a Turkish language speaker to volunteer to do the translation, thats not a feature just a lack of people willing to do it. I'm going to assume by your post being in Turkish that you cant translate from English yourself, just like our American developers also cannot translate English to Turkish as they do not speak the language.

• Like 1

Screenscraper tiene descripciones de los juegos en español, italiano o francés. Sólo por eso merece la integración.  Los no usamos ingles en nuesta vida diaria lo agradeceríamos.

Screenscraper has descriptions of the games in Spanish, Italian or French. That is why it deserves integration. We do not use English in our daily life, we would appreciate it