LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 now has QT GUI - how to launch with LB

TheNewClassics

On 7/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, WilsonWilson said:

I understand that, in the current version of LB, per-game config is built-in

I think you mean to say "the current version of PCSX2, per-game config is built-in".  

13 minutes ago, WilsonWilson said:

but do I need to input those command-line parameters above (from Duckstation) in order to get it working correctly?

To get it to launch correctly from LaunchBox, yes.  

As you've read in this thread, the old "--fullscreen" command-line parameter is now "-fullscreen" (single, not double dash).  But you can get rid of that completely by checking 'start fullscreen' (or however it's written) in the PCSX2 GUI.

Also, using the command "-batch" (without quotes) will alleviate the need for an exit script.

Lastly, (and pretty important) if you have (had) any per-game custom command-line parameters to load specific configs, delete those.

20 minutes ago, WilsonWilson said:

Can I get some assistance?

Are you having specific issues running PCSX2?  Or just generally asking if you need to do things mentioned above?

On 8/7/2022 at 10:14 AM, JoeViking245 said:

I think you mean to say "the current version of PCSX2, per-game config is built-in".  

As you've read in this thread, the old "--fullscreen" command-line parameter is now "-fullscreen" (single, not double dash).  But you can get rid of that completely by checking 'start fullscreen' (or however it's written) in the PCSX2 GUI.

Also, using the command "-batch" (without quotes) will alleviate the need for an exit script.

Lastly, (and pretty important) if you have (had) any per-game custom command-line parameters to load specific configs, delete those.

Are you having specific issues running PCSX2?  Or just generally asking if you need to do things mentioned above?

Hey! Maybe I just need to try it out? I'll try one of my Resident Evil games, or Castlevania Lords of Shadow or something, and come back with any specific questions. I was just curious if there's anything I need to do beforehand to make sure everything works, but I guess I'm getting the sense that it should just work. I just don't know how streamlined it all is, you know?

Edited by WilsonWilson

7 minutes ago, WilsonWilson said:

Maybe I just need to try it out?

lol.  Yes. ;) 

8 minutes ago, WilsonWilson said:

if there's anything I need to do beforehand to make sure everything works, but I guess I'm getting the sense that it should just work.

What's needing to be done beforehand is to test everything in PCSX2 itself.  Once that proves good, then move on to setting it up in LB

Here's what I did:  

• Had "-batch" (without quotes) as the ONLY command-line parameter in LB.
  • Checked Start Fullscreen via the PCSX2 GUI.
  • Removed all the old custom command-line parameters for every game in LB. (a little over half of mine had them)
  • Launched Kung Fu Panda, and it worked flawlessly.  Without ANY adjustments being made inside PCSX2.  For the few PS2 games I have, if KFP works, they'll all work. :D

On 8/8/2022 at 12:25 PM, JoeViking245 said:

lol.  Yes. ;) 

What's needing to be done beforehand is to test everything in PCSX2 itself.  Once that proves good, then move on to setting it up in LB

Here's what I did:  

• Had "-batch" (without quotes) as the ONLY command-line parameter in LB.
  • Checked Start Fullscreen via the PCSX2 GUI.
  • Removed all the old custom command-line parameters for every game in LB. (a little over half of mine had them)
  • Launched Kung Fu Panda, and it worked flawlessly.  Without ANY adjustments being made inside PCSX2.  For the few PS2 games I have, if KFP works, they'll all work. :D

Okay, thank you very much! The first problem I encounter is that, none of the 43 games that appear on LB can be played. There are 4 icons in the bottom left: Play, Configure, Edit, and Delete. Play and Configure are greyed out for every game. So, how do I get those options to work?

10 minutes ago, WilsonWilson said:

Play and Configure are greyed out for every game

This happens after you've clicked one of the games?  Configure stays grey-out for me too. But I don't know what it would do if it wasn't. lol  Never paid attention to it.  But Play shouldn't be (after you've clicked one of the games).

If you click a game, and Play is greyed out, then you most likely don't have a ROM File associated with it.  Click Edit and look under Launching to verify.

image.png.c47fa7e2735115e96fb621b81f71fa41.png

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

This happens after you've clicked one of the games?  Configure stays grey-out for me too. But I don't know what it would do if it wasn't. lol  Never paid attention to it.  But Play shouldn't be (after you've clicked one of the games).

If you click a game, and Play is greyed out, then you most likely don't have a ROM File associated with it.  Click Edit and look under Launching to verify.

image.png.c47fa7e2735115e96fb621b81f71fa41.png

The ROMs are there, I put them on the computer myself, many of them just a couple weeks ago, but I'll check under Edit.

• 1 month later...

Hey all. First, thank you for the tips on -batch and settings within QT to get this up and running. I ended up converting my collection to CHD for all of the obvious benefits, but didn't realize that the stable release wouldn't play them. So I started my journey into the QT nightly build this morning. 

I just have one issue though. I can't seem to exit back to LB with an xbox controller. I'm moonlighting into my system with an Odin which has xinput controls and I'd like to use start+select to exit the emulator back into LB the same way I did with retroarch. Using esc on the keyboard works fine but that means I have to go back to my PC, login and hit escape. I'd like to just use start+select on my controller instead.

Any ideas? 

3 hours ago, DanCue said:

Hey all. First, thank you for the tips on -batch and settings within QT to get this up and running. I ended up converting my collection to CHD for all of the obvious benefits, but didn't realize that the stable release wouldn't play them. So I started my journey into the QT nightly build this morning. 

I just have one issue though. I can't seem to exit back to LB with an xbox controller. I'm moonlighting into my system with an Odin which has xinput controls and I'd like to use start+select to exit the emulator back into LB the same way I did with retroarch. Using esc on the keyboard works fine but that means I have to go back to my PC, login and hit escape. I'd like to just use start+select on my controller instead.

Any ideas? 

there are controller mapping options in LaunchBox and Big Box. I think the specific one you would want is called "Close Active Window". You can set your start and select button combo there and when pressed it will close the emulator. Beware this really does close the active window, so if you hit that button combo again with LaunchBox or Big Box up it would close that application too. (or any other application at that if it was the active window)

• 2 months later...

I use this to have separate settings per game: 

But the --cfg command doesn't seem to work when launching games either, I've also tried with a singular dash, has anyone got that working?

Edit: Just noticed you can right-click games in the emulator and set properties on a per game basis, nice one!

Edited by Wasdom_Kung

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2022 at 1:14 AM, JoeViking245 said:

Hey mate, is there a way to undo command-line parameters for custom configs without having to go through each game individually? I couldn't find an option in the bulk editing wizard.

Edited by Thornback

36 minutes ago, Thornback said:

is there a way to undo command-line parameters for custom configs without having to go through each game individually?

If you're talking about the per-game custom command-line parameters to load a cfg file (as in the "old way"),

image.png.cbfb9bc41898d652c47623d898649cc1.png

(speaking of "old", this is an old stock photo. The game editor appears different in recent LB versions. But the options are the same. ;)

...you can use the Bulk Custom Command-line Editor plugin.

4) Select a game (or games), right click and choose "Bulk Command Line Editor"
     - Type in the command line and click "Finish" (or hit Enter)
     - To clear the Command-Line for the selected game(s), leave blank and click "Finish"
     - To exit without making changes, click "Cancel"

If you're talking about something different, let me know.

• Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

i have last version of PCSX2 but when i launch a games directly from emulator all works perfectly and they takes rights profile input controllers,

while when i launch games by LaunchBox or BigBox maybe they use default setting and not specific.

How to do ??? Please.

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2022 at 6:34 AM, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

*Edit*

In the following comment I assume you already have per game memory cards and want to couple them with the appropriate game.

The only way I found so far is to edit the specific games' .ini file found in the PCSX2\gamesettings folder. As I have not found a way to do this via the PCSX2 QT menu (not even via a command-line parameter) this is a per game manual labor. Made extra difficult by the naming scheme of the per game .ini files. The .ini files are named after the games' playstation game serial and it's CRC. But anyway so far the following works for me as I use the game God of War II as an example:

Open PCSX2 QT > right click your game > Properties. In the window title bar of the window that opens you see the name of the per game .ini file it uses.

1280247077_Schermopname(109).thumb.jpg.c762ab2ab8289bbc25944f3b4bb5f02f.jpg

Now look in the PCSX2\gamesettings folder if an .ini file with that name exists. If you have not changed any settings for that game from the default settings it doesn't exists and you have to create one your self. Create an empty text file and rename. You can copy/paste the codes from the Serial and CRC fields, separated by an underscore. Don't forget to change the file extension from .txt to .ini. In my case for God of War II I did make some per game changes so I opened SCUS-97481_2F123FD8.ini with a text editor and added:

[MemoryCards]
Slot1_Filename = God of War II (USA).ps2

Of course replace God of War II (USA).ps2 with the name of your per game memory card.

how do you configure Launchbox to start a game from its game specific settings .ini?

Thank you!

On 6/9/2024 at 2:41 PM, bojo5150 said:

how do you configure Launchbox to start a game from its game specific settings .ini?

Thank you!

PCSX2 1.7 handles game-specific settings automatically. There is nothing to configure in LB.

9 hours ago, Cineaste said:

PCSX2 1.7 handles game-specific settings automatically. There is nothing to configure in LB.

Here's what I'm trying to do... Launch Konami Python 2 games via the P2IO branch. These games run from a .py2 config file / a .raw HDD image. I cannot figure out what the command line is to accomplish this in Launchbox so right now the only way to launch the game is in the PCSX2 dashboard by dbl clicking on a game specific settings .ini 

• 1 month later...