LaunchBox Community Forums

13.2 Beta Thread

faeran

1 hour ago, Azgorath said:

RA platforms don't have the Achievements option showing in filters in LB.

I have a similar problem with three platforms: Famicom Disk System, Wonderswan Color and Neo Geo Pocket Color. Is it because RetroAchievements lumps NES + FDS games in one category, same with Wonderswan and Neo Geo Pocket? I mean, it shouldn't matter how you name your platforms in LB, since the scan looks for specific hashes, right? I have separate platforms for each of these systems. All files are in .7z format.

Edited by Jakatsu

We do use Platform Name / Scrape As values to help narrow down what platform the game may be for. We do that so we don't waste the resources hashing a file for a platform that doesn't have any achievements.

The filter he is referring to though looks at your local data, if some of the games have achievements and others don't the filter would appear.

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

We do use Platform Name / Scrape As values to help narrow down what platform the game may be for. We do that so we don't waste the resources hashing a file for a platform that doesn't have any achievements.

The filter he is referring to though looks at your local data, if some of the games have achievements and others don't the filter would appear.

I see, well that explains it then. Thanks for the quick reply.

Beta 4 is out with the following:

• Improvement: GOG's play time, last played, and badge information are now updated during startup
  • Fixed: A game containing multiple executables should now import properly using the EA import
  • Fixed: Potential LaunchBox image grid loading issues in certain rare situations
  • Like 3

On 2/15/2023 at 4:18 PM, moudrost said:

Personally I would he happy with the achievement icon sitting next to the other version in the sub menu. There would at least be some visibility that though one version doesn't, this one does.

image.png.a5de5784ed7f72331319e66b1e98e657.png

Maybe two versions of your trophy icon. One that indicates the game selected is compatible and another that indicates a version is compatible would be helpful here as well.

image.png.e940bd01df71a9e945b89a11fa73719e.png

That would be ideal. Alternate app hashes should be scanned as well, not just the first game. And to differentiate it, you could put the same icon but in a different color.

2 hours ago, Azgorath said:

Hey guys. Just bringing to your attention that in beta 4, LB doesn't refresh the view after making any changes such as enabling/disabling badges, renaming game titles, switching between list view and images view, etc. LB only refreshes and shows the changes after I select another platform.

Capture.PNG

Same Issue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Azgorath said:

Hey guys. Just bringing to your attention that in beta 4, LB doesn't refresh the view after making any changes such as enabling/disabling badges, renaming game titles, switching between list view and images view, etc. LB only refreshes and shows the changes after I select another platform.

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Rlad said:

Same Issue

This is a custom theme issue that we'll address early next week.

For now, you can use the default theme, or if you are adventurous, you can dive into your theme's SideBarView.xaml file and change the following to False: VirtualizingStackPanel.IsVirtualizing

2 hours ago, faeran said:

For now, you can use the default theme, or if you are adventurous, you can dive into your theme's SideBarView.xaml file and change the following to False: VirtualizingStackPanel.IsVirtualizing

I set this to False as suggested, but the behavior remains unchanged. I am using the Rincewind theme.

EDIT: Also observing this on Default theme.

image.thumb.png.95d9b962c0a09598f264681c1cdd8035.png

Edited by Thornback

11 hours ago, faeran said:

Sadly the same thing is happening even on the default theme. Also changed that option to false but issue persists.

Edited by Azgorath

10 hours ago, Thornback said:

I set this to False as suggested, but the behavior remains unchanged. I am using the Rincewind theme.

EDIT: Also observing this on Default theme.

image.thumb.png.95d9b962c0a09598f264681c1cdd8035.png

1 hour ago, Azgorath said:

Sadly the same thing is happening even on the default theme. Also changed that option to false but issue persists.

For now we've rolled back to beta 3 until we've had a chance to look closer into this and fix it up early next week.

For anyone interested, you can always roll back to beta 3 by running the beta 3 installer overtop of your build (located inside of LaunchBox\Updates).

Thanks for helping us beta test.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, faeran said:

For now we've rolled back to beta 3 until we've had a chance to look closer into this and fix it up early next week.

For anyone interested, you can always roll back to beta 3 by running the beta 3 installer overtop of your build (located inside of LaunchBox\Updates).

No problem. Keep up the good work.

On 2/18/2023 at 11:27 PM, faeran said:

@faeran is there any way you can pm me the beta 3 download? I just recently cleaned up my PC's hard drive and deleted a bunch of stuff and only have the beta 4 in the updates folder. However, if the next (new) beta is being released soon, I can wait. I'm having the same issue as others, where everything in LaunchBox freezes up unless I switch to another platform.

On 2/18/2023 at 1:32 PM, The Papaw said:

Added note on beta 4 I found before rolling back to beta 3. When you launch a game in BB, the game launches but the game video audio continued to play

I had this problem with beta 4, with a slight twist.

If I started a game with my PS5 controller, with DS4Windows running, the BB video would keep playing in the background.   If I launched the game with my Xbox One controller, I had not issues.    (I was launching Dead Cells - Steam Game).   In my head I blamed the PS5 / DS4Windows setup, not BB Beta, and just used the Xbox controller for that session. 

I'll have to go try Beta 5 and see what happens.