LaunchBox Community Forums

13.9 Beta Thread

faeran

Really love the new Discovery Center - loads of fun finding games hidden away I have not seen or played in ages!

I have one issue however, games that are marked hidden show up in the Discovery Centre - it would be more useful if that flag was taken into consideration for the games being displayed.

If a platform or game is hidden by the user having show up in the Discovery Centre is confusing I find.

sTeVE

Edited by jetbootjack

1 hour ago, jetbootjack said:

Really love the new Discovery Center - loads of fun finding games hidden away I have not seen or played in ages!

I have one issue however, games that are marked hidden show up in the Discovery Centre - it would be more useful if that flag was taken into consideration for the games being displayed.

If a platform or game is hidden by the user having show up in the Discovery Centre is confusing I find.

sTeVE

Been discussed in several threads and the recent 13.10 release has a fix for that. 

Receiving this error when open launchbox:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.8
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void MoveNext()
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Xbox.XboxAccountClient.RevertLiteralCustomer(Object reference)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Xbox.XboxAccountClient.RefreshTokens()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Processes.Scanning.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.VerifyDistributedFilter()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

01:30:11 Exception

I have had an annoying issue since upgrading to 13.9/10. If I run the "update metadata" function across a large set of records, most of the time my computer just shuts off after a few minutes of downloading after the scan. No warning. Nothing. It just crashes to off. I can mitigate this happening most of the time by only selecting a thousand records or less. It has happened however on smaller sets, but it will at least complete most of the time. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have never seen this happen before in all the years of using this application.

Looking in the application log, I am seeing endless errors such as these.

Faulting application name: ImageDupeGrouper.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x9c36baf9
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2861, time stamp: 0x9e57f18c
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00149392
Faulting process id: 0x0xAB44
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA38D94ECF2499
Faulting application path: E:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\ImageDupeGrouper\ImageDupeGrouper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 81bf7347-2d6f-458a-83d5-c5e9c4864dc4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: ImageDupeGrouper.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
   at ImageDupeGrouper.PhashedImage..ctor(System.String)
   at ImageDupeGrouper.Program.Main(System.String[])

Over and over and over again.

image.thumb.png.82d80a9f96ef7c4766c90159ca9591b0.png

Could this be the cause of it?

11 hours ago, sagaopc said:

Receiving this error when open launchbox:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.8
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void MoveNext()
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Xbox.XboxAccountClient.RevertLiteralCustomer(Object reference)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Xbox.XboxAccountClient.RefreshTokens()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Processes.Scanning.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.VerifyDistributedFilter()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

01:30:11 Exception

Microsoft changed their stuff and broke Xbox integration, which was then fixed in LaunchBox 13.9. You can look for the threads on the subject to point you in the right direction, if you are having trouble updating.

7 minutes ago, moudrost said:

I have had an annoying issue since upgrading to 13.9/10. If I run the "update metadata" function across a large set of records, most of the time my computer just shuts off after a few minutes of downloading after the scan. No warning. Nothing. It just crashes to off. I can mitigate this happening most of the time by only selecting a thousand records or less. It has happened however on smaller sets, but it will at least complete most of the time. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have never seen this happen before in all the years of using this application.

Looking in the application log, I am seeing endless errors such as these.

Faulting application name: ImageDupeGrouper.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x9c36baf9
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2861, time stamp: 0x9e57f18c
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00149392
Faulting process id: 0x0xAB44
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA38D94ECF2499
Faulting application path: E:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\ImageDupeGrouper\ImageDupeGrouper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 81bf7347-2d6f-458a-83d5-c5e9c4864dc4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: ImageDupeGrouper.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
   at ImageDupeGrouper.PhashedImage..ctor(System.String)
   at ImageDupeGrouper.Program.Main(System.String[])

Over and over and over again.

image.thumb.png.82d80a9f96ef7c4766c90159ca9591b0.png

Could this be the cause of it?

For troubleshooting, I'd open up a separate thread in the troubleshooting section of the forums.

1 hour ago, Sbaby said:

Windows games have started not keeping track of the minutes played, or rather, only saving a few seconds. can it be solved ?

Most likely your Windows games' executable is a launcher to the actual games exe.  So the 'launcher' is only active (being "played") for a few seconds.  Which is the 'game' that LaunchBox is measuring.

49 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Most likely your Windows games' executable is a launcher to the actual games exe.  So the 'launcher' is only active (being "played") for a few seconds.  Which is the 'game' that LaunchBox is measuring.

AlanWake2.exe 

Quick minor issue: default theme does not display EA games badges. It's missing this from game details view. (I grabbed it from the LB default theme).

<Condition Binding="{Binding ElementName=EA, Path=HasBadge}" Value="False"/>

<coverFlow:FlowBadge x:Name="EABadge" BadgeName="EA" DataContext="{Binding SelectedGame}" Margin="5">
    <coverFlow:FlowBadge.Style>
        <Style TargetType="coverFlow:FlowBadge">
            <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
            <Style.Triggers>
                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=EABadge, Path=HasBadge}" Value="True">
                    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible" />
                </DataTrigger>
            </Style.Triggers>
        </Style>
    </coverFlow:FlowBadge.Style>
</coverFlow:FlowBadge>

Is anyone else having trouble seeing GOG achievements?

I've signed in via the storefront and scanned multiple times without success.

Also, not all of my GOG games were imported. What would cause that?

I'm using LB 13.10 with the default LB theme. Thanks.

9 hours ago, SqHd said:

Also, not all of my GOG games were imported. What would cause that?

Typically we see this if the profile name is entered incorrectly or if the profile doesn't have their privacy settings set so that "All Visitors" can view the games in their library. Can check if that's the case for you by going to: https://www.gog.com/account/settings/privacy

9 minutes ago, SqHd said:

@C-Beats Hi. Thanks for the info. I double checked settings and tried a bunch of username permutations. Still no luck. No biggie. I'll try again with the next LB release.

Well can't fix something we don't track down the cause of. Does the regular import wizard net you any results?