LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme 2.03

(22 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS COLORFUL MEDIA SET ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. Hope you like it!!

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.cc3347194aedf12be1e85d8640be0d23.jpg

OFFICIAL COLORFUL ASSET :

RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY ASSET :

# HERE IS COLORFUL THEME FOR BIGBOX:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Theme for BigBox:
Design for work with my platform video set, COLORFUL THEME is thought to be used on the big screen (TV) in gaming console mode.
Modern, elegant and animated are the key words of this interface.

The COLORFUL project is getting too big for me alone.
@faeran  has taken over the source code of the theme. A BIG THANKS to you for your support and your precious help !! :x

# IN DETAIL ?
The main features :

• 16:9 only. (Works on other ratio, but with black bands)
  • Full 4K asset. (Any resolution must work, 4K assets)
  • Totally responsive. No resolution deformation on text size or placement.
  • Because of the white/black background, some ClearLogo comes with the theme.
  • Gamepad connection indicator & battery level.

# RECOMMENDATION ?
Any design choice gives limitations. Here are some recommendations for this theme :

• LaunchBox/BigBox up to date.
  • VLC highly recommended.
  • Design for work with COLORFUL platform video set. (but you can use any video you what)
  • Beware of full white/black ClearLogo. They will be invisible on Light/Dark views!
  • I didnt test this theme on a lowend configuration. There may be slowdown. (Curious to have your feedback on this subject!)

# COOL, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
2 ways

1.  In Windows : Right here, with the download button. Extract the "Colorful" folder and place it in your "LaunchBox/Themes" directory.   (dont rename it!)
  2.  In BigBox : Option > Theme manager > Found "COLORFUL - Light" or "COLORFUL - Dark"

# HOW TO EDIT ?
You can now edit this theme within the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, using the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files below (current version from the CTC 2.3):

# SPECIAL THANKS !

# CREDITS !

# BY FILE, EVERY CUSTOM VIEW SUMMARY  (Here in LIGHT. Same principle/animation for DARK)

• PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel1FiltersView.thumb.gif.c5efedc6b7a6e4bd4962a12beeee0aec.gif
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel2FiltersView.thumb.gif.c22bf2a1583f94b203079adde1f813e4.gif
  • WheelGamesView.xaml :
  •  474073990_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-WheelGamesView-2022-04-0713_15_51.thumb.jpg.43f1b19a91943b09dd8d76b8d0947516.jpg
  • Wheel2GamesView.xaml :
  • 634414446_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-Wheel2GamesView-2022-04-0713_16_13.thumb.jpg.7bfa1eeb24d854f4d380e139c60f5a1e.jpg
  • TextGamesView.xaml :
  • 555591633_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-TextGamesView-2022-04-0713_17_17.thumb.jpg.cf0e7cbf54f36b556cd4aba64dae5171.jpg

What's New in Version 2.03   See changelog

Released

• Fix animations in certain views when backing out of the Game Details menu.
  • Potentially other small fixes here and there.
  • Like 56
  • Thanks 12
  • Game On 5
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

AngryEeyore,

Make sure you have clearlogos for them in \LaunchBox\Images\Platforms then go to BigBox, to its options (not theme options), to "Image Cache" and Refresh Platform Wheel Images

Fan-freaking-tastic! 🤩 Only problem is that I'm on Android... any chance we can get an Android-specific build?!? 🙏👏

Thanks for your sharing,I have a question, in the fullscreen mode,could I use 3D BOXES cover instead of 2D BOXES cover to show the detai while I'm selecting the game?

image.thumb.png.34854be0ad39f05e13de5f25c714ad1c.png

This is beautiful and I love it. Any idea of when the start and end themes will begin to make the rounds? Would love to see the concepts for them!

I could be missing it, but is there a Super Nintendo USA image in the hardware set? The purple/grey colored console. There is a platform video for it but no image.

• Thanks 1

Is there any way to shift the starting position of the platform images in platformwheel2 before they scroll over in CTC?  I've enclosed an example, there's an unfortunate duplicate effect that could be fixed if the original images were shifted just a little bit to the left.  Here are some examples for reference.

Example.thumb.png.e795567bb59dbc345a86774de6e0f703.png1925243196_Example2.thumb.png.aadece8ec5463314930de4ab188f1cdc.png

On 8/30/2022 at 12:25 AM, PaulXMann said:

Fan-freaking-tastic! 🤩 Only problem is that I'm on Android... any chance we can get an Android-specific build?!? 🙏👏

Not at the moment. But I'm thinking of making a custom image set for the original "Platform Banner" theme. For GamesView, I recommend "Pure" by Faeran.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:27 AM, zoncat said:

Thanks for your sharing,I have a question, in the fullscreen mode,could I use 3D BOXES cover instead of 2D BOXES cover to show the detai while I'm selecting the game?

image.thumb.png.34854be0ad39f05e13de5f25c714ad1c.png

yes On the theme download page, you'll find the sources to modify the theme in the Community Theme Creator.

On 10/4/2022 at 5:37 AM, ScholarFaust said:

This is beautiful and I love it. Any idea of when the start and end themes will begin to make the rounds? Would love to see the concepts for them!

I am currently working on the v.3 mockups  =)
I will also integrate the start and pause theme.

On 10/19/2022 at 9:18 PM, klyph said:

I could be missing it, but is there a Super Nintendo USA image in the hardware set? The purple/grey colored console. There is a platform video for it but no image.

Yes, an oversight. I will add it for the next update

On 10/21/2022 at 12:20 AM, mrbrightside80 said:

Is there any chance for this theme to update with support for video marquee files? I tried to add them but they do not display. Images work fine.

OK, I'll think about it =)

On 11/3/2022 at 4:37 AM, AncientCarthage said:

Is there any way to shift the starting position of the platform images in platformwheel2 before they scroll over in CTC?  I've enclosed an example, there's an unfortunate duplicate effect that could be fixed if the original images were shifted just a little bit to the left.  Here are some examples for reference.

Example.thumb.png.e795567bb59dbc345a86774de6e0f703.png1925243196_Example2.thumb.png.aadece8ec5463314930de4ab188f1cdc.png

It will be difficult. On the theme download page, you'll find the sources to modify the theme in the Community Theme Creator. In the next version, I'll try to simplify everything, with the same DNA.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:05 PM, Scarletic said:

Will be great to see Commodore PET, Enterprise 128 and SAM Coupé!

OK!

• Like 1

Hey All, can someone help me out with the 3DO it is the only console that does this its set correctly in the color conditioning but it's still showing up blue image.thumb.png.fbeb2f787b0b62d37131b5ae257030a7.png

Has anyone else noticed the image for pokemon mini is non existent in the theme? Or is that just on my end? I'm unable to even find the image file for it in any of the archives for light or dark versions, and it's not even in the resources archive either. But there is a platform video for it. Was this intentional or am I missing something?

what a gorgeous theme, looks so slick and professional

Please add a Wall View for the games, I cannot live without it!

In any case, this looks fit to be on a Nintendo/Sony console, awesome work

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tkropp17 said:

Love this theme! Is there a US version of the Dreamcast startup screen for the platform video available?

I don't know about different startup screen. Can you brief me ?

Sure thing! There are two boot screens, NTSC and PAL. The PAL version is the one in your theme, which is blue. In the US we had the NTSC version.

NTSC

PAL

• Thanks 2

Hello, first of all thank you very much for this theme. Like many of us, I consider it the best theme out there.

If possible, I would like to make a request, will it be possible to incorporate the battery and clock indicator that was added in the last Bigbox update?

On 8/28/2023 at 11:25 PM, agamboag said:

Hello, first of all thank you very much for this theme. Like many of us, I consider it the best theme out there.

If possible, I would like to make a request, will it be possible to incorporate the battery and clock indicator that was added in the last Bigbox update?

Yes, In next major update.

17 hours ago, Kefka2b said:

Please keep updating this amazing theme🫠, would love to see the start and pause themes someday 🤩

We do our best. Next version will be a complete overhaul!
Thks for your patience! =)

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, viking said:

Yes, In next major update.

We do our best. Next version will be a complete overhaul!
Thks for your patience! 😃

Can't wait to see it, thanks a lot🙏🙏🙏

Hey, big fan of the theme. I have two questions if anyone knows:

1. Is there a way to display the games list of each console in a grid view for this theme? I was thinking of a left panel with 3 or so columns of game covers and a right panel with the selected game's screenshots and details.

2. Is there a way to remove right panel animation when selecting a game on the games list view? It would improve experience for me if i was able to scroll the list of games and for each selected game I would immediately see the details. Right now, I have to wait 1-2 seconds for each geme before I can view screenshot and details which adds up to a lot of time when going over a big list trying to find something to play.

Tried customizing in options but wasn't able to find a solution yet. Thank you for reading.

This is a very good theme but the color system is a very bad choice and inconvenient. I updated my platform video for the SNES and it took me 45 minutes nailing "almost" the right color.

North American SNES color hex : #7768aa

Hope to see an update to fix this.

Found the one for Mattel Intellivision which is broken in the theme at the moment.

#e67f16

Edited by Light Sock

Yes, you're right.
Especially as the video player's interpretation of colors can change.

The next major theme update will be a total revamp. 
There will be no more color overlays betwin image and video. So, hue variation will no longer be a major problem.

Color management will also be much simpler. If everything works as we want it to, it will be a simple text edit file.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1