LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

New beta is out with granular controls for image priorities, as well as the ability to easily switch between boxes, 3D boxes, carts, 3D carts, and screenshots in the main LaunchBox view. This was quite an involved series of changes again, of course. Been a really productive day though, starting with the live development stream from this morning. Really glad to be back at it again. As always, please test as much as you can and let me know what you might run into. I'm gonna go through and catch myself up on this thread now. :)

emko said Yes you fixed the back out of options screen only bug left is that there is no navigational sounds in the option screen other then that its working fine. Just completed a game using bigbox and i just noticed there is no way to mark a game completed in bigbox could this be something you could add please, works very well with favorites/broken just missing this one option. Thanks
Thanks @emko, I'll take a look at the nav sounds thing. Can you add a ticket to Bitbucket for the game completed stuff? Thanks!

shinra358 said Is there a control for not having the wheel loop? If you have only 3 systems or games, you will see duplicate systems/games on screen in the wheel. I would like to make it so that doesnt happen. When you get to the end of the wheel, it stops until you go back up and vice versa if you are going down. Edit: found another bug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAfNOWLSrU4 Also, I want to be able to control how many games I see about the highlighted item and how many items I see below the highlighted item on the wheel.
Thanks @shinra358. The wheel always loops for the moment; it will be some significant work to add that as an option so a ticket in Bitbucket would be good for that. I did add some additional wheel customization options recently in a previous beta; take a look at the XAML for the Default views and let me know if that helps. Per the error, the video seems to be private so I can't see it currently. Thanks!

Drybonz said Would a theme make it possible to make BigBox usable in vertical orientation, or is that going to take additional changes in the program? I mean, it's possible to use it in veritical, but you can't read anything, the layout is bad, etc... Just curious.
Yes, it's entirely possible as-is right now to build a great vertical theme. I haven't tackled that yet but the community should be able to do a great job with this. I know someone was in the process of doing this already in the themes thread. @Lmagnus87, I assume you built that screenshot in Photoshop or similar? There are a number of visual XAML editing tools available, but I will be doing some research here soon to try and find the best one and come up with a recommended solution. :)

Yay, you're back. I can't finish my theme until the following: -Ability to give a delay for video through xaml (if the current delay is intentional, nevermind). -Ability for videos to completely disappear when game is changed. Currently, the previous vid stays on until the new game is highlighted. I want it so that as soon as up or down is pressed, the video transition fades to not seen (disappears) {very important to my theme!!!}. In other words, remove video/music immediately when up or down is pressed. -ability to use steam banners instead of clear logos (preferably through xaml because I want to use clear logos in some places but not others. -toggle visibility of details, notes, etc with a controller button in the details view from the wheel view. -console images to slide-in like hyperspin in platform view -for bigbox to use it's own resolution instead of using the desktops. it's too hard to have bigbox stay the same when at a higher or lower rez. I'm modifying on 1080p but if I change my desktop rez, some items are bigger or smaller. Preferably the first 3 for now. ps: fixed vid being private.

knewlife Glad you got that font issue resolved. Really strange but it does appear that it must have somehow gotten corrupted on your machine. Pretty weird. @emko It's possible for two identical images to be downloaded if the same image is located both on EmuMovies and on the LaunchBox Games Database. I may add a solution for this in the future; could use a Bitbucket ticket for it. @shinra358, per help with that XAML, it really helps to use Visual Studio for that if you can download it. Then you actually work on the grids visually. @Zombeaver Thanks for reporting those controller automation issues; I'll take a look at them soon. @SentaiBrad and @DOS76 I'll see what I can do about those exceptions. @Drybonz I hope nothing broke more than it was supposed to. ;) What happened exactly? Thanks all. :)

Jason Carr said knewlife Glad you got that font issue resolved. Really strange but it does appear that it must have somehow gotten corrupted on your machine. Pretty weird. @emko It's possible for two identical images to be downloaded if the same image is located both on EmuMovies and on the LaunchBox Games Database. I may add a solution for this in the future; could use a Bitbucket ticket for it. @shinra358, per help with that XAML, it really helps to use Visual Studio for that if you can download it. Then you actually work on the grids visually. @Zombeaver Thanks for reporting those controller automation issues; I'll take a look at them soon. @SentaiBrad and @DOS76 I'll see what I can do about those exceptions. @Drybonz I hope nothing broke more than it was supposed to. ;) What happened exactly? Thanks all. :)
Its not that, for some reason fanart-background same image gets downloaded twice from emumovies in launchbox i tested emumovies sync app and i get only one image with it, at first i thought it was because maybe it was downloaded from launchbox database but i checked launchbox does not even have a background image for this game i was testing with. some more info this does not happen when you do a EDIT on a game but only with Download metadata and images Wizard, edit a game and download images works correct maybe this helps you find the problem?

Thanks @shinra358, some of those requests are unfortunately a lot of work, but I'll see what I can get going here soon. It may be a bit before I can get all that implemented though. @emko, is it just because LaunchBox doesn't know that the image already exists, so it downloads it again from EmuMovies?

i don't know but its downloading it two times so i end up with 2 fanart-background images that are exactly the same file. you can test this add arcade game Air Gallet to your launchbox http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/18904 you see DB as no fanart-background image edit the game and download your images from emu movies you will get 1 fanart-background image, delete this image now try using the Download metadata and images wizard this will download 2 exact same images Air Gallet-01.png Air Gallet-02.png i dont know why the wizard does this because there is only 1 fanart-background image on emumovies

I'm liking the new image types feature.W ill there be more options to choose from in the future. I did my Sega Model 2 platform in clear logos awhile ago by putting them all in the front folder and they looked great I would like to see the logos added to the image types options.

Jason Carr said @Drybonz I hope nothing broke more than it was supposed to. ;) What happened exactly?
Hey Jason, I had multiple platforms that were missing pictures, and I believe it was because I had renamed those platforms. When the image folder shuffle hit, those platforms never got back to normal, so I just had to manually move things around. I got it all straightened out last night. As far as the vertical theme, I'm hoping someone does come up with one. I find myself with at least one monitor in vertical orientation most of the time, these days. I tried one of the user themes last night and it didn't seem to work. I'll take another look at it later.

Drybonz said
Jason Carr said @Drybonz I hope nothing broke more than it was supposed to. ;) What happened exactly?
Hey Jason, I had multiple platforms that were missing pictures, and I believe it was because I had renamed those platforms. When the image folder shuffle hit, those platforms never got back to normal, so I just had to manually move things around. I got it all straightened out last night. As far as the vertical theme, I'm hoping someone does come up with one. I find myself with at least one monitor in vertical orientation most of the time, these days. I tried one of the user themes last night and it didn't seem to work. I'll take another look at it later.
The vertical theme the user is working on: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/collections/bigbox-user-create-theme-mega-thread-share-your-custom-made-themes/page-3#p20332 Switching themes does seem to be broken.

Noticed that my box art is missing for systems with wide boxes (Snes, N64) when trying to use the the "Vertical Clear Logo" view in BigBox. Made a video of it. Issue is shown at 14 second mark and then shows it working in other views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcVwbeC2mc4& If anyone knows a fix please let me know.