LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Changed lenguage to English. Same error I think:
System.ArgumentException: La fuente 'Calibri' no es compatible con el estilo 'Bold'. en System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont() en System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont) en System.Drawing.Font..ctor(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style) en (String , String , Int32 , Int32 , String ) en BigBox.App.CreateThumbnail(String sourcePath, String thumbnailPath, Int32 maxHeight, Int32 maxWidth, String caption) en () en BigBox.Controls.CoverFlow.ThumbnailManager.ThumbnailGeneration() en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Yep that's the same error, thank you for checking that first. Before you make any changes to your LaunchBox XML make the back up first, I don't know whats going to happen. If this fails, there are exe's from previous LaunchBox updates in the update folder. Sort them by date and try them until you get back to LB 6.3 (they're also not named right). You can install this right on top of your current LaunchBox install and all your settings and games will remain intact. Your images may be screwed up since you made the transition to the Beta, but if you have a backup of your image folder just replace the updated one with the backup and restart LB.

SentaiBrad said Yep that's the same error, thank you for checking that first. Before you make any changes to your LaunchBox XML make the back up first, I don't know whats going to happen. If this fails, there are exe's from previous LaunchBox updates in the update folder. Sort them by date and try them until you get back to LB 6.3 (they're also not named right). You can install this right on top of your current LaunchBox install and all your settings and games will remain intact. Your images may be screwed up since you made the transition to the Beta, but if you have a backup of your image folder just replace the updated one with the backup and restart LB.
I installed calibri from here http://www.myfontfree.com/calibri-myfontfreecom126f34021.htm and it works... I seems I have the wrong calibri ??? :( I check fonts on control pannel and calibri bold was there but aparently don't work. Now with the recent installed font all is working ;)

How does the image grabing system work? for example i have MAME game Air Gallet selected then i go to download metadata and images wizard On the Would you like to downloads images for your games page Is this combining emu movies with launchbox db? If i select Fanart - Background then on the next page Emumovies i select Background i end up with 2 exact same fanart images and i checked the launchbox DB we have no fanart for this game so is the first page a combination of both emumovie and launchbox and its just downloading 2 exact same files twice? Thanks Edit: NVM its not combined but for some reason EMUmovies downloads two same images for backgrounds any way to see whats on emumovies database? maybe this is a bug with Launchbox just tested out emumovies sync app and it only downloads one background

SentaiBrad said My guess would be yes, but we might need to make some changes our selves for the vertical orientation.
I would really like to see even a most basic vertical theme... as of right now BigBox is not practical for a vertical screen.

emko said How does the image grabing system work? for example i have MAME game Air Gallet selected then i go to download metadata and images wizard On the Would you like to downloads images for your games page Is this combining emu movies with launchbox db? If i select Fanart - Background then on the next page Emumovies i select Background i end up with 2 exact same fanart images and i checked the launchbox DB we have no fanart for this game so is the first page a combination of both emumovie and launchbox and its just downloading 2 exact same files twice? Thanks Edit: NVM its not combined but for some reason EMUmovies downloads two same images for backgrounds any way to see whats on emumovies database? maybe this is a bug with Launchbox just tested out emumovies sync app and it only downloads one background
We are gonna update what we grab from the EmuMovies API as Circo, the admin on EmuMovies, was giving us feedback for the API so we're gonna implement a few changes. You can go to their site and see what they have or use the sync app like you found out already. :P

Can anyone help me make my rows and columns on the left look like this?: http://s6.postimg.org/6jyou3vy5/Untitled_1.jpg The colors indicate the different rows and columns on the left. I'm not concerned with what's on the right. Can I get assistance from one or more user? It's too hard to follow when I don't have visual lines to look at. Wheelgamesview.xaml:
Spoiler
<UserControl xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006" xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008" xmlns:transitions="clr-namespace:BigBox.Transitions;assembly=BigBox" xmlns:coverFlow="clr-namespace:BigBox.Controls.CoverFlow;assembly=BigBox" xmlns:i="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/2010/interactivity" xmlns:cal="http://www.caliburnproject.org" mc:Ignorable="d" d:DesignHeight="562" d:DesignWidth="1000" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Style="{StaticResource UserControlStyle}"> <Canvas Name="Canvas"> <transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" /> <Grid Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}"> <Grid.Background> <SolidColorBrush Color="Black" Opacity="{Binding BackgroundFade}" /> </Grid.Background> <Grid.ColumnDefinitions> <ColumnDefinition Width="100*" /> <ColumnDefinition Width="48*" /> <ColumnDefinition Width="71*" /> <ColumnDefinition Width="3*" /> </Grid.ColumnDefinitions> <coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="-50,195,0,0" Grid.Column="0" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="ClearLogo" CurveAmount="0.0" CameraZPosition="3.1" VisibleCount="4" PageSize="4" /> <Image Name="Logo" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="Auto" Margin="210,30,260,260" Grid.Column="0" Visibility="{Binding LogoVisibility}" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" /> <Grid Grid.Column="1"> <Grid.ColumnDefinitions> <ColumnDefinition Width="4*" /> <ColumnDefinition Width="0*" /> </Grid.ColumnDefinitions> <Grid Grid.Column="1"> <Grid.ColumnDefinitions> <ColumnDefinition Width="44*" /> <ColumnDefinition Width="5*" /> <ColumnDefinition Width="0*" /> </Grid.ColumnDefinitions> <Grid Grid.Column="0"> <Grid.RowDefinitions> <RowDefinition Height="4.2*" /> <RowDefinition Height="59.3*" /> <RowDefinition Height="5.4*" /> <RowDefinition Height="45.3*" /> <RowDefinition Height="4.2*" /> </Grid.RowDefinitions> <transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageView}" /> <transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="3" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" /> </Grid> <transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="2" TransitionSelector="{Binding GameDetailsTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding GameDetailsView}" /> </Grid> </Grid> </Grid> <ListBox Name="Index" Style="{StaticResource HorizontalListBoxStyle}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" Visibility="{Binding IndexVisibility}"> <i:Interaction.Triggers> <i:EventTrigger EventName="MouseDoubleClick"> <cal:ActionMessage MethodName="OnEnter" /> </i:EventTrigger> </i:Interaction.Triggers> </ListBox> </Canvas> </UserControl>
The reason I'm asking is because it doesn't keep the same size on resolution change.

So I've been experimenting with using Controller Automation. In the past I've always used Xpadder so I haven't really messed with it until now. Xpadder doesn't work via Steam Link unless you're using an optional feature called "VirtualHere", however, and that has its own set of problems. It occurred to me that Controller Automation might allow me to do the same thing I've been doing with Xpadder but actually work via Steam Link without the need to use VirtualHere. I'm very happy to report that it works through it just fine! I have, however, run into a couple of issues that I'm hoping can be resolved. One is that with certain emulators, the "close the active window" function closes both the emulator and Launchbox. This particular issue only affects Launchbox - the function works normally through Big Box. This issue was reported previously here and was supposedly patched, but I'm still encountering it on a couple specific emulators: PCSX2, Sega Model 2, and PPSSPP. The other issue is that with two specific emulators - CCS64 and MAMEUI - the "close the active window" function doesn't seem to do anything at all. I've tried multiple games and multiple controllers and it just won't close the emulator. I appreciate any assistance! Thanks!

Zombeavber, 3 dollars and you may want to get controller companion on steam. I use my controller as a mouse and a gamepad and its got custom bindings, virtual keyboard etc. I dumped all of the old hat apps a while back and never looked back. I mapped my xbox one guide button to my retroarch menu and holding the select/back and hitting the same button launches bigbox. For non retroarch emulators, i hold the same select/back button and just hit start instead. You can really do whatever you want with it though.

Zeromod said Zombeavber, 3 dollars and you may want to get controller companion on steam. I use my controller as a mouse and a gamepad and its got custom bindings, virtual keyboard etc. I dumped all of the old hat apps a while back and never looked back. I mapped my xbox one guide button to my retroarch menu and holding the select/back and hitting the same button launches bigbox. For non retroarch emulators, i hold the same select/back button and just hit start instead. You can really do whatever you want with it though.
InputMapper for the PS4 controllers does this really well too. You can use the track pad on it as a mouse and assign keyboard and mouse functions when needed. It has profiles too, but I am unsure about automatic profile switching.

Honestly, if I were to use an external app, I'd just continue to use Xpadder. It has mouse emulation, custom binding, etc. too. Based on what I've read, Controller Companion doesn't work via Steam Link either so it wouldn't address my underlying issue anyway. If there are bugs with Controller Automation, I think it's in everyone's best interest if they're just fixed. Even in its current state it's already a step up from Xpadder for my needs. I appreciate the suggestion though! EDIT: I went ahead and put in a Bitbucket bug ticket for this.

Excuse me if this has been posted and I missed it from another user: Can someone confirm this for me? Clear your BigBox caches and sit at the wheel view for systems. Every few min are you getting this error? System.OverflowException: Overflow error. at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status) at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height) at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Rectangle rect) at (String , String , Int32 , Int32 , String ) at BigBox.App.CreateThumbnail(String sourcePath, String thumbnailPath, Int32 maxHeight, Int32 maxWidth, String caption) at (Game , String , Int32 , Int32 ) at BigBox.App.CreateThumbnail(Game game, String cacheFilePath, Int32 maxHeight, Int32 maxWidth) at (c__DisplayClass14_0 ) at BigBox.ViewModels.ThumbnailGameViewModel.c__DisplayClass14_0.b__0() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() This repeats no matter what. I was created a small image gap-less set up for Demo video's and I can't proceed now. Obviously this needs to get fixed up from Jason, but I wanna know if anyone can replicate this. I copied over my daily / tutorial install without anything but LaunchBox and the required files for it to work. Deleted systems that I didn't want for this install and only copied over the images and video folders I needed for the systems I kept. Had to edit the image and video paths in the XML because they got wrong (and it was relative pathing). Got it Gap-less, opened up BigBox for the video and that error repeats now when its trying to cache. I am wondering if it's a bug because I had to change the image path values... I have no clue. Fisty couldn't re-produce it though.

This is only a one time occurrence so far but this is the latest crash I got from LB System.InvalidOperationException: Object is currently in use elsewhere. at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status) at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawRectangle(Pen pen, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height) at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawRectangle(Pen pen, Rectangle rect) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlPaint.DrawFocusRectangle(Graphics graphics, Rectangle rectangle, Color foreColor, Color backColor) at (GameGui , Graphics , Int32 , Boolean ) at LaunchBox.Drawing.GameGui.Paint(Graphics g, Int32 yOffset, Boolean controlFocused) at (ImageGamesControl , PaintEventArgs ) at LaunchBox.Controls.ImageGamesControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Zombeaver, just offering workarounds. I will say this though, I'm curious as to why it would not work in SteamLink. It's just streaming to a different machine right? After really reading your post, I'm curious to try and duplicate the issue (sans Steam Link) what are your automation settings and what controller are you utilizing? I'm only in Launchbox when adding games etc. But I do utilize pcsx2, so I can see if I get any weird behavior. The only emulator to ever give me escape issues was the atari jaguar emulator as escape just pauses the system. Edit: So automation works fine in big box for me as well. I can say this, I never knew you could use controllers in launchbox and controller companion is a pain when launchbox desktop mode is trying to make it's own cursor as well. With that being said, automation didn't work at all for me in desktop mode. But my controller companion worked when I enabled it. Is there a separate setting somewhere for automation in desktop mode or should it carry over from big box? Edit2: Ok, found the option. It was a bit of a pain because it seemed to know it was already bound via big box perhaps? However, I mapped the hold and exit to my thumbsticks on my xbox one controller wireless and all of my ps2 games exited without closing launchbox with them. As for the emulators that aren't closing at all, I'll have to check them out. I'm using a standard Mame build so if you have a link for the version you are using, that would be helpful. Curious, is that a special UI version and why would you need that if launching from Launchbox? Edit3: Just read the old thread. So for one, my suggestion to use AHK wasn't that far fetched as it seems that this is what Jason is using for automation. Not sure if that script is encrypted in some way or if it can be viewed and adjusted. But you shouldnt really need to anyway. Did you ever try a reinstall etc. after that patch came out and you realized you were still having issues? Wonder if maybe there is just a issue with the ahk script not being updated properly or something to that effect.

Controller Automation does have to be enabled separately between Launchbox and Big Box. The reason Xpadder doesn't work via Steam Link has to do with the way Steam's In Home Streaming service works, which basically hooks into a single application. This is normally fine but it also means the inputs don't register with external applications that run in the background - Xpadder, Controller Companion etc. The reason it works in the case of Big Box is because that's the application I'm launching/communicating with/streaming from over the Link (as a "non-Steam application"). You can get the controller to work normally (and communicate with external applications) if you use something called VirtualHere, which basically tricks your PC into thinking a device is literally connected via USB to your PC despite being connected over a network, but VirtualHere has its own set of problems - namely that it consumes an unsatisfactory (for me) amount of bandwidth/bitrate and it hampers the experience. Were I not using wifi to stream to the Link, it probably would be fine, but I am so VirtualHere isn't an option for me and, as result, neither are external controller mapping applications. Trust me, I've tested Xpadder (and the like) in conjunction with the Steam Link (and Steam In Home Streaming in general) quite extensively. I literally bought my Steam Link for the purposes of emulation streaming; the fact that it allows me to play "normal" games is basically a (mostly unused) bonus for me. Before I bought it, I spent about two weeks messing around with emulation via In Home Streaming, testing what would and wouldn't work. Nearly everything is usable, but there's often an extra step or two to actually get things working. VirtualHere is the extra step in this case, and it's just not in a satisfactory state currently for that to be an option; not via wifi anyway.

Had not opened Launchbox for a few days... just opened it to find that my game art is completely wrecked. Is this related to the recent changes in the folder structure? Has there been a thread about how to fix it... if not, how do I fix it? *edit* I figured it out... had to move some stuff between folders.