LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Thanks all. Just put out a new beta that fixes lots of things. The videos should start back up now after returning from a game even if the loading message disabled. The previous beta also had lots of issues with the background videos not stopping (when playing a game for instance); that has all been fixed. Here is my remaining to-do list before putting out the official release: - Update languages (including fixing the issues with the German translation) - Fix VLC videos not showing up at first launch - Fix CoverFlow transparency issues I may or may not be able to fix the latter two issues before the final release, depending on how difficult they prove to be. The languages and language fixes are currently the top priority. :)

Another new beta is out. I spent all day working on the transparency problems with the CoverFlow and the wheel. WPF has a major issue with transparent 3D objects, which was ultimately causing the issue. The solution was to position the elements in the exact correct painting order (big pain in the rear but it's working now). The Spanish translation has also been updated in this beta, thanks to @CliveBarker. We'll call this our first release candidate. I've decided to delay releasing the German translation for this release. I may or may not fix the VLC video on first launch thing yet. :)

I can confirm that the videos restarting are working great also with RL without have the loading option enabled. Also with the newest beta everything in BigBox feels snappier and smoother also. Great job Jason..your dedication to making this frontend the best is unmatched!Smile

Jason Carr said Hi guys, unfortunately I think we're going to have to wait until after the 6.3 release to tackle these Rocket Launcher issues.
I recently started getting MAME .ini error messages when launching MAME games. It doesn't happen when I just use MAME, only when launching with RocketLauncher. At first, I assumed it was a RL problem, but could this be related to the RL plugin in LaunchBox? If so, is it possible, Jason, to completely remove or disable the plugin until you have time to work on it?

Drybonz said
Jason Carr said Hi guys, unfortunately I think we're going to have to wait until after the 6.3 release to tackle these Rocket Launcher issues.
I recently started getting MAME .ini error messages when launching MAME games. It doesn't happen when I just use MAME, only when launching with RocketLauncher. At first, I assumed it was a RL problem, but could this be related to the RL plugin in LaunchBox? If so, is it possible, Jason, to completely remove or disable the plugin until you have time to work on it?
The plugin comes with rocketlauncher so you would have to disable it within rocketlauncher. I have not seen any issues with mame ini while using the plugin as of yet and I have been playing several mame games lately. What kind of ini issues are you having and have you set the path to your ini file in the mame module settings in rocketlauncher?

kmoney2315 said I have not seen any issues with mame ini while using the plugin as of yet and I have been playing several mame games lately. What kind of ini issues are you having and have you set the path to your ini file in the mame module settings in rocketlauncher?
This is the error. Never used to happen. If I launch directly from MAME it doesn't happen. 20160708230002.jpg

Drybonz said
kmoney2315 said I have not seen any issues with mame ini while using the plugin as of yet and I have been playing several mame games lately. What kind of ini issues are you having and have you set the path to your ini file in the mame module settings in rocketlauncher?
This is the error. Never used to happen. If I launch directly from MAME it doesn't happen. 20160708230002.jpg
Hmmmm....very strange, I have yet to see that.I would try posting this issue over on the RL forums and someone will probaly be able to help you out.

kmoney2315 said Hmmmm....very strange, I have yet to see that.I would try posting this issue over on the RL forums and someone will probaly be able to help you out.
I posted about it a few days ago, they said it was caused by MAME... when I told them it didn't happen if I launched MAME without RL, they ignored me completely. Anyway... how would I remove the plugin? I suspect this is causing it somehow and want to rule it out.

bundangdon said With the latest beta, the 'coverflow' view is much better now, being smoother with even the 3d boxes looking more accurate than before Laugh However, I've noticed one small but very obvious problem. In 'coverflow' view, when you select and play a game, and then return to the games menu, it always brings you back to the beginning of the list. However, it doesn't do this with the other selectable views, which bring you back to the original game which was selected. (not the beginning of the list) I wasn't sure if this was ever mentioned or noticed before, but when you have a very large collection of games, it can be rather annoying to have to start from the beginning of the list again when you return to the games menu.
Thanks @bundangdon, I'll see if this is an easy fix before the official release on Monday. :)

Drybonz said
kmoney2315 said Hmmmm....very strange, I have yet to see that.I would try posting this issue over on the RL forums and someone will probaly be able to help you out.
I posted about it a few days ago, they said it was caused by MAME... when I told them it didn't happen if I launched MAME without RL, they ignored me completely. Anyway... how would I remove the plugin? I suspect this is causing it somehow and want to rule it out.
Unfortunately I think this is still probably a RL issue; I honestly have no idea how to solve it or where that error is coming from. Hopefully someone else in the community who has more experience with RL can chime in and help you out.

Drybonz said If I set my arcade platforms to "scrape as" Arcade, I get no results when trying to download images from the database. I also tried scrape as Mame. Still no results.
I have this on my list to look into. It seems like I broke imports for non-MAME arcade systems when I implemented all the new stuff for MAME. I'll look into this before the official release as well to see if it's an easy fix or if it's gonna take significant work.

Jason Carr said Unfortunately I think this is still probably a RL issue; I honestly have no idea how to solve it or where that error is coming from. Hopefully someone else in the community who has more experience with RL can chime in and help you out.
That's ok... it was working fine before the plug-in business started, so I just want to disable/remove the plug-in so I can see if that will fix it. If someone can tell me how that works, I appreciate it.

Jason Carr said I have this on my list to look into. It seems like I broke imports for non-MAME arcade systems when I implemented all the new stuff for MAME. I'll look into this before the official release as well to see if it's an easy fix or if it's gonna take significant work.
Just to clarify... this is my MAME "Arcade" platform that I have broken into two platforms called "Arcade - Vertical" and "Arcade - Horizontal". I do this because Launchbox doesn't offer two levels of sorting. If I have them named this way, I can separate my vertical and horizontal orientation games and still sort them further to find what I want. So, this is my Arcade platform renamed... that I am trying to "scrape as" Arcade. I only mention this because you said "non-MAME", and I wanted to make sure I was communicating the problem properly. Thanks for looking into it, and I hope it's not a lot of extra work for you.

SentaiBrad said AS far as I read in this thread was that you just need to disable it in the options? I don't know where or what, but that's what I remember reading. Is there a plugins menu?
The only plug-ins menu that I know of doesn't have anything in it about that plug-in at all. I'm probing around the vast menus and options now to see if I can find anything. *edit* I found the actual plug-in file in the RL folders and deleted it... this makes RL not launch at all through LB (which fixes the error pop-ups), but you, of course, lose all your RL benefits... this is even with the old RL parameters still set in LB. So, the plugin now needs to be there for RL to work at all, apparently, but with RL there are now errors.