LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

I do! I do! ;) @ALIE, yes should be safe to delete your images folders. They are automatically re-created as needed. We should definitely create a new post for custom themes, and perhaps even a new forum section. I'll be on that very soon. :)

Hi @kpop, as much as I'd love to be able to automatically use the existing themes from Hyperspin, sadly that wouldn't be possible without weeks and weeks of focused development, and nothing else would get done. So I'm not going to rule it out for the long term future, but unfortunately that isn't going to happen any time soon. It would be extremely difficult to translate the Hyperspin themes into a format that works well in Big Box. Truthfully, though, the XAML approach we have is ultimately much more powerful, and we'll be making it even more powerful once we add a proper plugin system and such. But unfortunately it does mean that new themes will have to be built. But I have no doubt that the community will come up with some awesome stuff very soon. :)

Jason Carr said Hi shinra, what views after you customized? Does it work with the keyboard?
Hello, I hadn't started modding yet when I noticed it. I put in my code to unlock, went in to options, chose something, pressed the cancel/backspace button on controller and it stays in options and never goes back out of it. Enter and mouse clicking BACK seems to work. Okay so on a fresh start do this and don't use kb and m. Only controller. You can't get back out of options with the controller until you use the kb or mouse to click on BACK first. After that, you can use the controller again to back out of options.

i update beta version new and i Cryhave this error System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto. en () en LaunchBox.Program.RenameImageFoldersFor63() en (String[] ) en LaunchBox.Program.Main(String[] args) and dont start launchbox... please help me

Hi @kpop, absolutely. You can actually probably already do that by tweaking the XAML, though I need to provide a control that lets you specify specific video paths (right now it's hardcoded to the game videos). But that's definitely a direction we want to go, yes. :)

I selected all my games in a platform so i can do Download Metadata and Images all i need is for it to grab the missing images shouldn't the option "Yes, but do not replace any existing feilds" do that? it says LaunchBox will update metadata, but only for empty fields. I tried that but it just started downloading all the images i already have

Because of the changes made, you'll most likely need to download a lot of images again because it's needing to put them in new locations. I backed up my image folder, removed it, and am essentially starting over. Especially for the size of my library, it's just easier.

it makes no sense why do many images named correct do not show up on launchbox yet when i redownload the same file it shows up? LEGO Harry Potter_ Years 5-7.jpg from before updateing to new folder location paths where Images\Nintendo Wii\Front\LEGO Harry Potter_ Years 5-7.jpg Images\Nintendo Wii\Box - Front/LEGO Harry Potter_ Years 5-7.jpg so i make launchbox grab the image from the database i get LEGO Harry Potter_ Years 5-7-01.jpg i delete it so i still have LEGO Harry Potter_ Years 5-7.jpg refresh images and its missing again what i have to do is delete the file and let launchbox download it but why? and why for random games only most worked correct. is launchbox storing image names in a local database or in the xml? and the image downloader does not understand i already have all the images, before this beta if i have the image the checkbox would be unchecked. it seems to only effect box - front, every other image type works fine at least i think they do.

BigBox going into options the navigation sounds stop playing and i can't back out of the options screen i keep trying until i get this error
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\emko\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.xml' because it is being used by another process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost) at (<>c__DisplayClass81_0 ) at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.<>c__DisplayClass81_0.<Save>b__0() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
the i checked the xml file is not open with anything and launchbox is closed. i tried again and get this error
System.Threading.ThreadStateException: Thread is running or terminated; it cannot restart. at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Threading.Thread.Start() at (DataManager , Boolean , String ) at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.Save(Boolean wait, String destinationPath) at BigBox.App.<>c.<BackgroundSave>b__21_0() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()