LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

wallmachine My apologies; I really was not referencing you in the above discussion, though I think some of the community might have interpreted it that way, so I apologize for that. I clarified up above that I wasn't referring to you after I sort of had an "oh crap" moment and realized that some people were interpreting it that way. So I do apologize for that. I will admit that I did get frustrated simply because I don't have any alternative solutions. And other than the Windows 7 thing, nothing really makes sense. At some point I do have to move on unfortunately in order to keep things productive. I really wish I had an alternate solution for you though.

for some reason i started getting performance issues with VLC and videos playing in the background, switched to WMP but WMP does not get effected by windows volume mixer i lower the volume of big box but it seems to only effect the navigation sounds with VLC it works correct. Can we have a option to control video/music volume ? Thanks

Jason Carr said ...other than the Windows 7 thing, nothing really makes sense.
For the record, I'm on W7 and have no major performance issues personally. The only "issue" I have is when BB first boots up there's an initial couple of seconds on each platform where it's caching the images, which I assume is unavoidable/normal; and it's literally about 2 seconds. Once they're cached everything's completely smooth. I have the image caching setting in LB set to 3GB. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 32 GB RAM i7 4770k GTX 780 Both LB and my roms are on an external USB 3.0 HDD.

I noticed a bug that creeps up every once in a while. Its not that big of a deal but sometimes in the clear logos with the platforms and game wheels a very light line will show up under the clear logo as shown in the pic under Atari 5200. All I got to do to make it dissappear is exit BB and restart BB it and the line will be gone. It doesnt happen to the same clear logos everytime as it is random. I am using the latest 6.2. Clear-Logo-Line.png

There was a similar report of this recently, but it had to do with Intel Integrated Graphics and the Anti Aliasing option being turned up to 16. Do you have some sort of system wide Anti Aliasing turned on in your Graphics Control Panel by any chance?

Jason Carr said Yes, @ALIE, there haven't been any major additions images-wise for the wheels as of yet. I noticed earlier this week that EmuMovies doesn't have any wheel art at all, so the only images that are available currently are coming from the LaunchBox Games Database. The best source for those images is clearly directly from the Hyperspin forums, though; so it's relatively easy to download a package of wheels for a particular system and then dump them in the Clear Logo folder for the platform. That said, very soon I would like to batch import these into the LaunchBox Games Database, so that is coming.
ah yea, my bad, thought the wheels were from the emumovies API. hypersync downloads from from hyperbase

SentaiBrad said There was a similar report of this recently, but it had to do with Intel Integrated Graphics and the Anti Aliasing option being turned up to 16. Do you have some sort of system wide Anti Aliasing turned on in your Graphics Control Panel by any chance?
I use a Nvidia mid end graphics card and my Anti Aliasing is application controlled.

kmoney2315 said
SentaiBrad said There was a similar report of this recently, but it had to do with Intel Integrated Graphics and the Anti Aliasing option being turned up to 16. Do you have some sort of system wide Anti Aliasing turned on in your Graphics Control Panel by any chance?
I use a Nvidia mid end graphics card and my Anti Aliasing is application controlled.
Have you tried replacing the image at all and does it come back?

DOS76 said Where did you get that Arcade Classics Logo any chance you could add an image of it here so I can grab a copy.
Sure I just posted it on the platform images thread. https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/new-launchbox-platform-image-collection-thread/page-6#p19068

SentaiBrad said
kmoney2315 said
Have you tried replacing the image at all and does it come back?
No I have not tried replacing any of the images and its totally random what image it may happen to. I can go for a few days and noy notice any lines and then one day it will just appear on a random platform or game clear logo. All my clear logos that I use are the ones I get from Hyperspin. Like I said its not that big of a deal and it might be a bug thats hard to track down since it is random. I just wanted to point it out to make Jason aware.

I'm actually still seeing this occasionally too. It's pretty rare but I do see it happen on all of my systems from time to time. I've also confirmed that it has nothing to do with the image, because the same image will sometimes show a line and other times not.

Jason Carr said Good news, everyone! Bleasby just posted a beta version of his new Rocket Launcher plugin for LaunchBox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a414r06qlymh1x/LaunchBox.plugin?dl=0 This is early so go easy on it. :)
Hi Jason, This link doesn't appear to be working. Is there an updated one?

Justified said here you go the LaunchBox.plugin Laugh
Thank you so much for posting it. I assume this is supposed to parse the data for the systems/games inside RocketLauncher UI however it doesn't appear to be doing anything. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

To be hones, I haven't tried yet, so I can't confirm how it works. Maybe other user can help further. @administrators, not sure if there is a thread exclusive for all the tools related to LB, BB and emulator config. but maybe a new forum section could be created for this use, so all tools and discussions could be easier to find and organized?