LaunchBox Community Forums

XAML Tips and Tricks

Ah sorry wrong quote.

It is used to check for whatever metadata by order of priorities.

For example, in the code above, it checks first for "Platform.Name", then if not found, it check for "KnownPlatformOrPlaylistTitle", etc ...

It is usefull when you have a system with playlists or subcategories for example

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm new to the forums, so sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask questions.

Is there any way to use a colored border to indicate the selected game in a BigBox WallView? I want to use a wallview in my theme, and I would much rather use a colored border for the selected game instead of adjusting the item's z-position, especially since the z-position adjustment seems to be relative to the center of the screen.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Curious about these pop up windows in BigBox. Are these some how hard coded into BigBox or are they themable too? I've built my theme with the Community Theme Builder and there is no way to edit these with that tool that I can tell. I've messed around with the Visual Studio program a bit to see if I can find these views to edit but I'm pretty lost.

I've also messed with scaling and different resolutions up to 4k and the look of these pop-up windows never seem to change with any of that.

As you can see from the image, these don't look so hot in a vertical theme.  If someone could point me in the right direction - OR - tell me not to waste my time, I'd be most appreciative.menus.thumb.png.141945c810b60e88d7af2a3870e02670.png

If you look at the documentation pdf located in the \Themes folder it tells you what all the views are. You should be able to then go into the default theme’s view folder and find that view file and copy into your theme and try and edit it. Not sure how much those menu items can be edited but that’s how you can try. 

Thanks. Yeah I see the views and get that. Just not sure where these pop ups play into any of those views. I'm guessing these are not themable at all. They all look pretty much the same in every theme I've seen them in. I don't really want to theme these pop-ups at all to be honest. I just wish there was a way they would scale properly on vertical oriented monitors.

I went through a few themes to see if any of the pop-ups were themed. Not a single one I looked at were themed, so I guess I've answered my own question and these are not themable at this point. You can see the Vertigo theme has the same issue on a vertical monitor. I know vertical is kind of niche. I really just wanted to know if there was a way to work around this or if we're just stuck with this for now. Thanks for the feedback.

If anyone knows of a theme where these pop-ups have been themed, I would love to know which theme it is so I can look at it to try to figure out how its done.

1525088687_bannerbox.thumb.png.a1c9bd9cc03fd0ed4ca5f6a797dc6f19.pngbanner box

1102160128_cityhunter2.thumb.png.54b12725e39fc484606c4f10cb1df263.pngcity hunter 2

104359527_noshonthis.thumb.png.cbc203022f78d66ae89a80ee71753bb6.pngnosh on this

pyramids.thumb.png.6a16b02fa5ff36836789c1dcd9a797f0.pngpyramids

vertigo.thumb.png.0601e69f4bf08afe195d0aa7fd7a83a5.pngVertigo

13 minutes ago, JaysArcade said:

Thanks. Yeah I see the views and get that. Just not sure where these pop ups play into any of those views. I'm guessing these are not themable at all. They all look pretty much the same in every theme I've seen them in. I don't really want to theme these pop-ups at all to be honest. I just wish there was a way they would scale properly on vertical oriented monitors.

I went through a few themes to see if any of the pop-ups were themed. Not a single one I looked at were themed, so I guess I've answered my own question and these are not themable at this point. You can see the Vertigo theme has the same issue on a vertical monitor. I know vertical is kind of niche. I really just wanted to know if there was a way to work around this or if we're just stuck with this for now. Thanks for the feedback.

If anyone knows of a theme where these pop-ups have been themed, I would love to know which theme it is so I can look at it to try to figure out how its done.

1525088687_bannerbox.thumb.png.a1c9bd9cc03fd0ed4ca5f6a797dc6f19.pngbanner box

1102160128_cityhunter2.thumb.png.54b12725e39fc484606c4f10cb1df263.pngcity hunter 2

104359527_noshonthis.thumb.png.cbc203022f78d66ae89a80ee71753bb6.pngnosh on this

pyramids.thumb.png.6a16b02fa5ff36836789c1dcd9a797f0.pngpyramids

vertigo.thumb.png.0601e69f4bf08afe195d0aa7fd7a83a5.pngVertigo

I believe @Jason Carr was thinking of theming pop-ups, but I’m not sure if these were the pop-ups he was talking about (was a while back) 

• Thanks 1

Correct, the star rating popup is unfortunately not themeable yet, though it would be fairly easy for us to enable it. That's probably the only really realistic solution (making it themeable). I have made some of the popups themeable recently, but I haven't gotten to all of them yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, RedSnake said:

Hi,

About point #01, I don't know. 

About point #02, you need code-behind (dll from c# code) for your converter

ConvertersPlugin.dll 4.5 kB · 5 downloads

ConvertersPlugin.zip 151.98 kB · 6 downloads

@RedSnake

I am trying to use this in a theme I am working on, however, the only 2 tools I am using are Notepad++ and Photoshop...lol.

Is it to much to ask, what folder I would need to drop the dll file in and what files I would need to edit and how to get it to work? I have tried it numerous ways, but it's a bit above my head. I can't get things to work correctly in VS, thats why I am just using Notepad++. Any help would be appreciated.

The dll must be placed in <your theme>\Plugins

The file you must edit is the xaml file corresponding to the view you want to change (in <your theme>\Views\xxx.xaml).

I have put a xaml example file for @Viking which works , and that describes all you have to do

Why would you need VS?

You only need it if you want to change the dll behavior, in which case it is mandatory to rebuild the dll via VS

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RedSnake said:

The dll must be placed in <your theme>\Plugins

The file you must edit is the xaml file corresponding to the view you want to change (in <your theme>\Views\xxx.xaml).

I have put a xaml example file for @Viking which works , and that describes all you have to do

Why would you need VS?

You only need it if you want to change the dll behavior, in which case it is mandatory to rebuild the dll via VS

Thanks RedSnake for getting back, I had it working in less than 2 minutes after your reply. I tinkered with this last night until 2am. I was close, but could never get it working. I kept trying to put the 2nd part of what you said to Viking (2 - Declare the converter static resource: <UserControl.Resources>) in the UserControlStyle.xaml. It never dawned on me to put it in the view file with the other 2 lines. 

Thanks for making this, it makes things so much cleaner.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I need some help. I'm a noob for editing xaml, but I want to modify a theme made with the community theme manager.

I already success to modify some things to my tastes, but I'm stuck on something.

On the theme (coinOps redux), there is the game title that appears on the bottom left, and I want to have the release year instead.

I success to have the release year, but but it does not go to the right place, while the settings are the same, and I can't place it to the right place.

Here is the screenshot for the game title, and the release date.

If someone can help me.

Thanks.

game title 01.jpg

game title.jpg

release date 01.jpg

release date.jpg

Edited by gaialily

Ok I think I'm not good enough on this. Should the text path be defined in this same xaml? Or in another?

And I don't know where to find the Prop_ReleaseDate1_X as well, sorry. Does the documentation talk about it ? ? If so I will read about this (but I'm french so I can't read all the documentation)

Thank you.