LaunchBox Community Forums

What's your favorite Game Franchise?

CadetStimpy

I have to say that it was REALLY hard to pick my winner over the Final Fantasy and Pokémon series. I've never stopped loving Pokémon since I was a little kid and put thousands of hours in the whole series and even tried to play the last games competitive. On the other hand is Final Fantasy 9 my favorite game of all-time and many other entries of the series are as well one of the best games I’ve ever played. But in the end I decided to choose Mass Effect. I just love the trilogy with all of my heart and have completed every game multiple times to 100%. The whole universe and especially the characters are just so well and fondly designed. Tali and Garrus are one of the best written video game characters I’ve ever saw and overall it’s the best sci-fi universe I know. Yes, each part has it's own flaws and at first it was kinda frustrating to see that part 3 didn't use all the potential it had but overall it’s my favorite video game series of all time.

There's no debate. The best series is still Bubsy. Lol jk To be honest, I'm a casual gamer that likes to play games about half an hour a day and has a lot of local multiplayer parties. I'm not the kind of guy that can have a Fallout or Elder Scrolls binge session. Here's my favs: Donkey Kong Country (including DK64) Super Mario Bros. Mortal Kombat Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Banjo-Kazooie (I actually kinda like Nuts N Bolts) Grand Theft Auto (I prefer the PS2 titles) All EA Sports games from 5-6 gen (Madden, NBA Live, NHL, NBA Street, NFL Street, Tiger Woods, SSX etc.) Crash Bandicoot (PS1 titles) Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart

• 2 months later...

So many for me.

Pitfall and Pitfall II when I was really young.

Final Fantasy 2 and 3 for the SNES and the Phantasy Star series in my teenage years.

Then as I got into the PC side of things the Quake series was huge for me

Grand Prix 2,3 and 4 for my sim racing and though it wasn't a franchise Grand Prix Legends has way too many hours of play time.