LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Thanks Jason! This is an awesome new feature. :)

I have the K-Lite Codec pack installed on my PC and have absolutely no problems with the Videos from Steam when I use the WMP engine. Everything works as expected.

But on the other hand I have a small issue when I use the VLC engine. On some videos I get a small green line at the bottom of the video. The line always appears at the same videos and as I said is everything fine when I play the affected videos with the WMP engine. I also have no issues when I play these videos with the normal VLC player program.

vlc.jpg

• Like 1

Found sort of one bug with the cover flow view.

All my systems work great while scrolling thru each coverflow image and scrolling thru with the Alphabetical list thingie... but for what ever reason my Gameboy Advanced wont work with that Alphabet search function thingie... but all my other systems are fine, is this just on my end or do other ppl have this issue on the Gameboy Advanced system as well?

• Like 1

The Steam video downloads seem to be working great for me after I downloaded the k-lite codec pack as was suggested earlier using wmp. Now I just need to figure out an easy method to edit most of the videos downloaded to remove the first 5 seconds or so of each video which has the ratings and etc. of the game as it kinda ruins the video experience for me as I want it to start showing gameplay right away instead of the ratings and etc.

Awesome job getting the Steam videos to download!:)

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Great to hear that the k-lite pack solves the WMP playback issues.

@Mute64 I remember one person reported once that for some reason the alpha search wasn't working for one of their platforms, but I was never able to replicate it. Can you send me your LaunchBox.xml file? jason@unbrokensoftware.com

@kmoney2315, let me know if you find a good solution for that; the ESRB intros drive me nuts too. Legally I'm not sure if we can automatically remove them in LaunchBox but it'd be great if there was a way to manually do it in batch after they download.

I'm so far behind I just had to update to and official and beta release back to back!!!   Arrrrrgh!

Just wanted to say, I'm not sure when this feature was added, but I really like the ability to set different image types for each platform.  Anything to customize by platform is great... thanks for the feature.

• Like 1

Tools > Import > Rom Files > Next > Add Files

The menu in my pic doesn't even look like the menu on your vid. I don't see the disc number section or the extension divider at all.  Also, ps1 games aren't supposed to be iso. They are supposed to be bin cue. The reason is, alot of games don't play the musics if you use an iso rather than a cue.

Edit:

Ah, I see. You HAVE to drag and drop the files. You can't do from the file menu of launchbox :(

Yeah so I dragged and dropped and now I see the extension and the disc section. And the disc section is empty. So 2 things need to be completed:

1. the .cue extension

2. Add it to the file menu process

Also, when you delete a game, it's background is still shown because the highlighter doesn't select the next game automatically.

Edited by shinra358

3 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Just wanted to say, I'm not sure when this feature was added, but I really like the ability to set different image types for each platform.  Anything to customize by platform is great... thanks for the feature.

So, as cool as I think this feature is... it doesn't seem to be working.  If I change the image type in one platform, it still changes them all.  Any extra steps I need to take to get this working?  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Ah, ok... yeah, I only use LaunchBox... BigBox just never worked out for me.  Any features that you can match in LaunchBox are appreciated.