LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@Jason Carr Sorry I did not get that error the first time around but I was able to reproduce it and it is as follows:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at (VlcPlayer , IntPtr , IntPtr )

at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.VideoDisplayCallback(IntPtr opaque, IntPtr picture)

• Like 1

Not all of the elements of the forum are working correctly right now if I click a notification that pops up or the last posted time of an unread post it give me a

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

Edit seems to be working now again

Edited by DOS76
Seems to be working now
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Weird, I've never seen that before Mute. That's really odd. Remind me what OS version you're running?

Thanks for those errors guys. Looks like we've got more work to do, sigh. I'll keep working at it and get them back to higankanshi as well.

Win10 anniversary edition, ill recreate it again to see when it happens, coz i think it happens after i launch a game thru rocket-launcher then exit out of the game... but ill try to recreate it first. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks @DOS76. You probably already know from the other thread but I ran an upgrade and botched some of the URL rewriting. It was my stupid but trust me...now I've learned. Let me know if anyone sees any additional issues with the forums.

@Mute64 That would make sense. Let me know if you figure anything out.

yup, lol its a weird bug.. but i do not think that it is much of an issue, i found out how to recreate it. If i launch a game via RL that launches RetroArch then i open up the RA's GUI and quit the game via RA then it bugs out LB, but then if i reopen the same game but use RL to quit the game it then fixes the issue lol.

Here is a short video of me quitting a game via RA/RL and the bug it does in LB when trying to right click to see the game details 

@Jason Carr I have noticed another possible bug. I have platform videos for all my platforms except the Steam platform and they all play great. I also have the randomize video option checked in BB since I do not have a platform video for the Steam platform,but I noticed the last 25 times or so I have started BB and scrolled to the Steam platform it always plays the same video every time even though I have over 55 videos in my Videos Steam folder and I have no video in my Videos Platform folder for Steam.

8 minutes ago, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr I have noticed another possible bug. I have platform videos for all my platforms except the Steam platform and they all play great. I also have the randomize video option checked in BB since I do not have a platform video for the Steam platform,but I noticed the last 25 times or so I have started BB and scrolled to the Steam platform it always plays the same video every time even though I have over 55 videos in my Videos Steam folder and I have no video in my Videos Platform folder for Steam.

I had something like this, sounds dumb but check under platforms/steam in LB and make sure video directory isn't pointed to a specific file but just the directory. My arcade did that. 

Edited by ThePolish
Clarification
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, ThePolish said:

I had something like this, sounds dumb but check under platforms/steam in LB and make sure video directory isn't pointed to a specific file but just the directory. My arcade did that. 

That is exactly what happened, that is really weird how I never pointed it to a specific file and it chose a random webm video when I imported the steam platform and played that same video every time. 

@Jason Carr  I had to manually type in Videos\Steam in the edit platform in LB under video path and save.  I then enter back into BB and scroll to the Steam platform to watch a video and then close out of BB and check my options in LB again under video path and it has saved whatever was the last steam random video was when I closed out of BB such as Videos\Steam\Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons.webm back into my video path. Is that how it is supposed to work, is to save the last video that was playing when you close out of BB under video path in the platform edit options?

@kmoney @ThePolish That is odd. I haven't yet been able to reproduce it changing the video path to a certain video. Let me know if you guys figure anything else out.

@ThePolish Lol, I'm loving your new DOOM guy gif.

@Mute64 Hmm, it seems like maybe some of RocketLauncher's interface hiding features or something like that might be causing it. I could be wrong though. I'll see if I can reproduce it here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@kmoney @ThePolish That is odd. I haven't yet been able to reproduce it changing the video path to a certain video. Let me know if you guys figure anything else out.

@ThePolish Lol, I'm loving your new DOOM guy gif.

@Jason Carr Haha I just realized avatars could be gifs so I decided it would be perfect. New forum is great, especially on mobile. 

I'm the video, I wonder if it's something to do with my wmp installation. I'm off Tuesday and will be able to play around making new videos for the ones that I know skip and check wmp.  

• Like 1

Thank you @ThePolish. :)

Just put out another new beta. I've focused on the VLC issues again this afternoon to try and fix the remainder of the issues; I have it so at least those errors aren't popping up (for me at least), but I am still seeing videos just not showing up or playing every once in a while. I created another ticket for higankanshi on Github: https://github.com/higankanshi/Meta.Vlc/issues/151

I offered to pay him too so hopefully he'll be responsive in helping us out. If we can fix all the issues with the VLC engine, we can make it the default and then we'll finally be in good shape with the videos going forward. Any further testing you guys can do with the VLC engine would be very much appreciated. At this point I just want to make sure that the errors and crashes are eliminated, and we can deal with the non-playing issue until higankanshi gets back to us. Thanks again guys.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you @ThePolish. :)

Just put out another new beta. I've focused on the VLC issues again this afternoon to try and fix the remainder of the issues; I have it so at least those errors aren't popping up (for me at least), but I am still seeing videos just not showing up or playing every once in a while. I created another ticket for higankanshi on Github: https://github.com/higankanshi/Meta.Vlc/issues/151

I offered to pay him too so hopefully he'll be responsive in helping us out. If we can fix all the issues with the VLC engine, we can make it the default and then we'll finally be in good shape with the videos going forward. Any further testing you guys can do with the VLC engine would be very much appreciated. At this point I just want to make sure that the errors and crashes are eliminated, and we can deal with the non-playing issue until higankanshi gets back to us. Thanks again guys.

I seem to be having an issue with trying to download the latest beta.

It prompts for an update but then says remote server returned an error with an error 500.

My connection checks out and my DNS is resolving correctly.  Not sure what the deal is O.o

1 hour ago, Jazzphone said:

I seem to be having an issue with trying to download the latest beta.

It prompts for an update but then says remote server returned an error with an error 500.

My connection checks out and my DNS is resolving correctly.  Not sure what the deal is O.o

I'm having the same issue.