LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@Jason Carrlet me know if you keep having that sound card issue as I'm having that too with my SoundBlaster in W10 Anniversary Edition after it happens I get no sound RetroArch launches black screen it only happens when LB is involved but I thought it was just an issue with my sound card now I'm wondering if it could be windows related I believe that all of my USB devices are set to not power down in device manager so let me know if the power settings work for you

What's the problem you're having @DOS76? I have an X-Fi as well although it's an actual internal card.

I went back a couple pages and couldn't figure out what post you were referencing. There's some kind of powersaving issue that's causing your X-Fi to freak out or something?

I haven't been having any issues with it @Jason Carr. In fairness though, I haven't had any issues with it for quite some time. I used WMP when the two were first implemented as it seemed to be a bit more consistent than VLC but more recently I haven't really noticed much of any difference between the two (which is a good thing, because WMP has always worked fine for me).

• Like 2

I did just put out beta 10 guys to include the fixes we made in the live stream this morning. It's mostly just to prevent crashes when spamming switching views and entering games before the previous screen had refreshed. Also hoping this fixes any audio still playing issues with the VLC engine.

I have been testing 6.8 Beta 11 now that i have found a temporary way around my updating problem.

I have also been testing the VLC video option as well.. ive had 2 crashes in BigBox tonight, but im not sure what is causing it... possibly VLC?? I do some more testing and ill try to recreate the crash again, if it crashes again ill swap video players and see if i can get it to crash.. n if it doesn't i geuss that could meen it maybe caused by VLC.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Bah, still crashing, eh? Were they just crashes or did they have an error message along with them @Mute64?

No error msg unfortunately, i couldn't replicate it either... so im not sure what caused it.. ill try again tomorrow and see if i get any crashes while using VLC.

• Like 1