LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Question not sure if this is a feature implemented out me noticing or a glitch. But I started importing the USA games for a system, then I added the European games but only one is added it seems to be the one not in the USA collection. 

Does LB only import one region version?  I actually like it because then I won't have to make folders with exclusives. 

Because LB currently doesn't see the region tags so when you import like you are it will see the none-xclusive games as dupes. Any games that are the same but have different regional names will still be added though. This isn't really an implemented feature or a bug its just how things work to prevent dupes. LB filters out the characters inside of the [ ] so regions aren't recognized as of yet. Your method of doing it is probably the best way I've ever heard to only get other regional exclusives.

@Jason Carr : Incredible work on Attract Mode !!! Kick ass feature !!!

I have only one comment : :$

BB running on my little arcade bartop. And if Attract Mode is great, the sound of BB interface painful in the long run,  with the very fast random movement ...

Is it possible to add a Attract Mode option to mute the sound of the interface and not the videos sounds? It'll be perfect !!!! 

6 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Because LB currently doesn't see the region tags so when you import like you are it will see the none-xclusive games as dupes. Any games that are the same but have different regional names will still be added though. This isn't really an implemented feature or a bug its just how things work to prevent dupes. LB filters out the characters inside of the [ ] so regions aren't recognized as of yet. Your method of doing it is probably the best way I've ever heard to only get other regional exclusives.

Im using official 6.8 for now... I noticed when imported my Game Boy Roms is that some games are not imported because of they having similar names:

Spot (USA) and Spot - The Cool Adventure (USA) are two diffrent games, but Launchbox don't let me import Spot (USA) because it thinks that both are the same game, if I disable Metadata when importing both games are imported fine.

Just want to let you guys know this, I suppose launchbox try to avoid duplicate games, but if they have diffrent file names, even if both match a single entry in the Launchbox database and end up with the same title, they both have to be imported, maybe the seccond one must be left with no Metadata.

I think launchbox must let you import whatever you want... even duplicate games from diffrent regions... you can filter them anyway or at least have to option to import them (I kwon there is a "force import ducplicates" option... but aparently it don't always works based on the filename... but based on the game title that come from the LB games DB).

Hope all this makes sence. Bye

Edited by knewlife

Not sure if I should send this to higan or @Jason Carr --- the current beta is working great for me (no crashes) with the exception of a couple VLC-related issues. The main one is when scrolling through a list of games and the video doesn't always load at all, which I realize a number of people have reported already. The other oddity only happened when I was swapping through a few of the very cool new themes and some audio from videos got stuck. Eventually I had an overlapping cacophony of game sound effects and music :-). If that's more of a VLC issue than a LB issue I'll post it for Higan. For the record I'm using the current 64-bit version of VLC.

For me there's no real advantage to using VLC so I'll go back to the built-in Windows media player engine. The codecs included in Windows 10 are a lot more comprehensive than in older versions of Windows so all my stuff plays just fine without a 3rd-party solution. I really only use VLC to play videos outside of any programs anyway (even if its UI looks like a Windows 95 holdover) for the robustness of its options.

Edited by snarfo67

43 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Controller Automation is broken in 6.9 beta 3 for me; I can't exit an emulator by pressing back and start on the 360 controller simultaneously like I used to.

In LB or BB? They're separately configurable. Have you made sure one or the other wasn't turned off accidentally as result of the update?