LaunchBox Community Forums

7.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

New beta is out guys with the work from the live stream this morning:

- A new "Launch With" option is available for each emulated game in LaunchBox and Big Box that will let you choose an emulator to use on the fly when launching games. This is available via the right-click or Game menu in LaunchBox and via the Game Details menu in Big Box. It can also be hidden in Big Box via the Game Menu options.

As I stated on stream, I'm going to take a few days to try and consolidate the logins for the Games DB, the forums, and the www to see if we can bring them all in under the same accounts. This will enable us to do cool stuff like have people brag about their licenses and games database contributions, etc. on the forums. It's also been a major source of confusion having separate logins for the games database, forums, and licenses, so we'll see how it goes. :)

• Like 13

58 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Interesting. I assume you've tried rebooting and such. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes. I'll see if I can re-produce it and share. Would there be any logs in the root path to check / share? My game population is rather small (< 2000) and I'm not using any merge functionality as I keep one version of any game.

For instance, one crash occurred when I had searched "Zelda" under All, followed by switching the platforms. I may have switched it a few times one after the other because I misclicked, etc.

edit: I'll also take note of the memory usage in case it's a memory leak.

Edited by Kevin_Flynn

18 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

New beta is out guys with the work from the live stream this morning:

- A new "Launch With" option is available for each emulated game in LaunchBox and Big Box that will let you choose an emulator to use on the fly when launching games. This is available via the right-click or Game menu in LaunchBox and via the Game Details menu in Big Box. It can also be hidden in Big Box via the Game Menu options.

Great work once again! The new "launch with" option seems to be working nicely, although I've only tried it with launchbox so far and will try it with bigbox a little later :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

@Jason Carr

No filters.. just scrolled through the library. Again, I can revert back to latest stable and not have it crash. Let me know if I can help troubleshoot any further.

LB.png

I'm having this too. Do you have the Steam plugin installed? I think it may be because of that - I think Launchbox crashes when Steam is not running.

@Jason Carr if a plugin crashes does it crash the whole of Launchbox or can it be localised to only stop the Plugin?

2 hours ago, alondero said:

I'm having this too. Do you have the Steam plugin installed? I think it may be because of that - I think Launchbox crashes when Steam is not running.

@Jason Carr if a plugin crashes does it crash the whole of Launchbox or can it be localised to only stop the Plugin?

I don't have any plugins installed and the last time I've imported any games was > 6 months ago. 

Edited by Kevin_Flynn

@oilertitanfan You really would not need to use the Launch With feature if you already use rocketlauncher with BigBox as RL already supports alternate emulators unless you are using it just for testing purposes. In that case, it is like @lordmonkussaid if you have the emulator seperate from rocketlauncher it should work fine.

I have heard rocket launcher has this feature but I've never figured out how to use it as a pop up before a game starts like BigBox will now have

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

New beta is out guys, again with the work from the live stream this morning:

- A new "Change ROMs Folder Path for Selected Games" option is available under the Tools menu in LaunchBox that will allow you to batch edit ROM folder paths for when you move your ROM files.

@Kevin_Flynn There's unfortunately not any logging in place for crashes like that. The best thing to do, if you can, is to PM me a zip of your LaunchBox\Data folder. That way I can test with it and at least make sure that there's not something I can replicate. Do you have any other PCs you can test on?

@alondero Unfortunately plugins can cause crashes. There aren't really any good ways to 100% prevent that from happening if a plugin is badly coded.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

- A new "Change ROMs Folder Path for Selected Games" option is available under the Tools menu in LaunchBox that will allow you to batch edit ROM folder paths for when you move your ROM files.

Just tested and working awesome, thanks again for this Jason.

• Like 2

I saw today streaming, great work Jason

But tool menu is so big, maybe It could be arranged different. For example

SHpvhS2.png

• Merge Import & Install MSDOS Wizard
  • Dosbox option inside on "Manage Emulators"
  • Use a submenu for AutoHotkey
  • Move Random Game to FILE Menu

7tWKzEi.png

LNd2fWW.png

:)

• Like 2

On 2017-07-19 at 9:45 PM, Jason Carr said:

I've tried this nice new feature.

I've noticed that it doesn't handle multi disc games. I think it should, or at least inform the user to do this manually.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delays guys, but I have a new beta out with some good news. Like I've stated elsewhere, we have the new 3D engine in the works as well as a rather large surprise, so that's why I've been more distant. Stay tuned on those things.

In the mean time, I have a new beta out that vastly improves Big Box performance with CoverFlow and the wheels. It's worth noting that this does not yet include the new 3D engine; however, I stumbled on a few things today that have really helped with performance. Both are tricks that I randomly discovered while working on the upcoming surprise. Let me know how Big Box performance fairs with this beta. :)

• Like 5