LaunchBox Community Forums

7.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Just put out another new beta guys with more threading-related performance improvements for Big Box. In my testing, Big Box is running smoother than ever, by a long shot in some cases. I'm currently updating my GPD Win to see how it runs on there, but on my relatively lower-end PCs, things seem to be much improved. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Just put out another new beta guys with more threading-related performance improvements for Big Box. In my testing, Big Box is running smoother than ever, by a long shot in some cases. I'm currently updating my GPD Win to see how it runs on there, but on my relatively lower-end PCs, things seem to be much improved. :)

Wow! I'm enjoying the cover-flow mode again :) Just tried it out and it's noticeably more 'snappy' and moves especially quicker with the systems which have 100+ games. Great work once again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just downloaded the beta's and i am getting much better game wheel performance, previously if i held the down button down to move down through a whole load of games then stopped on a game i had to wait 2 or 3 seconds before i could move the wheel again. Now when i stop it's virtually instantaneous to start moving again. Great work Jason. :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Charco said:

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements in the next stable release :)

Yeah, hopefully that comes before the 21st of the month as that is when my yearly premium expires. Would hate to be left on a beta rather than a official release. :)  

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah, hopefully that comes before the 21st of the month as that is when my yearly premium expires. Would hate to be left on a beta rather than a official release. :)  

Wow, really surprised a moderator here doesn't have a lifetime license. I would think a small nod of appreciation to the mods for their work here would at least be a lifetime license, but then again, I guess that is none of my business. 

@Jason Carr

I get this error whenever entering a platform in BigBox, I'm on 7.11 beta 11. This has been happening since yesterday's update. If I go back to beta 9 everything works like normal.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     Big Box
Version: 7.11-beta-11
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    Void (Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.Controls.CoverFlow.BoxArtCover)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf

at (BoxArtCover )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.Controls.CoverFlow.BoxArtCover.OnImageSourceSet()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at (Action , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at (CoverBase , ImageSource )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.Controls.CoverFlow.CoverBase.set_ImageSource(ImageSource value)
   at (Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Wpf.Controls.CoverFlow.ThumbnailManager.Worker(Object unused)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Recent Log:

9:17:50 AM Music.Resume Start
   9:17:50 AM Music.Pause Start
   9:17:50 AM Music.Resume Start
   9:17:52 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   9:17:52 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   9:17:52 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   9:17:52 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   9:17:55 AM Music.Initialize Start
   9:17:55 AM Music.Kill Start
   9:17:55 AM Music.Kill Finished
   9:17:56 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) HandleManager.Remove
   9:17:56 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) EventManager.Detach
   9:17:56 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) Free
   9:17:56 AM VlcMediaPlayer.Dispose(bool disposing) ReleaseMediaPlayerFunction
   9:17:56 AM Music.StopAndResumeBackground Start
   9:17:57 AM Exception

Edited by Omen

Thank you very much @Jason Carr, that would be wonderful and very much appreciated. :) I would of just carried on helping user's as much as i could, but may of run into issues with user's being on a newer version of Launchbox than myself. So that will help me out a lot, so that i can continue to offer help and advice to forum members. Thanks again. :) 

• Like 2

I tried out the new beta last night on my arcade cabinet and coverflow is 100 times better...no stutters at all as with the wheel is super smooth as well and seems to have improved.. As a matter of fact, it is so fast and responsive now I had to slow down my wheel speed some. @Jason Carr I know this might sound crazy but I think since coverflow is so fast and smooth now we might need to add an option to slow it down some like you have with the wheels:) Awesome job Jason!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Good to hear. I upgraded it late last night and had to spend an hour putting emergency fixes in because they broke the theme completely lol.

Yeah i noticed some nice small details but having black on Mobile is the best.  Can't say i have noticed what @lordmonkus is pointing too. 

Edited by ALIE