LaunchBox Community Forums

7.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 7/17/2017 at 9:53 PM, Jason Carr said:

- A new "Launch With" option is available for each emulated game in LaunchBox and Big Box that will let you choose an emulator to use on the fly when launching games. This is available via the right-click or Game menu in LaunchBox and via the Game Details menu in Big Box. It can also be hidden in Big Box via the Game Menu options.

It shows only one thing/core per emulator, and with many emulators you can have more than one core for system.

Would it be possible to list all of them or add some new check-box to emulator/associated platforms list, so we could choose them?

21 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@DFelten, what's your test for proving that only English names are searched when importing?

For example these files:

Pokemon - Gelbe Edition (D).gb (english: Pokemon Yellow)
Pokemon Blau (D).gb (english: Pokemon Blue)

Edited by DFelten

20 minutes ago, DFelten said:

For example these files:

Pokemon - Gelbe Edition (D) (Pokemon Yellow)
Pokemon Blau (D).gb (Pokemon Blue)

@Jason Carr I think I have a similar problem. When importing games, they don´t find anything for alternate names, so I have to open manually the edit dialog for each game and then they match by alternate name, but this task is frustating.

5 hours ago, cZ8tL said:

It shows only one thing/core per emulator, and with many emulators you can have more than one core for system.

Would it be possible to list all of them or add some new check-box to emulator/associated platforms list, so we could choose them?

I know this isn't the optimal solution but you can make a 2nd instance of RetroArch (It will have to be named differently) and point LB to it then set it up using different cores then you will have the option to launch it with your 1st instance of RA as usual and then in launch with it would offer you both options like I said not optimal but will accomplish what you are tying to do.

Edited by DOS76

On 8/23/2017 at 5:23 AM, cZ8tL said:

We may come back to this at some point in the future. I know it matters quite a bit for Retroarch especially. :)

New beta is out guys; this fixes an issue with connecting LaunchBox to the games database. I switched the games database to use HTTPS which messed with that process a bit. Also, I've reverted to .NET 4.6.2 instead of 4.7. I haven't experienced any issues with 4.7, but it seems like I've been getting a lot of reports of various issues, so it feels like the stability of .NET 4.7 just isn't there quite yet. For that reason, I've reverted to .NET 4.6.2 until 4.7 gets a little more solid.

Please let me know how the performance of this beta fares compared to the previous beta. In theory, performance may be very slightly reduced due to downgrading back to the .NET 4.6.2 framework. This is unfortunate, but we can go back to 4.7 in a few months once it's more stable.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2017 at 2:19 PM, DOS76 said:

I know this isn't the optimal solution but you can make a 2nd instance of RetroArch (It will have to be named differently) and point LB to it then set it up using different cores then you will have the option to launch it with your 1st instance of RA as usual and then in launch with it would offer you both options like I said not optimal but will accomplish what you are tying to do.

Yep, this is what I usually recommend to people if it's something they need to do on a frequent basis. @cZ8tL this is an old post (I've cut it down to just "Retroarch" and "Retroarch - MAME" now, thanks to overrides) but the process is still the same:

On 8/23/2017 at 11:19 AM, DOS76 said:

Or use RocketLauncher which supports alternative emulators on a per game basis. That way you don't have to remember which games work best with which emulator, just set it up in RL and forget it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

New beta is out guys with a couple of fixes from the live stream this morning related to alternate titles and searching the games database without a platform specified. I've also updated VLC to the latest version. Let me know if anyone sees any issues with this beta. :)

Searching for Alternate titles is not something i can remember ever having issues with.  What was changed? 

On 23.8.2017 at 3:19 PM, DFelten said:

For example these files:

Pokemon - Gelbe Edition (D).gb (english: Pokemon Yellow)
Pokemon Blau (D).gb (english: Pokemon Blue)

These examples are now working :) But with this example not: Pokemon Rot (D).gb

An option to choose the language for the title would be also great. Now the game is found, but the English title appears.

11 minutes ago, Cadizking25 said:

while downloading the new 7.11 Beta I got an error. After that my launchbox will not open. I even downloaded another launchbox and it works, I then copy the exe in my preferred launchbox folder and it still not opening. What should I do? 

I would suggest reinstalling the previous beta, just go to your Launchbox/Updates folder, i would then delete the newest beta update in there as it seems it got currupted during the download it should be beta 16, then just reinstall the next newest beta directly over the top of your currently non working install. That should take you back to the previously working beta. You will then be prompted to update again when you launch launchbox.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I would suggest reinstalling the previous beta, just go to your Launchbox/Updates folder, i would then delete the newest beta update in there as it seems it got currupted during the download it should be beta 16, then just reinstall the next newest beta directly over the top of your currently non working install. That should take you back to the previously working beta. You will then be prompted to update again when you launch launchbox.

ok, so if I just reinstall it in the same folder it will not affect any of my files, such as games, images, videos, and configuration?