LaunchBox Community Forums

On 6/20/2019 at 8:59 PM, CriticalCid said:

There isn’t anything coded for the background therefore it’s completely blank. The platform views are intended to play fullscreen platform videos so there wasn’t any need for that.

Nevertheless you have quite a few options to add in backgrounds.

If you want to use the backgrounds in your Fanart folders just add this line to the VIew

<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" IsContentVideo="false" />

If you want to add a static image use this code and edit the path to the image of your choice. The only thing you should know is that “pack://siteoforigin:,,,/” stands for your LaunchBox folder.

<Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/YOUR_IMAGE.jpg" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="0" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

And finally if you want to use the same background images as in the Games Views add this. Be aware that you'll need to manually add background images for your Platform Categories to the Background folder if you use any.

<TextBlock x:Name="BackgroundFileName" Visibility="Collapsed">
	<TextBlock.Text>
		<MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/{0}.jpg">
			<Binding Path="SelectedPlatform.Name" />
		</MultiBinding>
	</TextBlock.Text>
</TextBlock>
<Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=BackgroundFileName, FallbackValue='pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/_Default.png'}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="0" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

Hi cid i would love to use the fanart background images in this theme but am not sure where i need to add this script could you advise me please

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2018 at 6:56 PM, CriticalCid said:

Happy Easter everybody! I hope you like my little surprise here (this is not an April fools joke!).
I love the Unified Megatheme Project and therefore it was the last piece that I was missing in LaunchBox when I gave up on HyperSpin.

While I was working on this theme I’ve also made over 50 new Unified Platform Videos. They are not available yet on the EmuMovies website or through the LaunchBox platform video downloader but it’ll be just a matter of time when they will be uploaded there.

In the meantime you can get them already on the EmuMovies FTP server in my upload folder in case you are an EmuMovies premium member: /Upload Here/_Video Snap Submissions/CriticalCid/Platform Videos
There are still 13 platform videos missing to complete the set of this theme. I’ll do them in the next few days, so keep an eye out on my FTP folder.

Hi there im a running a gtx 1660 oc 6gb with 16gb of ram and i5 9400f and for some reason i download the theme but doesnt look like the video i have black screens in some parts it just doesn't look like the product any help will be good thanx

1 minute ago, jeffza1987 said:

Hi there im a running a gtx 1660 oc 6gb with 16gb of ram and i5 9400f and for some reason i download the theme but doesnt look like the video i have black screens in some parts it just doesn't look like the product any help will be good thanx

You need to download some platform videos from within Launchbox, themes do not come with videos.

Hi there critical i love your theme although i cant seem to find video and artwork to download from the forum is there a link i can maybe get to the files im not pc friendly the theme loads on my pc but no video or pictures show up i know i have to add them but i dont know what to download thanx

4 minutes ago, jeffza1987 said:

Hi there critical i love your theme although i cant seem to find video and artwork to download from the forum is there a link i can maybe get to the files im not pc friendly the theme loads on my pc but no video or pictures show up i know i have to add them but i dont know what to download thanx

They can be downloaded from within Launchbox, Tools/Download Theme/Playlist videos. Be sure if you are after the Unified versions to use the dropdown at the bottom of the window to prioritize that style.

1011183633_ScreenShot08-22-19at12_29PM.thumb.PNG.cb08fdb408d7e601b045d2dda2931d54.PNG

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Well, if you would like us to help you figure out what is going on we would need more than this.

Sure. Thx. when I am in the console select no video plays. When im in game select no video plays for the game. Not sure If i have to get the videos and put them in. on ETA`s YT videos his just look different.. like his console select icons. 

1.PNG

Edited by ermac_0

6 minutes ago, ermac_0 said:

Sure. Thx. when I am in the console select no video plays. When im in game select no video plays for the game. Not sure If i have to get the videos and put them in. on ETA`s YT videos his just look different.. like his console select icons. 

1.PNG

Have you downloaded any platform videos and Game videos?

7 minutes ago, ermac_0 said:

Yes, videos need to be downloaded. They are not provided by theme creators due to the size of data that would need to be stored.  

Also the clear logos can be different as those can all be downloaded in the style that you want.  

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yes, videos need to be downloaded. They are not provided by theme creators due to the size of data that would need to be stored.  

Also the clear logos can be different as those can all be downloaded in the style that you want.  

ok from where? I have Emumovies on the LB I thought it got everything thru that