LaunchBox Community Forums

Just now, neil9000 said:

You can get the low quality ones from there site, but it would take days/weeks as there is a speed cap and a daily download limit for free users downloading the low quality videos.

Dam. So no alternative? once you download and get everything and lets say my PC crashes I have to be a premium member to do it again right?

15 hours ago, ermac_0 said:

Dam. So no alternative? once you download and get everything and lets say my PC crashes I have to be a premium member to do it again right?

Your alternative is make a full backup of your images and videos directory, at minimum. Hard drive space is pretty inexpensive these days, so factor in your time to start from the beginning versus having a backup.

I have figured out how to alter/add the overlay on game selection screens in Unified Refried, but where are the source templates for the system preview video screens? This photo is an example of how I'd like my video to look.

When I add an mp4 to my newly created system, the video preview fills the left part of the screen as opposed to being inside of an arcade cabinet. I can't find word that video arcade cabinet template is located to add my new system.IMG_20191001_194950.thumb.jpg.73e450fe870b02ea5524092ca2eff84c.jpg

Thanks! 

Edited by KillerQ

• 1 month later...

hello, what should I check if the wheel art and pointer is not showing properly? I've refreshed the art (in BigBox) a few times.

Edit: Okay, I may have figured it out. My rom names and clear logo names do not match. But, I let Launchbox handle downloading the art from EmuMovies for me. How should I fix this?

Edit: changed the name of some image files to match the roms, still shows the wheel as a long list, no pointer. the wheel and pointer only work for systems, not games. weird. Also, the wheel never goes away. It sits there constantly 

Edited by lemoncadebay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/31/2019 at 3:31 PM, CriticalCid said:

Open the View you want to edit with a text editor of your choice (Notepad, Notepad++, etc) and search for the Background code block. It should look something like this:

<!-- BACKGROUND -->
	<TextBlock x:Name="BackgroundFileName" Visibility="Collapsed">
		<TextBlock.Text>
			<MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/{0}.jpg">
				<Binding Path="KnownPlatformOrPlaylistTitle" />
			</MultiBinding>
		</TextBlock.Text>
	</TextBlock>
	<Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=BackgroundFileName, FallbackValue='pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/_Default.png'}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="0" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

Replace this code block with the following code:

<!-- BACKGROUND -->
	<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" IsContentVideo="false" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" Panel.ZIndex="0"/>

I've tried to have Background images for each games... but the system show up the Box Front images as background

• 6 months later...

So I clearly have messed up this install and I am hoping its something simple.  I followed the install instructions and what I end up with is the wheel on the LEFT of the screen not the right.

Also when I go into the platform (say Arcade) all I get is the flyer of the game to choose from not the game wheel and videos etc.

Changing wheel views etc does nothing everything is the same.

What is weird is I put this on another cabinet and it all came out just fine so not really sure what step I missed or screwed up on can someone point me in the right direction please?

***EDIT - ALL FIXED***

I just figured out what was screwing this up.

I had BB and LB set to run as Admin.  Taking that off and it all works now.  I had forgotten that I had turned on Admin for another reason when I was trying to get MAME going so now that Run as Admin is off its fine.  Lesson learned.  Leaving this here in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

Thanks

Greg

Edited by GCS2000
  • Game On 1

So I am revisiting my post above.

I have a second machine and have LB set up and running fine and imported games etc.

BB is working but not with this theme (again).

I have tried running as admin and not as admin.  I followed the install instructions and did things the same as I did on the other machine but the unified theme does not show in BB.  I select it but theme stays as the default.  Also after applying Unified them normally I should have the option to change the wheels view and platform view but there is no option to change wheel view.  Its really odd.

Not sure what else to check/fix.

EDIT - ok so tested some other themes same thing.  Essentially it appears the BB is not accepting the application of ANY theme no matter.  I can only use the default theme.

EDIT #2 - Ok so once again I managed to figure out my problem, LOL.  Found on the forum here that the theme was inside of another folder and that it had to be in the "main" folder.  Moved the files into the first main folder and she is good to go now.  Knew it had to be simple.

Edited by GCS2000
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2020 at 6:50 AM, hobapli said:

hi friends , discs are not spinning on bigbox... Only Jason's discs are spinning and its too fast... Any help ? 

You mean the Unified Redux theme? The Unified Redux theme discs do spin a lot faster, by design. The Unified theme should work perfectly fine though, with spinning discs. You may need a video driver update. Also make sure you don't have anything running in the background that might be interfering, including anti-virus software.

9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

You mean the Unified Redux theme? The Unified Redux theme discs do spin a lot faster, by design. The Unified theme should work perfectly fine though, with spinning discs. You may need a video driver update. Also make sure you don't have anything running in the background that might be interfering, including anti-virus software.

thank you for your reply Jason, so 

I realized that any theme's "games view" option looks always the same. games view 1 ,2 ,3 nothings changesd, no matter which one I choose, it's always the same. 

Edited by hobapli