LaunchBox Community Forums

Have you tried some of the other themes that mention that they might work with 4:3 systems. I thought there was are more than 1 theme that said they support (or will work with) 4:3 ratio monitors. For example, the below are all themes that list that they support 4:3 ratio (perhaps with a little tweaking needed though)

Refactor:

FluxCRT (Edit - actualyl this one might be for 16:9 only, but uses 4:3 video snaps apparently):

Four by Three (which is explicitly made for 4:3 systems I believe):

Edited by CDBlue

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, power5lave said:

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a template available for making the videos...in particular the arcade cabinet ones, as i would like to fill some gaps in my collection and want to keep the uniform look it :)

Unfortunately I've never seen one, though they may be available somewhere. Some of the videos are actually recorded Hyperspin themes, so probably not in that case.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:24 PM, ericcannon said:

Thanks for the response. I figured due to the popularity of theses arcade 1up machines and also big box it would be a shame to only have 1 theme that works on them. Hopefully Cid will reconsider?

I'm sorry to tell you that my stance on this hasn’t changed and I don’t think it ever will. I barely find time or motivation to work on the long overdue update for Unified so working on a time-consuming rework of the theme is completely out of question for now and the foreseeable future for me.

Of course, everybody should feel free convert the theme themselves.

23 hours ago, power5lave said:

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a template available for making the videos...in particular the arcade cabinet ones, as i would like to fill some gaps in my collection and want to keep the uniform look it :)

Unfortunately I dont have any templates I could share but you honestly don't really need any because they are as basic as it can get. Just use the arcade cab artwork or the video borders that are coming with the theme and place them in center of your video, the rest is just very basic moving of images and fading the video in and out. I have absolutely no clue about After Effects or video editing in general but it probably took me only 1 or 2 hours to teach myself everything I needed to create these.

Don't forget to share your results :)

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 6:40 PM, power5lave said:

Like this?

Artwork.thumb.jpg.e6139ce7a7763b2f1ebeeafcb67f9c35.jpgGet here: Cabinet Template.zip

Claudio

Edited by Cauptain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Unified 1.2 released!

The new version requires LaunchBox v9.4 or higher!

Please check the Changelog for everything that has changed.

This update is mainly focused on fixing/improving things. Originally, I planned to only release a new version of Unified when I have something big to show like new Views. But due to all technical changes that happened in the past half year to LB I had to release this smaller update now to make sure that everything works fine going forward.

I’m also sorry to let you guys hanging for so long but the two big projects I did last year (initial Unified release & recording over 1000 new HyperSpin MAME themes) + my new daily job drained me so much that I had absolutely no motivation to work on any projects or being very active in the forums.

The good news is that working in this update got me excited about theming again. Of course I won’t promise anything.

I took a lot of inspiration from the Unified versions/modifactions that @Jason Carr, @RetroHumanoid and @bmonomad did. I want to thank them big time for their work! Especially RetroHumanoid took the Unified concept with Refried to a whole new level and made it his own!

Also a huge shoutout to @dragon57 for creating the new Unified logo. Sorry that it took me so long to actually add it to the theme.

Changelog:

v1.2 - 02.13.2019 - requires LB v9.4 or higher
- General: The Add-on package was merged with the main theme. All media is now included in a single package
- Removed: The weather plugin by @Grila was removed as it's being broken at the moment
- Removed: The HelperControl plugin was removed as its functions are now integrated in Big Box itself
- Updated: The theme was updated and tested for the new theming engine changes in LB v9.4
- Updated: All backgrounds were converted to maximum-quality JPEGs; reducing their size drastically (thanks @JasonCarr for the tip)
	If you have added and/or renamed some background images before you have to convert them to JPEG as well! Sorry for the inconvinience
- Updated: Some backgrounds were replaced with new ones (the old ones were moved to the "Alt" folder) (thanks @RetroHumanoid)
- Updated: The TextList Games View now uses the normal Game Boxes element, which means that you can now switch there between the Image Types (and probably have to if you want to use 3D Boxes)
	-Fixed: Due to the above change does the "Flip Box" function now work again in the Games Details screen if you have "2D Boxes" selected as your current Image Type
- Updated: The Main Menu and Option Views now feature custom artwork + there is finally a logo for the theme (in the style of the HyperSpin logo). Thanks @dragon57
- Updated: The size and position of the wheel was changed a bit. It's now farther away from the pointer and therefore it's not overlapping it all the time. Also it fades away more smothly now.
- Updated: All Clear Logos, Boxart, Carts and Discs now have a slight Drop Shadow (thanks @Jason Carr)
- Updated: The sizes of the Box and Cart/Disc Art were slightly changed throughout all Views
- Fixed: Top bar modified to prevent triangle corner overlap issues (thanks @JasonCarr)
- Fixed: The TextList list is now over the Platform/Playlist logo and doesn't get covered from very wide logos anymore.
- Fixed: The Cart and Disc art now appear in higher quality
- Fixed: The theme didn’t show the proper artwork for playlists in some cases
- Added: A bunch of new icons were added/replaced (thanks @ bmonomad)
		- Replaced the icon for favorite games
		- New icon for completed games
		- The rating was replaced with star icons
- Added: Logos and backgrounds for 3 new playlists were added. (thanks @RetroHumanoid)
		- Ball & Paddle Games
		- Maze Games
		- Multigame
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Game On 1
  • Haha 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

Only the backgrounds were converted to JPEG, all the other artwork is sill using PNG (and this won't change as JPEG doesn't support transparency which is mandotory for them)

Unfortunately the theme doesn't support various file types, so you have to convert all your backgrounds to JPEG. I know that a big change like this is annyoing but I could reduce the size of the theme by 2/3, so I'm certain that's a win in the long run,.

• Thanks 1

After a quick look, the themes look very close now. Redux has the faster spinning discs, and some slightly different backgrounds (characters have been removed in Redux so that the boxes don't overlap them). There may be other differences but I'm not immediately seeing anything else sticking out. :)

11 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

No, they aren't the same and not all changes by Jason were incorporated. Especially his crazy fast disc spinning will never find a way into my version because I just don't like that at all (sorry Jason :P)

The wheel is definitely rounder now and looks much better than before.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

After a quick look, the themes look very close now. Redux has the faster spinning discs, and some slightly different backgrounds (characters have been removed in Redux so that the boxes don't overlap them). There may be other differences but I'm not immediately seeing anything else sticking out. :)

he he. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1