LaunchBox Community Forums

On 12/23/2020 at 6:28 PM, hobapli said:

thank you for your reply Jason, so 

I realized that any theme's "games view" option looks always the same. games view 1 ,2 ,3 nothings changesd, no matter which one I choose, it's always the same. 

You may be confused if you have platform-specific views set. You'll want to bind a key or a button to the "Switch View" option so that you can switch the views on the fly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there a way to make it so a view doesnt infinite scroll, thus allowing the wheel to stop when it gets to the end of the list? Asking kuz Some of my platform-categories/playlists only have like 3 things listed, and look bad when you see the clear logo 3 or 4 times on the screen at once kuz its repeating. 

2 hours ago, darreldearth said:

Is there a way to make it so a view doesnt infinite scroll, thus allowing the wheel to stop when it gets to the end of the list? Asking kuz Some of my platform-categories/playlists only have like 3 things listed, and look bad when you see the clear logo 3 or 4 times on the screen at once kuz its repeating. 

Unfortunately not currently, Launchbox has not in the past been able to do this. I believe the new theme options that have been added now allow for it, but the theme would have to be updated to use those features. The is currently no way to achieve this effect im afraid.

5 hours ago, darreldearth said:

The newest beta does make this possible for all Themes/Views but you would need to update the theme xaml to do so, no theme by default does this because it simply wasn't available at the time. Adding the Endless property to the views FlowControl and setting the value to False will do what you want.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, SLUGIE79 said:

hi there

first let me just say that this theme is awesome and looks just like hyper spin

I have no problem getting the box art and cart or disc art on the screen but when it comes to the systems themes with the video they are not showing up does anybody know why this would happen and how I can rectify images attached the first image is what I get on the systems screen the second one is what it should look like and then the third one is of the cart art and Boxart

I have no problem getting the box art and cart or disc art on the screen but when it comes to the systems themes with the video they are not showing up does anybody know why this would happen and how I can rectify images attached the first image is what I get on the systems screen the second one is what it should look like and then the third one is of the cart art and box artalso when I’m on the screen where you select a game it then sends me to another screen saying play and different options and ways to launch the game how do I do it so when I just click a game it goes straight to it rather than goes to The other screen as it’s annoying and I just want the game to load thank you in advance

0FFBC3D5-7E6D-4B50-B77F-88D5E308A48C.jpeg

867F54A1-BFC2-4CA3-95D9-65AF8DA7AB5A.png

50FABA1F-6FCA-4809-8BFE-67892B59F63D.png

For the platform level that requires platform videos. In the second picture that is actually a fullscreen video. So all the art on the screen is not individual pieces, but an actual video of everything. Have you downloaded platform videos? If you have you may then need to change views in the theme. Each theme can contain multiple views that will dictate what elements are shown on screen. You can change views easily by binding a button/key to that option in the controller and/or keyboard mapping. This is easiest way as you can be in the theme and change views on the fly to see the change instantly.

To get rid of the second screen when launching a game go into the View options in BigBox settings and uncheck the button for "Show Game Details Page". Or something similar to that. I cannot remember the exact wording.

Nope, the theme hasn’t changed since then. I did some tests on a coverflow and a wall view but I didn’t like the results, so I dropped those ideas.

If someone has a really good idea/mockup I may consider to add it, but personally I can’t think of anything worthwhile to add that wouldn’t be just unnecessary bloat.

• Unusual Gem 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Gef said:

Thanks @CriticalCid i really love this theme of yours. May I ask you some help? can't get games wheel to show clear logos instead of simple text; searched around, but can't find anything specific. Is it possible, somwhow?

Regards.

To change views you can use a keyboard or assign a key on your controller. These are set in the BB options menu.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:15 PM, Knowcontrol said:

To change views you can use a keyboard or assign a key on your controller. These are set in the BB options menu.

Ok, as written on the other post, clear logos are now correctly showed in games wheel after fixing their lack in LaunchBox; due to an uncertain reason, clear logos weren't imported automatically from the scraper on an already populated list. A mint reimport of the games ticking alle the media options since the firt import, solved the "issue". **EDIT** as pointed by @faeran in another post, the "issue" was originated by the fact I didn't select any game when launching the update procedure; I wrongly assumed it will do have affected the current view, and the lack of warning popups didn't make me think about the lack of a current selection of games.

Edited by Gef
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, I just installed Launchbox and it's been 2 hours that I block : How does this mean that my theme is not complete and bad ends?

My launchbox does not download me any more media but looked like I miss something for the theme to finish. Can you help me understand why the theme is not normally put in presentation? Thanks in advance

1253158198_Sanstitre-2.thumb.png.711326bcc3924a57ba819e6f15e24c19.png

592061715_Sanstitre-1.thumb.png.d0a3c4bc20dc340b85d42ae7036fe7a0.png

21 hours ago, Denys06 said:

Hello, I just installed Launchbox and it's been 2 hours that I block : How does this mean that my theme is not complete and bad ends?

My launchbox does not download me any more media but looked like I miss something for the theme to finish. Can you help me understand why the theme is not normally put in presentation? Thanks in advance

1253158198_Sanstitre-2.thumb.png.711326bcc3924a57ba819e6f15e24c19.png

592061715_Sanstitre-1.thumb.png.d0a3c4bc20dc340b85d42ae7036fe7a0.png

I'm having trouble interpreting what you mean here; I believe we're running into some language barrier issues. Can you try rephrasing?

I take advantage of your intervention on the topic, to know if it is possible to leave the menu displayed all the time instead of it fading out? Because I like to have a preview of the rest of the list without having to click on the keys again.

1173770054_Sanstitre-1.thumb.png.4580b7f47e9c0935858f331c1015a232.png

31 minutes ago, Denys06 said:

I take advantage of your intervention on the topic, to know if it is possible to leave the menu displayed all the time instead of it fading out? Because I like to have a preview of the rest of the list without having to click on the keys again.

Unfortunately not with this theme. You would have to go with a different theme, though there are a ton of themes available that don't fade out the wheel like that. So check them out in the Themes Manager.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 7:56 PM, Denys06 said:

Post the XML file for this. I will change it for you so that the Wheel doesn´t fade out

• Like 1