LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

1 hour ago, angelobodetti said:

So in the zip there is a folder called queso fresco Addon then inside of that is an Images and Views folder. Do i drag over queso fresco folder or do i darg over images and views?

take the images and views folders that are in Queso Fresco (delicious by the way) and copy/paste them into the new refried theme folder.  Do the same for any of the other addons you want to use. (Genres/Favorites etc.)  The folders are more just containers, you just need the images and views folders out of them. 

4 hours ago, vaderag said:

So, can someone explain to me how this works now...

I am currently using Refried and the Refried Arcade theme (I never got around to doing the others but would like to)

So I install the new theme, then how do I get Arcade active on arcade, GameCube on GameCube etc etc

EDIT: So looking at the files, there is one theme, so need to download that - do I need all the addons now, or are they legacy too?
I'm not clear on the differences the addons provide - is there somewhere that's outlined?

p.s thanks so much for the hard work!

make sure you have moved the old Unified Refried theme out or renamed the folder.  Put the new Refried theme folder in your themes folder like before, in order to use the additional addons, you need to take the views/images folders from the addons folders that you wish to use. Queso Fresco is the one that will have the similar Arcade addon from the original Refried Arcade separate theme.  Once you have added the files it "just works" there is no need to select a separate theme other than Unified Refried.  Everything is contained in the one theme and the addons all go into the main them folder.  no separate themes for separate platforms.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

make sure you have moved the old Unified Refried theme out or renamed the folder.  Put the new Refried theme folder in your themes folder like before, in order to use the additional addons, you need to take the views/images folders from the addons folders that you wish to use. Queso Fresco is the one that will have the similar Arcade addon from the original Refried Arcade separate theme.  Once you have added the files it "just works" there is no need to select a separate theme other than Unified Refried.  Everything is contained in the one theme and the addons all go into the main them folder.  no separate themes for separate platforms.

Thanks for the info - will give it a go later!

5 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

I'm missing quite a few clear logos over my collection and when one is missing I get this massive text which looks awful. Is there a way to change the font to something more pleasing on the eye?Screenshot_(54).thumb.png.94eb6b99af6cae6a50b2a854e6e4a3fe.png

If you change the text size,it will also change the wheel size...if that is something you are ok with,then the item colored red here will alter the size...It is near the bottom of the view xaml,and you will have to change this value for every system/view you want to change. The best way would be to use Notepad++ and change them all at once in bulk.

<!-- WHEEL -->
            <coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="4" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="8" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Clear Logos"
                CurveAmount="0" CameraZPosition="2.1" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6" Spacing="1" ItemZPosition="0.7" SelectedItemZPosition="1.1" Panel.ZIndex="10" >
                <coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>100</coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>
                <coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
                    <DropShadowEffect BlurRadius="20" Direction="-10" RenderingBias="Quality" ShadowDepth="1" Color="White" />
                </coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>
            </coverFlow:FlowControl>

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

I'm missing quite a few clear logos over my collection and when one is missing I get this massive text which looks awful. Is there a way to change the font to something more pleasing on the eye?Screenshot_(54).thumb.png.94eb6b99af6cae6a50b2a854e6e4a3fe.png

Can always hide items missing wheel images.

TBH, I would love to see a better way of auditing artwork - the audit only gets you 10% of the way there... if i could easily add, tag, re-search database id from there would make it so much better!

• Like 1

You could also create your own clear logo.  There is a website called cooltext.com (thank you to @RetroHumanoid for pointing to it) that has tons of fonts to choose from.  You can use a dedicated font for the system or just your missing logos.  All you do is select your font, add the text you want then download the image.  Change the name from cooltext123 to your game name and drop in your clear logo folder.  I like uniform logos and used this tutorial to fix some of mine along with cooltext.   

Also, it helps to check games that you are missing media for from time to time as the LBDB gets updated.  Bubble Symphony should have a clear logo.

Edited by ed20910
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, angelobodetti said:

Is there a way to push the Unified Refried theme to ALL of my wheels at once? Because of how the previous version worked, basically every single platform needs to be redone individually to change the theme and then the view.

Wondering if i could do it at once.

I renamed my theme folder to theme.old and then created a new one with only this in and it seems to have done it for me...

Edited by vaderag

5 minutes ago, angelobodetti said:

Is there a way to push the Unified Refried theme to ALL of my wheels at once? Because of how the previous version worked, basically every single platform needs to be redone individually to change the theme and then the view.

Turn off separate views per platform, then when you change one they will all change.

8 minutes ago, angelobodetti said:

I just backed out to options,then switched to criticalzone...exited options to load criticalzone...shut down big box...moved all the old refried files to a backup folder...then loaded big box again and switched to refried 2.0. May not have been the easiest way,but,it worked fine for me. Also,what neil said about turning off the seperate views per platform option and doing things and stuff.

36 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

You could also create your own clear logo.  There is a website called cooltext.com (thank you to @RetroHumanoid for pointing to it) that has tons of fonts to choose from.  You can use a dedicated font for the system or just your missing logos.  All you do is select your font, add the text you want then download the image.  Change the name from cooltext123 to your game name and drop in your clear logo folder.  I like uniform logos and used this tutorial to fix some of mine along with cooltext.   

Also, it helps to check games that you are missing media for from time to time as the LBDB gets updated.  Bubble Symphony should have a clear logo.

Brilliant! cheers ?

36 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

Do you have these?

Ah, I had come across those before (although i don't think i downloaded), but it's not exactly what i'm (ideally) looking for!

What i'd really like is essentially the videos that contained in the frame in those videos - e.g. a selection of games from each platform... so that the platforms look similar to the major categories (Arcade / Computers / Consoles) etc

Or better, a cool funky video like the general videos that has come broader stuff going on!

Edited by vaderag

21 minutes ago, vaderag said:

Ah, I had come across those before (although i don't think i downloaded), but it's not exactly what i'm (ideally) looking for!

What i'd really like is essentially the videos that contained in the frame in those videos - e.g. a selection of games from each platform... so that the platforms look similar to the major categories (Arcade / Computers / Consoles) etc

Or better, a cool funky video like the general videos that has come broader stuff going on!

The ones linked are as close as you are going to find,if you are trying to match my theme...sorry. I'm actually not even sure I know exactly what you are asking for tbh.

8 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

The ones linked are as close as you are going to find,if you are trying to match my theme...sorry. I'm actually not even sure I know exactly what you are asking for tbh.

So, just to try and explain myself a bit better... I'm not sure if this is related to your theme or LaunchBox (i don't really know where this vid came from!), but i get this video as a default for the top level Arcade category (and similar videos for Consoles/Computers/Pinball etc):

What i'd love is a similar(ish) video to this but for sublevel categories - i.e. Mame / ScummVM / Commodore 64 that showcases the games on that system (rather than looking like a page from your theme)

Hope that makes sense?

4 minutes ago, vaderag said:

So, just to try and explain myself a bit better... I'm not sure if this is related to your theme or LaunchBox (i don't really know where this vid came from!), but i get this video as a default for the top level Arcade category (and similar videos for Consoles/Computers/Pinball etc):

What i'd love is a similar(ish) video to this but for sublevel categories - i.e. Mame / ScummVM / Commodore 64 that showcases the games on that system (rather than looking like a page from your theme)

Hope that makes sense?

You would probably have luck looking up HyperPi PC videos...or maybe the work done by @harryoke would fit the style you are looking for

2 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

You would probably have luck looking up HyperPi PC videos...or maybe the work done by @harryoke would fit the style you are looking for

I have a bunch of videos i have collected and as stated, the Hyperpi are probably the closest you will find.  only thing i dont like is the embedded logo.  Here is a sample of Atari 2600.