LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

15 hours ago, Namedos said:

I read earlier on this topic that some people were working on the Video Marquee files.  I currently only have four of them.  Are more available and if so where?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, vaderag said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask so sorry if not - checking out the refried theme and just wondering where people are getting video marquees for MAME?

I have emumovies sub but can't see them on there

Thanks

These marquees can be located in the "Unified Refried - Arcade" addon theme,and there are 8 of them currently...noone else was working on them except me as far as I know...and I am not currently working on them...I will,but,it's just not high on the priority list yet. If other people would like to work on them,they are more than welcome to. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Klopjero said:

dude, do you have a psd I could work with ? I want to create art for some of my collections, but I want to keep it in style 

I didn't use photoshop for the theme...it was assembled in Gimp actually. I used default borders for every system and built onto them with layers of prepared artwork...just kinda eyeballing placements for each one. Here are the borders I used..

Refried Borders.zip

Not much else to it really

9 hours ago, Klopjero said:

happy new year btw. :D where are my manners

Happy New Year to you as well!

• Like 2

Hello Retrohumanoid,

is there anyway you could make 4:3 ratio version of your theme? I recently modded an arcade 1up sf2 cab and am running big box on it. I currently am running the default theme as it is one of the only 4:3 ratio themes that works. I would love to be able to use this theme in my arcade 1up cab.

20 hours ago, ericcannon said:

Hello Retrohumanoid,

is there anyway you could make 4:3 ratio version of your theme? I recently modded an arcade 1up sf2 cab and am running big box on it. I currently am running the default theme as it is one of the only 4:3 ratio themes that works. I would love to be able to use this theme in my arcade 1up cab.

It's not the 5:4 you are looking for but there is an easy way to make it 4:3.  Edit the Themesettings.xml for main Refried theme.  Each add on has the same file you can copy and paste your edited one into.  the last 2 lines change the resolution.

I have already edited mine to the 4:3, all you need to do is change the force 16:9 to false and force 4:3 to true.  Not sure if you could change it to "Force 5x4".

<Force16X9AspectRatio>false</Force16X9AspectRatio>
    <Force4X3AspectRatio>true</Force4X3AspectRatio>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted...so I figured I would throw an update out there of what I have been up to.

Here is the status of the Refried Startup screens so far...

Logos are finished for 201 systems...

Examples:

Arcade.thumb.PNG.a7cb1e22bb93d56ae381f91c5ccb691f.PNG1809883942_SegaDreamcast.thumb.png.f84e8af4cbb907bfa13988f863f5fb38.png1390431306_SuperNintendoEntertainmentSystem.thumb.png.f6e0d22a057853e20ed8a8463b53bb0f.pngNow Loading text is finished for 160 systems (alot of them require/required custom work) ....

Examples:

MAME.thumb.png.f5d83188230154bac738100dd92fd801.pngArcade.thumb.png.11f7108fae59b793cb5b89fca3953e19.png135184454_SinclairZXSpectrum.thumb.png.9e77eaeab0f98871e7e4b7cfb0acfd49.png

Once the startup screens are finished and released,I will be working on a Refried Marquee set.

Also with the recent changes to Launchbox theme structure,Refried does not appear to be broken in its current state,but,an update will be released soon with a restructured format that will make applying the theme much easier and user friendly,as well as some minor fixes/changes/tweaks. If anyone notices anything effected by the current changes,that seems to require immediate attention,feel free to notify me ASAP. Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1