LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

4 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

I have a bunch of videos i have collected and as stated, the Hyperpi are probably the closest you will find.  only thing i dont like is the embedded logo.  Here is a sample of Atari 2600.

Thanks guys - they look exactly like what i was looking for! As you say - watermark is unfortunate, but i think i could live with it! 
Sorry for taking it slightly off topic, but where do i find these?!

Just now, vaderag said:

Thanks guys - they look exactly like what i was looking for! As you say - watermark is unfortunate, but i think i could live with it! 
Sorry for taking it slightly off topic, but where do i find these?!

I believe i found mine on arcadepunks. Could have been emumovies. Sorry, i don't remember exactly.  i have so many vids and media collected, hard to remember where i downloaded from. i can tell you they were part of a category set.  similar to the category nesting LB has.  

One issue I'm having with 2.0, and it's a minor one, is that a few of the platforms that worked for me in the previous version (Mega Drive, WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color, and PSP Minis) aren't working in 2.0.  I renamed them in LaunchBox to match the names used in Refried (which fixed it!), except for PSP Minis, which is called "Playstation Minis" in 2.0.  Is there a way for me to change the name and configs from Playstation Minis to PSP Minis in Refried?  I'd rather do that than change the platform name in Launchbox. 

Edited by Mr. Belding

1 minute ago, Mr. Belding said:

One issue I'm having with 2.0, and it's a minor one, is that a few of the platforms that worked for me in the previous version (Mega Drive, WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color, and PSP Minis) aren't working in 2.0.  I renamed them in LaunchBox to match the names used in Refried, except for PSP Minis, which is called "Playstation Minis" in 2.0.  Is there a way for me to change the name and configs from Playstation Minis to PSP Minis in Refried?  I'd rather do that than change the platform name in Launchbox. 

straight from the download page description ...

Important note**If you install this theme,and the artwork does not display properly for a platform on your system,then more than likely it is a naming conflict between your platform and the files in the theme. To fix this issue,you must locate these files and change the name to your actual platforms name:

1.Images/Theme/Background/(name of your platform that is mislabeled)

2.Images/Theme/VideoBorder/(name of your platform that is mislabeled)

If you install the Queso Fresco addon as well,then you must also rename the custom view xaml files to your platform name.

Maybe I am getting something wrong here

I removed old Refried and pasted in 2.0 - now I have got the Dreamcast addon folder I was using before and copied images/views folder to Refried 2.0 folder and it just slightly broke Dreamcast theme,

Before where I had

Refried
Refried Sega 32X
Refried Sega CD

Etc. all worked fine, not quite sure how I merge the previous addon themes to the all new all in one 2.0 Refried, im sure im doing something stupid, sorry RH

6 minutes ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Etc. all worked fine, not quite sure how I merge the previous addon themes to the all new all in one 2.0 Refried, im sure im doing something stupid, sorry RH

you dont merge the old addon themes, there are new addon themes for 2.0 that you merge into the default 2.0 theme.

2 minutes ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Maybe I am getting something wrong here

I removed old Refried and pasted in 2.0 - now I have got the Dreamcast addon folder I was using before and copied images/views folder to Refried 2.0 folder and it just slightly broke Dreamcast theme,

Before where I had

Refried
Refried Sega 32X
Refried Sega CD

literally one of the first lines in the themes description,on the download page....

*This replaces the old version of Refried entirely. DO NOT merge this new version with the old one.

• Haha 2

Just now, Ateb said:

FYI,  Just a quick note to point out a typo in the Queso Fresco Addon for the Magnavox Odyssey 2 "Addons\ _Consoles" folder.

Magnavox is being Odd...   :)

Was scratching my head why the Artwork wasn't showing for Magnavox Odyssey 2.

Capture.JPG

doh..that's 2 of them now...thanks for letting me know

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

straight from the download page description ...

Important note**If you install this theme,and the artwork does not display properly for a platform on your system,then more than likely it is a naming conflict between your platform and the files in the theme. To fix this issue,you must locate these files and change the name to your actual platforms name:

1.Images/Theme/Background/(name of your platform that is mislabeled)

2.Images/Theme/VideoBorder/(name of your platform that is mislabeled)

If you install the Queso Fresco addon as well,then you must also rename the custom view xaml files to your platform name.

I did see that on the main page, and couldn't get it to work for WonderSwan, etc.  However, I realized what I did wrong before, and it works now.  I changed all the names where you instructed, but I also changed the name of the Images/Themes/Addons/_Handhelds folder, which messed it up.  Changed it back and all is well.  Thanks! ?

7 hours ago, RetroHumanoid said:

literally one of the first lines in the themes description,on the download page....

*This replaces the old version of Refried entirely. DO NOT merge this new version with the old one.

I havent merged it with the old one. Do I need to redownload the addon themes again?

EDIT: Just read neil's post. sorry guys

Edited by zetec-s-joe

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Hope the move is going/gone well!

Can't wait any longer for those beautiful startup screens :D

Still have a bit to go,but,the move is just about finished...we have some small things to bring over still,and the landlord was nice enough to give us till the end of the month to move and clean the old place. We are moving from one of his buildings,to another one of his buildings,so he doesn't mind. I will attach some pics of the progress,and you can see what a mess it still is,lol.

• Like 1

@RetroHumanoid if it's been fixed and I missed it, I apologize. For wii u, view 3 I think (non fading clear logo view), system logo is the switch and not the wii u.  Fixed the reference in my xaml and it loads the right one now, but wanted to report it if it hasn't been mentioned. I also noticed a red ) (instead of the light blue) at the bottom of the Weel2GamesView for Wii U where the release year for the game is.

Updated post with fixes. (sorry, i am don't know how to paste the code with the colors from notepad++)

For anyone wanting to edit on their own

Line 157 of Wheel3GamesView, Nintendo Wii-U

<Image x:Name="VideoBlackScreenImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="7" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified Refried/Images/Theme/Addons/_Consoles/Nintendo Switch/_VideoBlackScreen.png" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="1" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

Change Nintendo Switch to Nintendo Wii U 

To fix the red )

Line 261 of Weel2GamesView for Wii U 

<TextBlock Text=")" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontBebasNeue}" FontSize="50" Foreground="Red" DockPanel.Dock="Left" TextAlignment="Left"

change "red" to "Cyan" and good to go.

Edited by ed20910

• 2 weeks later...