LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Redux

@wildpumpk1n Your pics show a couple different things. 1. The games image pic shows your Arcade platform is in Text Game view. Full screen videos for this theme do not work in Text view. Vertical Wheel 4 is the view for fullscreen. In your settings it does show you have chosen Vertical Wheel 4. However, you also have "Remember Separate View for each Platform" checked which means each system platform can have a different view so one could be on Vert Wheel 4 while another could be on Text. This is probably why you are not actually seeing the correct view.

Either uncheck that option and set all to Vert Wheel 4. Or if you want to have the option checked make sure you have a button or key mapped to "Change View" that way you can set each platform to the view you want separately. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 1:02 AM, Jason Carr said:

The newest beta that I just put out is the first step in fixing the issue with the Arcade playlists. Assuming testing goes well on it, we'll push out an official 9.1 fix release, and then update this theme to fix it. :)

Thanks Jason :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@wildpumpk1n Your pics show a couple different things. 1. The games image pic shows your Arcade platform is in Text Game view. Full screen videos for this theme do not work in Text view. Vertical Wheel 4 is the view for fullscreen. In your settings it does show you have chosen Vertical Wheel 4. However, you also have "Remember Separate View for each Platform" checked which means each system platform can have a different view so one could be on Vert Wheel 4 while another could be on Text. This is probably why you are not actually seeing the correct view.

Either uncheck that option and set all to Vert Wheel 4. Or if you want to have the option checked make sure you have a button or key mapped to "Change View" that way you can set each platform to the view you want separately. 

??? Lovely! Ahah, thanks for your help and sorry if it was ask before It works now, thanks a lot :)

So now, go understand why my 3dbox are like this! :D 852365320_2018-11-2312_27_19-LaunchBoxBigBox.thumb.png.300099adaf26932e1dcd09244328485a.png

I've got another trouble but its not from the theme, i dont know why my Bigbox start sometimes on screen 1 and not on 2 as a select in the settings. I will invistigate.

@Retro808

Edited by wildpumpk1n

I've installed this theme in big box and it's the first time I've used it so I apologize if this has been answered already. There are a few things I'm a little confused about.

First, as far as the gameplay videos for each individual game, where am I supposed to download that? I've only seen the platform views which I already have.

Second, I'm not sure how to display the 3d box art as well as the cartridge/spinning disc at the same time. I've tried playing around with the settings and I'm sure I'm just missing something but any help would be great. I've also edited the priorities in lunchbox for this so it should be set properly in there.

Lastly, for each platform, the game list is on the right side of the screen but is in basic font. How do I switch that to show the clear logos I have in launchbox? Thanks for your help

8 hours ago, Bobsaidwzob said:

I've installed this theme in big box and it's the first time I've used it so I apologize if this has been answered already. There are a few things I'm a little confused about.

First, as far as the gameplay videos for each individual game, where am I supposed to download that? I've only seen the platform views which I already have.

Second, I'm not sure how to display the 3d box art as well as the cartridge/spinning disc at the same time. I've tried playing around with the settings and I'm sure I'm just missing something but any help would be great. I've also edited the priorities in lunchbox for this so it should be set properly in there.

Lastly, for each platform, the game list is on the right side of the screen but is in basic font. How do I switch that to show the clear logos I have in launchbox? Thanks for your help

First) Game videos come from Emunovies but you need a paid subscription there to get them in Launchbox.

Second) Make sure you are on the correct view, only one has the box art and spinning disc.

Lastly) Same as above, sounds like you are on the Text list view, either go to options/views and change the view, or set a button to it in controller options to switch it on the fly.

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

First) Game videos come from Emunovies but you need a paid subscription there to get them in Launchbox.

Second) Make sure you are on the correct view, only one has the box art and spinning disc.

Lastly) Same as above, sounds like you are on the Text list view, either go to options/views and change the view, or set a button to it in controller options to switch it on the fly.

Thanks for the help. I did end up figuring it out with the controller buttons. Do you know if there is a way to slow down the spin rate of the discs? 

1 hour ago, Bobsaidwzob said:

Thanks for the help. I did end up figuring it out with the controller buttons. Do you know if there is a way to slow down the spin rate of the discs? 

Its in the xaml for that view, but i cant help you there im afraid, i know nothing about the xaml coding. It is slower in the other unified themes, Jason sped it up for his variant.

9 hours ago, Bobsaidwzob said:

Look for the following in the Wheel3GamesView.xaml file:

<!-- DISC ROTATE -->
            <DoubleAnimation Storyboard.TargetName="DiscImage" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[1].(RotateTransform.Angle)" From="0" To="0" BeginTime="00:00:0" Duration="00:00:00.001" />
		    <DoubleAnimation Storyboard.TargetName="DiscImage" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[1].(RotateTransform.Angle)" From="0" To="28800" BeginTime="00:00:2" Duration="00:00:8.000" RepeatBehavior="Forever">
				<DoubleAnimation.EasingFunction>
					<CubicEase EasingMode="EaseInOut" />
				</DoubleAnimation.EasingFunction>
			</DoubleAnimation>

You can change the second To="28800" property to a smaller value, or increase the second Duration parameter. If you play with those numbers you should be able to get what you're looking for. You can also take a look at the values in Cid's original Unified theme.

So this theme is essentially a background for the platform (eg: Neo Geo etc...), then with a video of a complete hyperspin theme running in miniature on the virtual model of the cabinet? I don't know if that's explained well. I've attached an image to demonstrate what I mean.

If this is the case, would it be possible to just make the video become full screen or would the size, resolution, performance be an issue?

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, ryandoesntstress said:

So this theme is essentially a background for the platform (eg: Neo Geo etc...), then with a video of a complete hyperspin theme running in miniature on the virtual model of the cabinet? I don't know if that's explained well. I've attached an image to demonstrate what I mean.

If this is the case, would it be possible to just make the video become full screen or would the size, resolution, performance be an issue?

Untitled.png

The video used depends on what you've downloaded for your collection. Those recorded videos of Hyperspin themes come from EmuMovies. There's also straight gameplay videos available from them. There are plenty of themes that just play the video fullscreen; I believe there's also a view in this theme that does the same. Just map a key or a button to "Switch View" in the Big Box options, and use it to cycle between the views.

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

The video used depends on what you've downloaded for your collection. Those recorded videos of Hyperspin themes come from EmuMovies. There's also straight gameplay videos available from them. There are plenty of themes that just play the video fullscreen; I believe there's also a view in this theme that does the same. Just map a key or a button to "Switch View" in the Big Box options, and use it to cycle between the views.

Thanks! So can they be downloaded through LB?

I had a look at the types of media I can search for in EmuMovies through LB and nothing stands out as being a theme video or hyperspin video. I do see a place on the EmuMovies website that I can go through a list and choose the ones that I want. Is this the only way currently?

I updated to the latest version 1.6 and noticed some naming issues in the Theme graphics files (e.g., logo, background, pointers) relative to the what the auto-generated playlist naming convention (at least for consoles). For example, auto-generated playlist for SNES and NES makes a "Fighting" playlist per the standard in LB DB.  However, the theme uses "Fighting Games".  It looks like all the "Games" named files are not consistent with the playlists generated (again for consoles) since they do not use the "games" wording.  Others like "Beat 'em Up" vs Beat em Up, Flying vs Flight Simulator, Action & Adventure vs Adventure (and Action which are separate in Auto Generated). It cascades to all the theme parts (borders, background, and logos) and thus the platform specific graphics are not being picked up in many cases for genres.  I started renaming to fix (or could rename the playlist) but there are quite a few changes that others will run into as well and people will bump into again if regen with auto generated names. 

Edited by sundogak

Another glitch I noticed.  I thought it was just with the arcade/mame platform but it also happens with the consoles.  If you do not have any playlists under the platform you get Snap #1 which is missing background, etc. (I refreshed images didn't make difference).

Before.thumb.png.06ecc0c2b88612308d49b7a55f553653.png

After I added playlists in platform (no changes otherwise other than refresh images) then everything works as intended:

After.thumb.png.0160c9ec491013c73c346b08e8686d2a.pngI also noticed this behavior (looks like Snap #1 at game level) in the Arcade/Mame platform even though I have playlists. 

12 hours ago, sundogak said:

I updated to the latest version 1.6 and noticed some naming issues in the Theme graphics files (e.g., logo, background, pointers) relative to the what the auto-generated playlist naming convention (at least for consoles). For example, auto-generated playlist for SNES and NES makes a "Fighting" playlist per the standard in LB DB.  However, the theme uses "Fighting Games".  It looks like all the "Games" named files are not consistent with the playlists generated (again for consoles) since they do not use the "games" wording.  Others like "Beat 'em Up" vs Beat em Up, Flying vs Flight Simulator, Action & Adventure vs Adventure (and Action which are separate in Auto Generated). It cascades to all the theme parts (borders, background, and logos) and thus the platform specific graphics are not being picked up in many cases for genres.  I started renaming to fix (or could rename the playlist) but there are quite a few changes that others will run into as well and people will bump into again if regen with auto generated names. 

This is correct and also mostly by design for the Unified Redux theme. Those genres were originally made for the arcade playlists, and thus most of them are relatively arcade-specific. For that reason, loading up an NES genre, for example, will simply use the NES theme media.

If you'd like though, you can always add platform genre-specific media, or copy some of the existing media. For example, the new files would be called "Nintendo Entertainment System Strategy.png" for strategy NES games.

12 hours ago, sundogak said:

Another glitch I noticed.  I thought it was just with the arcade/mame platform but it also happens with the consoles.  If you do not have any playlists under the platform you get Snap #1 which is missing background, etc. (I refreshed images didn't make difference).

Before.thumb.png.06ecc0c2b88612308d49b7a55f553653.png

After I added playlists in platform (no changes otherwise other than refresh images) then everything works as intended:

After.thumb.png.0160c9ec491013c73c346b08e8686d2a.pngI also noticed this behavior (looks like Snap #1 at game level) in the Arcade/Mame platform even though I have playlists. 

The game details screen has been a known issue with the Unified themes for a while now; it is on my list to tackle.

13 hours ago, ryandoesntstress said:

Thanks! So can they be downloaded through LB?

I had a look at the types of media I can search for in EmuMovies through LB and nothing stands out as being a theme video or hyperspin video. I do see a place on the EmuMovies website that I can go through a list and choose the ones that I want. Is this the only way currently?

You can download them directly through LaunchBox, while you download game media. The EmuMovies "Video - Theme" option downloads the Hyperspin themes. The "Video - Gameplay" videos are the standard gameplay videos from EmuMovies.