LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Redux

4 hours ago, Nawaf said:

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure whats the problem but my Mame playlists that i had before are not changing to the correct theme, for example if i go into my Midway Classics playlist, it reverts back to the Mame theme background, same issue with all the other mame playlists, it's working fine in Unified Redux 1.2 but not ver 1.4, each playlist had it's own background.

Platform View

Platform.thumb.jpg.aa5e7016adbed8e163d79cfffddd39bf.jpg

Game List View

1755210767_Gamelist.thumb.jpg.fb92626e2097b4cf7a4051de2c4d3c7f.jpg

Wow, I don't know how I missed that. Yeah, this is apparently an issue with version 1.3 and 1.4 of the theme. I'll look into a fix.

@Jason Carr Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I've been using this theme more (because it's fantastic!) and was wondering a couple of things. I tend to use the text-games list more than the others but there's a couple of quirks. First, I was wondering if I could use the ListBoxScrollCenter plugin where it keeps the selected game centered in the list? Also, the box dropping (effect) tends to become overwhelming after a while, and I was wondering how to remove this effect or change it to a more simple 'fade' effect?

5 hours ago, bundangdon said:

@Jason Carr Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I've been using this theme more (because it's fantastic!) and was wondering a couple of things. I tend to use the text-games list more than the others but there's a couple of quirks. First, I was wondering if I could use the ListBoxScrollCenter plugin where it keeps the selected game centered in the list? Also, the box dropping (effect) tends to become overwhelming after a while, and I was wondering how to remove this effect or change it to a more simple 'fade' effect?

I'm sure there's a way to use the ListBoxScrollCenter plugin, yes, but I'm unfamiliar with it, so I don't have any advice as far as how to do that. I would look at some other themes that do use it; it's probably not too difficult to figure out.

The animations are usually towards the top of the XAML files and are fairly clearly labeled. I think removing this will do it. I think. ;)

<!-- BOXART Y-AXIS MOVEMENT -->
            <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[3].(TranslateTransform.Y)" Storyboard.TargetName="CoverImage">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="-4320"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.9" Value="0"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1" Value="-150"/>
				<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.1" Value="0"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.15" Value="-30"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.2" Value="0"/>
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I'm sure there's a way to use the ListBoxScrollCenter plugin, yes, but I'm unfamiliar with it, so I don't have any advice as far as how to do that. I would look at some other themes that do use it; it's probably not too difficult to figure out.

The animations are usually towards the top of the XAML files and are fairly clearly labeled. I think removing this will do it. I think. ;)

<!-- BOXART Y-AXIS MOVEMENT -->
            <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[3].(TranslateTransform.Y)" Storyboard.TargetName="CoverImage">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="-4320"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.9" Value="0"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1" Value="-150"/>
				<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.1" Value="0"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.15" Value="-30"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.2" Value="0"/>
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

Thanks a lot for the fast reply! Actually, if you remove that part of the code, it also removes the box completely. However, I found a way to remove the effect and still keep the box-art, by inserting "0" for all of the values (Value="0"). Going forward, it would be nice if themes used the ListBoxScrollCenter plugin since it centers the text in the same way wheel-art is centered in other views. I've tried to implement it with this theme and other similar themes without any success so far.

12 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Thanks a lot for the fast reply! Actually, if you remove that part of the code, it also removes the box completely. However, I found a way to remove the effect and still keep the box-art, by inserting "0" for all of the values (Value="0"). Going forward, it would be nice if themes used the ListBoxScrollCenter plugin since it centers the text in the same way wheel-art is centered in other views. I've tried to implement it with this theme and other similar themes without any success so far.

I've installed it for you @bundangdon

Replace the corresponding file in the Unified Redux\Views folder with this one:

TextListView.xaml

Put the plugin DLL (unblock as needed) in the Unified Redux\Plugins directory:

ListBoxScrollCenter.dll

Here's a quick video of it working:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dbalcar said:

Is there a way to use the view to show disks that also will not show double box art when the disk image is missing?

This is only happening because of your image priority settings in LaunchBox. You'll want to remove box art from your 3D cart image priority settings.

2 minutes ago, dbalcar said:

I made that change and it still is showing box art as the disk image.  strange.  in the game Ben10 on PS2 I don't have a disk image and only have the front box image.

box art.PNG

Does that game have a mislabeled image in it? I don't think it's the image cache, but I guess I could be wrong on that.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:38 AM, Retro808 said:

@Jason Carr Is it possible to have the theme show a custom field in the area shown in the pic? I added a custom field to tell my kids if they use the "Joystick" or "GamePad" for a particular game and would love for it to either show here in the main game screen when it scrolls to this data section or at least have it show in the Game Details screen.

Control Method: Joystick

Control Method: GamePad

This is how I solved it:

• Like 1

Hello retrofangamers :)

Freshly on Bigbox  i try to make this as nice as i want... but i cant... :D

I download the theme Unified Redux + v1.4 and try to configure it with theme video but i dont know why, i've got the picture.

If you have any idea, i take :) 1204122685_2018-11-2222_52_17-LaunchBoxBigBox.thumb.png.ce98913a3dee207dca7b5476eb300a53.pngMy theme video are on the place for video, but i would like to have in fullscreen, not in a box.

2002865385_2018-11-2222_52_33-LaunchBoxBigBox.thumb.png.d3b5c60cf66fd71054f9e689413e67d7.pngThanks in advance,

Cheers :)