LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 8/17/2020 at 10:25 AM, neil9000 said:

Just one monitor/TV (assuming the Oculus Rift S doesnt count?) running at 2160p at 200% scaling. I should add the same thing happens when running at 1440p and 125 or 150 % scaling as well.

@neil9000I have always had similar issues with LB and other apps as well with a WMR headset as far as it being detected as a monitor, so much I usually keep it unplugged until I want to use it, if that helps any.

In testing 11.3 betas  (I am on 11.3-beta 14)   I have seen this issue in the last several betas where the LB would become unresponsive and you can click around but nothing works.  when you right click on a game everything is grayed out and you cannot click on another system as well.  All you can do is kill the LB task and start over.

grayed out.png

1 hour ago, dbalcar said:

In testing 11.3 betas  (I am on 11.3-beta 14)   I have seen this issue in the last several betas where the LB would become unresponsive and you can click around but nothing works.  when you right click on a game everything is grayed out and you cannot click on another system as well.  All you can do is kill the LB task and start over.

grayed out.png

What were you doing when this issue occurred? In this situation, LaunchBox is trying to catch up on some background tasks, so killing it is not a good idea. If you just wait a bit longer, it should return to normal. Still, we'd like to mitigate this situation as much as possible. Are you able to determine what you're doing that might be causing it?

Beta 15 is out now with the following:

• Fixed some rare pause/startup screen issues (primarily for Microsoft Store apps, but some other things may be affected as well)
  • Hopeful fix for @Wanderer189's VLC audio still playing issue in LaunchBox
  • Hopeful fix for the VLC video resizing issue in LaunchBox

Keep in mind that we haven't been able to replicate the bottom two issues, so I'm just hoping that they're fixed based on the changes that I made.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Keep in mind that we haven't been able to replicate the bottom two issues, so I'm just hoping that they're fixed based on the changes that I made.

Unfortunately the video resizing issue is still present, and im able to reproduce it pretty consistently also. Below are two different videos of me showing the issue, both taken from beta 15. All i have to do to reproduce is open Launchbox, dont change platforms, then click on a game, then just move your mouse through the video window and click tools, bingo, video expands.

I should note this only happens on launch, if i now click to another game, the video for that game plays, and at its correct size and i cant cause the issue again, also if i open Launchbox and change platforms before clicking on a game i also cant reproduce, so its only there when clicking on the first game on the starting platform after launch.

I made both of these videos with my Oculus disconnected also, so just one monitor connected, and via HDMI.I should add its not a particularly big deal, just irritating is all, certainly not worthy of a lot of investigation.

12 hours ago, dbalcar said:

grayed out.png

I have the exact same issue, but I haven't installed the beta yet, I'm using the stable 11.0 release. Also probably not related, but I'm using the LBPlex condensed theme.

It happens when: 1. right clicking a game; 2. when after clicking edit and view the images - pressing the >

But it is random and I can't reproduce everytime I want. Didn't count, but the chance of happening is about 5% of the time on my end. I'm adding some translated games so I'm right clicking and edit a lot.

Probably not the right place, but I have some suggestions:

. It would be nice to limit the amount of images downloaded of a category, like I got 10 ingame screenshots but I just wanted 1 and have to remove those by hand;

. An easy way as an option to choose what it comes first on the game details column. Like the screenshot before the notes, etc.

. Typing on launchbox to be similar to windows, like if type ch fast, it should be a game starting with ch, but on launchbox it goes to the last typed letter.

. Some more love to the wall view on big box, it would be awesome to have a wall view that has the same features and look close to launchbox. I tried to edit some themes to add a wall view but got discouraged that is lacking a lot of options (the zoom out when selecting a game is 3D and not at the axis of the game; selecting a game is always centered so the wall view begins scrolled down, couldn't find a way to add the names of the games in front of the boxart like in the lauchbox, sort by favorites or star rating, etc.)

Edited by Parse

18 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 15 is out now with the following:

• Fixed some rare pause/startup screen issues (primarily for Microsoft Store apps, but some other things may be affected as well)
  • Hopeful fix for @Wanderer189's VLC audio still playing issue in LaunchBox
  • Hopeful fix for the VLC video resizing issue in LaunchBox

@Jason Carr I am not 100% sure, but I think ya got it fixed in this one Jason. Been editing a couple hours without it happening a single time!!! Keep your toes crossed..:P

• Like 1

I am also still experiencing the game videos re-sizing issue as well with Beta 15.  In my previous description within this thread, I referred to it as video Glitches. Respectfully speaking, It honestly makes the front end UN useable for me at least in its current state. My scroll wheels are also experiencing artifacting, and the text inside my themes option menu keeps expanding , then de-spanding in size and the text garbles.

Ive tried everything imaginable on my end to no avail.  Only solution is to go back to 11.2 official release, then all the problems go away.  @Jason Carr also asked if I was using any Plugins in a previous reply (thank you) .... to answer that, I am Not using any plugins. My plugins folder is empty.

Does it come down to a fresh install of windows 10 for me?  I really don't think it is the OS since reverting to Previous 11.1 and 11.2 builds work fine for me.

Thanks-

Edited by MazJohn [Mr Arcade]

@neil9000 @Krakerman It's helpful to know that it doesn't happen with the Old Default theme. I've made the new Default theme match the XAML of the Old Default theme for the game details view as much as possible for the next beta, in hopes that that will fix the issue. It shouldn't, but as whack as that issue is, it might.

16 hours ago, Parse said:

I have the exact same issue, but I haven't installed the beta yet, I'm using the stable 11.0 release. Also probably not related, but I'm using the LBPlex condensed theme.

It happens when: 1. right clicking a game; 2. when after clicking edit and view the images - pressing the >

But it is random and I can't reproduce everytime I want. Didn't count, but the chance of happening is about 5% of the time on my end. I'm adding some translated games so I'm right clicking and edit a lot.

Probably not the right place, but I have some suggestions:

. It would be nice to limit the amount of images downloaded of a category, like I got 10 ingame screenshots but I just wanted 1 and have to remove those by hand;

. An easy way as an option to choose what it comes first on the game details column. Like the screenshot before the notes, etc.

. Typing on launchbox to be similar to windows, like if type ch fast, it should be a game starting with ch, but on launchbox it goes to the last typed letter.

. Some more love to the wall view on big box, it would be awesome to have a wall view that has the same features and look close to launchbox. I tried to edit some themes to add a wall view but got discouraged that is lacking a lot of options (the zoom out when selecting a game is 3D and not at the axis of the game; selecting a game is always centered so the wall view begins scrolled down, couldn't find a way to add the names of the games in front of the boxart like in the lauchbox, sort by favorites or star rating, etc.)

Have you tested the latest beta release to see if the delays have improved for you?

Per the feature requests, it would be best to put those in BitBucket (Help & Support > Request a Feature in the header). Some of them already exist though.

7 hours ago, BBuser2k said:

Hi, 

is it possible to see the Version under the box art? I can't see the version anywhere. Neither under the box art nor on the right side.Version.thumb.png.1a9c881b074fd018a56996343e7ce2d8.png

View > Show Versions will show the versions next to the game text.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, deliyuerek85 said:

Since the Beta 13 BigBox is crashing/closing when I close a game. It does not matter how I close the game (Pause Menu or button shortcut or ALT+F4). There is no error message or anything.

When I go back to Beta 12 everything is fine. This problem still exists in Beta 15.

This is weird, because when I look at the changes we made for beta 13, it doesn't make sense that any issues like this would be introduced. Can you test once more to make 100% sure that beta 12 does not have the issue, and beta 13 specifically does?

2 hours ago, MazJohn [Mr Arcade] said:

I am also still experiencing the game videos re-sizing issue as well with Beta 15.  In my previous description within this thread, I referred to it as video Glitches. Respectfully speaking, It honestly makes the front end UN useable for me at least in its current state. My scroll wheels are also experiencing artifacting, and the text inside my themes option menu keeps expanding , then de-spanding in size and the text garbles.

Ive tried everything imaginable on my end to no avail.  Only solution is to go back to 11.2 official release, then all the problems go away.  @Jason Carr also asked if I was using any Plugins in a previous reply (thank you) .... to answer that, I am Not using any plugins. My plugins folder is empty.

Does it come down to a fresh install of windows 10 for me?  I really don't think it is the OS since reverting to Previous 11.1 and 11.2 builds work fine for me.

Thanks-

It makes zero sense that the video resizing issue that @neil9000 is running into would make the frontend "UN useable". Either you have a completely different issue, or you're finding a very minor issue to be way more significant than makes sense. The video resizing issue we were discussing only happens in LaunchBox. Is your issue in LaunchBox or Big Box? It sounds like it's in Big Box.

Probably the best first step in troubleshooting your Big Box issues would be to turn on debug logging under Tools > Options > General > Debugging in LaunchBox. Then if you can send me some log files from your LaunchBox\Logs folder after running Big Box, that might help.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It makes zero sense that the video resizing issue that @neil9000 is running into would make the frontend "UN useable"

Yeah there is zero performance hit for my issue, its just unsightly is all. :) 

2 hours ago, MazJohn [Mr Arcade] said:

Jason Carr also asked if I was using any Plugins in a previous reply (thank you) .... to answer that, I am Not using any plugins. My plugins folder is empty.

Themes themselves can use plugins and they store them in the themes folder, not the Plugins folder. What Bigbox theme are you using?

32 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It makes zero sense that the video resizing issue that @neil9000 is running into would make the frontend "UN useable". Either you have a completely different issue, or you're finding a very minor issue to be way more significant than makes sense. The video resizing issue we were discussing only happens in LaunchBox. Is your issue in LaunchBox or Big Box? It sounds like it's in Big Box.

Probably the best first step in troubleshooting your Big Box issues would be to turn on debug logging under Tools > Options > General > Debugging in LaunchBox. Then if you can send me some log files from your LaunchBox\Logs folder after running Big Box, that might help.

1.jpg.6a2e17c1e8c645e2af187dcd92a12ec3.jpg2.jpg.70e6b65261e5e5b11fff4da6b6eab304.jpgscreenshots attached showing garbled text or missing text. occurs as you scroll through menu list. This happens on all 3 themes that I currently use which include unified, Unified Redux, and Unified Refried.  Logs enabled and attached after booting into Big Box for a short time.  Issue has nothing to do with "Launchbox" .... it happens in BigBox only. Game video glitching is hard to screen cap because it keeps resizing in and out very quickly.  I wasnt aware themes had their own plugins such as as stated by @Neil9000 so i guess i will check that next.   Thanks.

* Update -  My Themes folder includes the following plugins:

1- unified.hyperbox.dll (in unified and unified redux)

2- unified.hyperbox.dll +unbroken.launchbox.plugins.PrioritizedPathSelector.Dll + Helpercontrol.v4.dll+ Newtonsoft.json.dll

Logs.zip

Edited by MazJohn [Mr Arcade]