LaunchBox Community Forums

11.10 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Having Issue with betas 8 & 9... not able to use "launch with" and choose a retroarch core...  games do not boot with any core when using "Launch with"..

When using default core game boots properly, but with "launch with" the default core does not boot the game.  I've been using "Launch with" for a long time without any problems before. Not sure if this is already a known issue or not , so just sharing.

Note : the above issue only occurs with Bigbox - Launchbox not experiencing this issue.

Edited by MazJohn [Mr Arcade]
clarification note

9 hours ago, MazJohn [Mr Arcade] said:

Having Issue with betas 8 & 9... not able to use "launch with" and choose a retroarch core...  games do not boot with any core when using "Launch with"..

When using default core game boots properly, but with "launch with" the default core does not boot the game.  I've been using "Launch with" for a long time without any problems before. Not sure if this is already a known issue or not , so just sharing.

Note : the above issue only occurs with Bigbox - Launchbox not experiencing this issue.

Confirmed here on beta 9, it just sits at this screen no matter which core option you choose, nothing happens at all.

image.thumb.png.da551a9d6238a1d9146683541e58edba.png

Edit:

I should note i have the game details screen disabled in the options and use my Start button to bring it up, just in case its related to it not being enabled by default.

Edited by neil9000

39 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@MazJohn [Mr Arcade] @neil9000 Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue you are reporting. Could either of you ensure that your debug log is on and try to use the "Launch With..." like you are describing, let it fail (or not respond) then close Big Box and send me the most recent log in your \\LaunchBox\Logs\ folder?

Disregard. I'm pretty confident I have found the reason for this behavior. Thanks for the report.

Thanks so much for the update!  I was making a Wall View based-theme before this, and I can tell already that performance has improved dramatically.  No more hitching between videos as they switch.  Also not encountering a nasty never-ending video playback bug I used to.

I'll have to go back to working on it now that the update is out.  Lots of ways I'd like to improve it.

Edited by crispy4000

@Jason Carr @C-Beats WallView with FlowVideo enabled still has the issue where rows will move closer together (overlap each other) and further apart if you navigate up and then down. Or, down and then up.

It becomes very obvious the less space that you have between rows. If you use the default theme with WallView2 and adjust the theme so there's less space between the rows, you'll see it happen pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, bbweiners said:

@Jason Carr @C-Beats WallView with FlowVideo enabled still has the issue where rows will move closer together (overlap each other) and further apart if you navigate up and then down. Or, down and then up.

It becomes very obvious the less space that you have between rows. If you use the default theme with WallView2 and adjust the theme so there's less space between the rows, you'll see it happen pretty quickly.

You mean while animating, or you see this even after the items have stopped?

Just now, bbweiners said:

While animating.

It's also only while using FlowVideo. If FlowVideo is disabled, it goes away completely.

I'm fairly certain that is because it takes longer for the BeginAnimation calls to process so by the time the last one is told to process, the first one has already moved a bit. I have plans on how I could potentially battle that but it will take a bit to get it all implemented. If you reduce the number of items in the wall does it improve the issue for you? If so it would help prove that is what is going on.

When bulk editing in 11.10, nothing will set if you do more than 1 edit.

You need to do one then close, then open it up again and do the next edit (e.g I wanted to add startup and shutdown and it would not do it, no matter how many times I tried until I tried startup then finished, then went back to do shutdown.

BulkEdit wasn't touched this release so if there is an issue it isn't new. Could you please use the Help & Support link above to report the issue and give us details of the steps you are taking and what the outcome was so we can try to replicate and correct.

21 hours ago, C-Beats said:

BulkEdit wasn't touched this release so if there is an issue it isn't new. Could you please use the Help & Support link above to report the issue and give us details of the steps you are taking and what the outcome was so we can try to replicate and correct.

Will do.

Thanks

Okay, so I'm still having problems with clear logos and text not loading correctly in the Game Wheel and sometimes the Platform Wheel too, especially when it comes to the Atari 7800 clear logo not wanting to show up at times.

Also when I exit MAME, I have to Alt+Tab things back to focusing on BigBox. Not only am I having this issue on my ThinkCenter, but also on my Wife @Haydee's MSI Laptop too.

I've also noticed the Pause Menu will show up in Redream when I have it set to the Guide/Home button, but when I choose to Exit Game, it just takes me back to Redream instead. VisualBoyAdvance-M is also doing the same thing about the Pause Menu

I'm sure there are some having quite a headache at times when you scrap to update the Metadata of a game, and are getting things from the wrong region set to games, even if maybe in the Games DB you see they are set properly to the Region it belongs to, and so is the game you have within LaunchBox too, but still get the wrong stuff anyway. Sometimes even times where the same piece of art plays tug of war with each other such as deleting European artwork from a North American game and leaving the proper North American artwork alone, only to find out the European version of the same name has only North American artwork in it because of what you did to the North American version of it. This sometimes happens with video clips too

These are just a few issues I'm coming across so far from memory, but I will try update any further issues I have when I'm able to

Edited by RULLUR