LaunchBox Community Forums

12.10 Beta Testing

faeran

On 4/15/2022 at 3:06 PM, erdybirdy53. said:

•  

Hi all, I am getting the following error after launching Bigbox on latest Beta 4 (please see attached screenshot). Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.

Bigbox.jpg

•  

neil9000

Thats a theme issue, specifically Retrofresh - Detailed glass view, its saying it cant find a specific file its looking for in the Retrofresh folder, specifically the xaml, which is the actual view code. Can you verify that the specific file it says it cant find is actually there?

•  

erdybirdy53.

Hi yes the file is HorizontalListBoxItemStyle.xaml which shows in my file directory. I have attached screenshot to show this. This has only happened since downloading the latest beta. Thank you.

Bigbox.jpg

•  

erdybirdy53.

• Author

Ok just found out that if I launch Launchbox latest beta first, then launch Bigbox from there it works fine. But if I come out and go straight into Bigbox i get the error above. Weird. Hope that helps to troubleshoot. Thanks.

Edited 3 hours ago by erdybirdy53.

Hi all, I’m getting the same error as erdybirdy since downloading the 4th beta. I’m using the City Hunter theme. I reproduced the error; load into BB directly when starting Windows and it pops the error, but if I start LB and then load BB it works fine.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is specific to beta, but all of a sudden I seem to have issues downloading Steam screenshots:

steam_screenshots_download_error.thumb.png.7bb2d87583f9fa7403bcaf5c01255a07.png

First I thought there was an issue with my API key, but I don't seem to have problems importing Steam games/posters/videos...except for screenshots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadowfire said:

Not sure if this is specific to beta, but all of a sudden I seem to have issues downloading Steam screenshots:

steam_screenshots_download_error.thumb.png.7bb2d87583f9fa7403bcaf5c01255a07.png

First I thought there was an issue with my API key, but I don't seem to have problems importing Steam games/posters/videos...except for screenshots.

I'm having the same issue with EmuMovies stuff. Like it takes forever to connect, and then just as soon as you are able to see the list and check what you want, it almost most of the time then gives you and error that they were not able to download them. With the Launchbox Games DB it's also having issues where everything isn't being listed even days after they all got voted in and Metadata was updated several times over. Not sure what's up with all that since Downloading Media was recently made to go faster than before, but now seems broken on many levels, and I've made mentions of it a few times only to get no real response back about it either

3 hours ago, RULLUR said:

I'm having the same issue with EmuMovies stuff. Like it takes forever to connect, and then just as soon as you are able to see the list and check what you want, it almost most of the time then gives you and error that they were not able to download them. With the Launchbox Games DB it's also having issues where everything isn't being listed even days after they all got voted in and Metadata was updated several times over. Not sure what's up with all that since Downloading Media was recently made to go faster than before, but now seems broken on many levels, and I've made mentions of it a few times only to get no real response back about it either

1 hour ago, gig71 said:

It Happens to me too.

Yes, there are known issues with EmuMovies that's being worked through. I would refer to either of these posts for more information:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey! Love the addition to be able to manage LB themes directly from within the application!

A small UI update (on the left bar) to be able to see which theme is in use right now would be a nice addition.

Perhaps a green checkbox or something similar?

I know you can see which theme is the current one by highlighting it, but it would make more sense to see it on the left side.

Am I making sense?

image.thumb.png.340dd7ce769b20a46ae5403754aa245c.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Hey! Love the addition to be able to manage LB themes directly from within the application!

A small UI update (on the left bar) to be able to see which theme is in use right now would be a nice addition.

Perhaps a green checkbox or something similar?

I know you can see which theme is the current one by highlighting it, but it would make more sense to see it on the left side.

Am I making sense?

image.thumb.png.340dd7ce769b20a46ae5403754aa245c.png

Yeah something like that could be helpful. Completely unrelated but you may want to remove the Neon Deluxe Arcade Startup theme from your folder (or use the manager to uninstall it). Startup themes go in an entirely different folder and if you accidently try to use it as the main theme you are going to run into issues down the road. Also on an unrelated side note, you don't have any of MY themes downloaded... what gives!? (lol jk)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah something like that could be helpful. Completely unrelated but you may want to remove the Neon Deluxe Arcade Startup theme from your folder (or use the manager to uninstall it). Startup themes go in an entirely different folder and if you accidently try to use it as the main theme you are going to run into issues down the road. Also on an unrelated side note, you don't have any of MY themes downloaded... what gives!? (lol jk)

Not sure how the Neon Deluxe Arcade Startup ended up in there, I've removed it :D

Not sure what you mean, I'm using your theme ;)

LaunchBox_2ROVjQfqQE.thumb.png.2eb123c9cf9616d8f580aac70a6e590d.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Not sure how the Neon Deluxe Arcade Startup ended up in there, I've removed it :D

Not sure what you mean, I'm using your theme ;)

LaunchBox_2ROVjQfqQE.thumb.png.2eb123c9cf9616d8f580aac70a6e590d.png

lol we all know it it was just long enough to take the picture, but I appreciate the sentiment anyway. May even use it to rub in @faerans face that MINE is the theme you're using and you don't even have a single one of HIS installed! ;D

• Like 1

Found a bug in 12.10 Beta 4 this evening.

I have my MAME .240 set as "split" and 7zipped.   (filename.7z)
I can import and run them from Launchbox / BigBox just fine.   If I do a "Scan for Removed Roms..."   (all platforms or any platform) it thinks that all my MAME roms are gone.

On my other cabinet where the MAME .240 set is regular zipped (filename.zip), the scanner does not have this issue.   

Seems to not recognize 7z as a valid filename in regards to scanning for removed roms.

Not sure I see this as a bug. If you look at your games application path I would assume the file extension is ZIP not 7z, and so LaunchBox doesn't see the item in the folder and marks it as removed. I will say unless MAME has changed recently or a RetroArch core is around that supports it 7z isn't a supported file extension for that emulator and you could very easily run into problems having your games in a 7z archive instead of zip.

50 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Not sure I see this as a bug. If you look at your games application path I would assume the file extension is ZIP not 7z, and so LaunchBox doesn't see the item in the folder and marks it as removed. I will say unless MAME has changed recently or a RetroArch core is around that supports it 7z isn't a supported file extension for that emulator and you could very easily run into problems having your games in a 7z archive instead of zip.

MAME has supported 7z for 10 years, clr mame pro lets you re-package in either .zip or .7z also.

Just now, neil9000 said:

MAME has supported 7z for 10 years, clr mame pro lets you re-package in either .zip or .7z also.

Good to know. I was under the impression it had to be ZIP. Well then ignore that part of the statement. I do know Full Set importer always makes the extension zip (because that's what they are distributed in) and so if scanning for removed after you do the conversion you will run into issues since you did change the file.

32 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Good to know. I was under the impression it had to be ZIP. Well then ignore that part of the statement. I do know Full Set importer always makes the extension zip (because that's what they are distributed in) and so if scanning for removed after you do the conversion you will run into issues since you did change the file.

You can save around 8 - 10 GB of space if you repackage into 7z.  Even more if you move to a MERGE set.   I always repackage ROMS because the 'full sets' you download from out there are never actually complete, but that's a topic for another thread.  :)  

Launchbox MAME importer happily imported my set as 7z, and will happily re-import it after it thinks its not there anymore.   And you're correct, the metadata for a game shows it with a .ZIP extension.   So basically somewhere in the import process it appears to be hard coded to .ZIP.   Here is a link to the official mame docs showing archive support:  https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/assetsearch.html

Fair enough.  I'll just switch my set back to ZIP.  (Still have a backup). I don't want go XML hacking, at least not right yet. 

Its kind of odd though - since every other platform in LB doesn't care about file extensions.   Maybe add a note to the import page "Files are expected to be in ZIP format" or something. 

It would still work as 7z, just need to make sure LaunchBox knows to look for it. We haven't ever really ran into the issue because the sets have always been distributed as .zip, you have to manually alter the files to have them as 7z in most cases.