LaunchBox Community Forums

13.2 Beta Thread

faeran

3 hours ago, OfficialRULLUR said:

I love the new icons in Launchbox, but seems the Platform I call "Plug n Play" shows an Arcade Cabinet icon, but I think because it scraps as Arcade and doesn't help we pretty much don't seem to actually have a place in the Games DB for things like those JAKKS Pacific TV Games which I think things like that and the Tiger Handhelds and so many other things like that are getting thrown in as "Nintendo Game & Watch" even though none of those are even from Nintendo. Is there a way perhaps we can add new Platforms like that to the Games DB so that they can scrape correctly and have a proper icon next to them? I'm aware the next issue that will need to be treated after that is how we turn things like those into a proper 3D Model, but at least we could classify those types of TV Games and Handhelds better. My guess is hopefully we can later have a feature to decide per Platform which ones get the 3D Model treatment or not?

Have you checked you have a "Platform Icon" image named after your "Plug n Play" platform (Launchbox\Images\Platform Icons\Platforms folder). Scrape As would not matter if you do. Less common platforms, let alone custom names a user would/could create will always need manual image additions by the user/community. 

I just created that platform to test and copied the Game Boy Color icon renaming to "Plug n Play" and works without issue. 

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 8.13.29 AM.png

7 hours ago, kurzih said:

Thank you for adding the missing "Box - Spine" in Audit. But it doesn't work as it should :/

It's not sorting when you click the header and it does not open the entry when you click it.

Thanks for the report. Looks like I was able to see the sorting issue, but only when auditing all games. When auditing a specific platform it works as intended. However, I was unable to recreate the issue of the image not opening when you click on one of the entries. Each time I tried it would open the spine image just fine.

Maybe you can explain more specifically what section of LaunchBox you are in when entering into the Audit window and how you enter into it. Any other details you can think of would be helpful as well.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Thanks for the report. Looks like I was able to see the sorting issue, but only when auditing all games. When auditing a specific platform it works as intended. However, I was unable to recreate the issue of the image not opening when you click on one of the entries. Each time I tried it would open the spine image just fine.

Maybe you can explain more specifically what section of LaunchBox you are in when entering into the Audit window and how you enter into it. Any other details you can think of would be helpful as well.

Yes, of course:

I've only tried with platform specific Audit. If I press the header, it doesn't sort to numeric value (on top there should be entries with the most spines and then if I press the header again it should show entries with the least spines (or 0).

image.thumb.png.02c09f8536bf1a446419e508922d32fe.png

And when sorting works it should look like this:

image.thumb.png.bac523493da94ec24a74e0da812228b6.png

Sorry, the click actually DOES open the spine if one exists - I thought/remembered it would open the edit window if the value was "0".

Is there a way to disable the RetroAchievements hashing? The way it worked before was actually a really useful way of finding out if achievements had been added to one of your games, if you didn't have the right ROM.

The way it works now, you'd basically only find out there were achievements for that game if you actively browse the RetroAchievements site, unless you happen to have the exact right ROM to begin with. It was just a bit easier before! :D

2 minutes ago, The_Keeper86 said:

The new achievements feature doesn't seem to work for CHDs which are supported and work in Retroarch.

It does work, but I have noticed that their app sometimes has a hard time finding the data it needs to generate the hash sometimes. If you look in your data files if the hash value is "COULDNTHASH" then the app threw an error trying to hash your file because of this issue

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kurzih said:

Yes, of course:

I've only tried with platform specific Audit. If I press the header, it doesn't sort to numeric value (on top there should be entries with the most spines and then if I press the header again it should show entries with the least spines (or 0).

image.thumb.png.02c09f8536bf1a446419e508922d32fe.png

And when sorting works it should look like this:

image.thumb.png.bac523493da94ec24a74e0da812228b6.png

Sorry, the click actually DOES open the spine if one exists - I thought/remembered it would open the edit window if the value was "0".

Thanks for the insight. It does appear to be an intermittent issue, but either way we'll get it fixed.

1 hour ago, Knowcontrol said:

Thanks, yes, I'm assuming that since it's an intermittent issue, it was tested in a way that it wasn't failing on our end. Now that we have a way to reproduce it, we'll be able to get it fixed.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

It does work, but I have noticed that their app sometimes has a hard time finding the data it needs to generate the hash sometimes. If you look in your data files if the hash value is "COULDNTHASH" then the app threw an error trying to hash your file because of this issue

Thanks, I did go back through some of my CHDs and some do get picked up some others that do have achievements didn't. So I guess its on their end like you said.

Hey guys. As of 13.2, I found a badge bug in LB which only shows itself on the Nintendo DS platform. So I've imported a complete set of DS roms that are compatible with RA but the trophy badge doesn't appear after scanning unless I select/highlight a game so that the achievements show in the game details panel and then press CTRL+R to refresh the view and only then does the badge appear for that game and if I re-scan my ds collection for achievements, the badges that show after doing the above get reset and disappear again and I have to repeat the above process all over again to see the badge. Let me know if you need screenshots.

7 hours ago, xevious1974 said:

To enable retroachievements badges, do I need to scan ALL the games? 

I scanned only few platforms and if I try to enable badges it says that some games werent scanned. 

If you enter a view that has games that haven't been scanned the badge will shut off by default and raise a notification telling you that since the data could be inaccurate the badge was shut off. You can turn off this functionality in the Options menu by going to the integrations section and then clicking in the Steam, GOG, or RetroAchievements section and checking the bottom most check box.

20 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

If you enter a view that has games that haven't been scanned the badge will shut off by default and raise a notification telling you that since the data could be inaccurate the badge was shut off. You can turn off this functionality in the Options menu by going to the integrations section and then clicking in the Steam, GOG, or RetroAchievements section and checking the bottom most check box.

thank you very much!
the box says "not recommended"

Maybe I'll finish to scan...I have 211327 entries but I am doing it ^_^ ( I have 100k of useless web games...soon or later I'll delete them ahahah), so I am doing scan platform by platform

Thank you very much and sorry my noobish

1 minute ago, xevious1974 said:

thank you very much!
the box says "not recommended"

Maybe I'll finish to scan...I have 211327 entries but I am doing it ^_^ ( I have 100k of useless web games...soon or later I'll delete them ahahah), so I am doing scan platform by platform

Thank you very much and sorry my noobish

Scan should skip any platform that RetroAchievements doesn't support or doesn't have achievements for. So may say it's scanning them but once it gets to that platform just skip them all

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Scan should skip any platform that RetroAchievements doesn't support or doesn't have achievements for. So may say it's scanning them but once it gets to that platform just skip them all

another great info! I try it now then, I am just curious ^_^

I have been having this occur more often recently. Minor inconvenience since a simple close and reattempt to open the Edit Game window resolves this funny business.  Seems to occur if this Edit Game window pops up before everything updates on the right hand side bar.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d8e835c4c3b7d3a194d2acfb6a31ed41.PNG

Hey guys. I hope Im in the right spot. I left a comment on the YouTube video for the 13.2 update and was advised to reach out on the forums. Basically my issue is that the other day I opened my launchbox to tinker with some stuff and was specifically look at my gba games. I was looking at Metroid Zero Mission and it showed the achievement list on launchbox. Immediately after that I got the notification to download the latest version which I did. Once it was finished now a lot of my games are showing that there are no achievements on the launchbox program which is unfortunate but they still show up correctly when I launch the game in Retroarch. Its not a big deal per say but I liked being able to view the achievement lists for games before launching them.