LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL platform video set 2.1.5

(13 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS IT ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. I hope you like it ! ?
Here are planned development axes:

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.fed9b06df75df2a59326dc522e4b2af0.jpg

# HERE IS COLORFUL PLATFORM VIDEO SET:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Platform Video Set:
A complete new series of platform video for our frontend!
Colorful is a modern and elegant way to present each platform, with its hardware of the time. With maximum accuracy and future proof. (4K video) 

# I NEED YOUR HELP PATREON ?
I will make a first batch of 65 systems, according to my personal use.
But we are far from covering any game system!
If the community doesnt take over the creation, 2 choices:   the project stops  /or/  I finish it.
Problem, creating these videos takes a loooooot of time. And I have to deal with a full-time CGI artist job and 2 young kids.
So I opened a Patreon page that could allow me to dedicate days on my work time to continue creating video.
I'm not trying to get rich, but like everyone else, I cant spend 1 day/week working for free! I hope you understand.
If the project interests you: Here is my Patreon page.

Colorful_video_set_detail_by_viking.thumb.png.7dae58fccf97422fecda2c114aea0409.png# IN DETAIL ?
Obviously, Colorful is a direct legacy of my previous video set "Nostalgia". But improved on all aspects:

• Centred design with colorful background, according to the platform. (theme/logo/box/design)
  • 4K video (3840x2160px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • HD video (1920x1080px) @ 30fps (MP4 H264 AAC)
  • Only available in 16:9, but design compatible with 4:3 crop.
  • All designs are completly rebuilt.
  • More care of details.
  • More TV variety and better accuracy.
  • Arcade cabinet fully made in CGI, by myself. More variety and better accuracy.
  • Added characteristic effect on CRT TV.
  • Added platform boot screen. (if existing)
  • All sources will be available soon. (Community effort!)

# ABOUT CODEC FORMAT ?
Initially, I was thinking of working in H265, more modern for 4K. But after talking with Jason, this is problematic on some old configuration and with Windows Media Player, which doesn't support it.
So, I will leave you the choice!

• 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h264 AAC 
  • 4K | 3840x2160 | mp4 h265 AAC   (only on EmuMovies FTP)
  • HD | 1920x1080 | mp4 h264 AAC

- On this download page = Only 4K - h264
 -
On Download theme videos tools = both, 4K + HD version
 -
On EmuMovies FTP = The 3 versions!

# A PREVIEW OF ALL THIS ?

Colorful_video_set_by_viking.thumb.jpg.d611cb3280cc2f0a2f470b30a179b966.jpg

# A COMMUNITY EFFORT ? 
Yes, all sources are available on a dedicated page.  Everyone can create their own videos that will be included here, in this set. 
Some rules to follow:
  - Advertise on this thread which platform you want to achieve.
  - Post the work in progress on the same thread, for exchange/feedback.
  - Post the final video + sources on the same thread or by MP. To avoid scattering and centralize everything here.
  - I will moderate the general quality of your proposals for a coherent result.
So, I acting like a modertor on this thread.

Do you want to participate? Cool !! I post soon a guideline tutorial !

🏆 Community Wall of Fame 🏆

# OK, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
3 ways :

1. One by one - right here, with the download button at the top right.
  2. Automatically - in LaunchBox > Tools > Download theme videos tools > Select "Colorful 4K" or "Colorful HD"
  3. By batch - On the Emumovies   FTP ://Official/Platform Videos/COLORFUL Platform Video Set by VIKING V2

selection_video_set.thumb.jpg.e971069d2e3e312a954df6f74a5a2406.jpg

# SPECIAL THANKS : 

• @Jason Carr for his hard work on LaunchBox/BigBox!
  • @faeran for his huge work on the theme!
  • To all Patreon guys! A GIANT THANKS to all of you!!! ?
  • The whote community for yout support!

# SOURCES - COPYRIGHT :

• Each brand of hardware and software here represented as a tribute.
  • Emumovies for (most) gameplay videos
  • The Vanamo Online Game Museum for (most) photos.
  • If special credit, see .TXT file in the corresponding source archive.

Edited by viking

What's New in Version 2.1.5   See changelog

Released

Little UPDATE today  =)
Thank you for your patience!

• Like 51
  • Thanks 22
  • Game On 2
  • Haha 1
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks so much for this marvelous theme. It matches perfectly with Arctic Zephyr in Kodi. I noticed one minor mistake: the Sega Genesis's 4K platform video has a red background while the theme shows a green color for the menu. Could you match the colors for Sega Genesis? Thanks!image.thumb.png.bc600b92a6208f19af6ed9543aed91c8.png 

please add platform (arcade) category videos. i want to enjoy more of your videos, but i only play arcade :/ i beg you!^^ 

imho your work (themes/videos) is designwise perfect / a dream come true - thanks for your effort!

Great Theme, Would you Kindly make a video for Nintendo SNES MSU-1 thats the only one platform that is left for my collection, Thanks

also... if you are not going to make anymore nostalgia videos you should make colorful videos with the platform on the right side of the screen in 16:9 and another one with platforms in 4:3 so we can use them on older themes that recomend using the nostagia videos

Edited by DragoonDemon4

14 hours ago, pwn said:

please add platform (arcade) category videos. i want to enjoy more of your videos, but i only play arcade :/ i beg you!^^ 

imho your work (themes/videos) is designwise perfect / a dream come true - thanks for your effort!

Work in progress ? I'll post preview later today.

8 hours ago, DragoonDemon4 said:

Great Theme, Would you Kindly make a video for Nintendo SNES MSU-1 thats the only one platform that is left for my collection, Thanks

also... if you are not going to make anymore nostalgia videos you should make colorful videos with the platform on the right side of the screen in 16:9 and another one with platforms in 4:3 so we can use them on older themes that recomend using the nostagia videos

SNES MSU-1 as a different hardware ?? I can't find anything about this.

No, there will be no other version of Colorful videos.
Are you talking about BigCouch theme? This one deserves a total rewrite from scratch. Maybe I'll do a version for Nostalgia and for Colorful.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2020 at 2:43 AM, viking said:

Work in progress ? I'll post preview later today.

SNES MSU-1 as a different hardware ?? I can't find anything about this.

No, there will be no other version of Colorful videos.
Are you talking about BigCouch theme? This one deserves a total rewrite from scratch. Maybe I'll do a version for Nostalgia and for Colorful.

Yes, a version for nostalgia and colorful of the nes msu-1 would be great, and msu-1 is a platform in unified refried, they use the photos of the Nintendo PlayStation for that so using that console is a great option for the video, and another thing, the Sega genesis video is in red but the colorful theme is the same blue as mega drive my launch box is on a windows us edition in English, maybe making a genesis blue video, and the same genesis video isn't on the emu movies ftp folder I use the HD version of the videos and it would be nice to have the Sega genesis video in hd and in color blue on the emu movies folder.

Brilliant work my friend... and please dont´forget  in this project to include our loved ones homes computers (Sinclair Zx Spectrum-Amstrad CPC- Commodere 64) :)

On 8/24/2020 at 3:30 AM, viking said:

Thx @Hifihedgehog !

You can find your answer here :

This would be fixed in next update ;)

Just tried this. For some reason, even after clearing the image cache and reapplying the theme, the color is now blue, not red.
image.thumb.png.bafe3715f20ed792a812b26f242c8e88.png

Edited by Hifihedgehog

Hi all.

Thank you viking for the nice comments. Yes the drop shadow on the jaguar was me trying 2 different shadows and by mistake having both layers on when I saved is as a png. Oops
Anyway I've moved it to the right thread now, sorry about that. ?

Edited by Hazuki

Nice Hazuki !!!

From my smartphone, it's perfect. Just the Jaguar drop shadow look a little strange. I'll take a closer look from my PC later next week. (I take some day off)

Just please, post on ressources topic thread ?

Again : NICE WORK !!!!! ?

Edited by viking

thanks for the update (UPDATE : +15  PLATFORM VIDEO ) - downloaded, tested, was felt to be perfect. ❤️

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 12:09 AM, Hifihedgehog said:

Just tried this. For some reason, even after clearing the image cache and reapplying the theme, the color is now blue, not red.
image.thumb.png.bafe3715f20ed792a812b26f242c8e88.png

There is often confusion for this platform. Between MEGADRIVE (Blue) and GENESIS (red). Have you setup the correct platform in LB?
You can manually change the color with a simple text editor. Be careful, each update may break your changes.

LaunchBox \ Themes \ Colorful - XXX \ Plugins \ Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a \ AssemblyConfig > Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config

You can try to swap the color codes here:
      <add key="Platform.SEGA_GENESIS" value="#b72c2f" />
      <add key="Platform.SEGA_MEGA_DRIVE" value="#0e7acd" />

• Like 1

Love these and can't wait for the Colorful version of Inteliivision as it's the last one I need.  For anyone else waiting on this, the Nostalgia 4:3 version works great with the Colorful theme.

Edited by myric227

@viking DUDE absolutely amazing stuff, I was just about to change over but noticed a few systems I have aren't supported (yet!)

Are you planning on doing:

PC Engine

PC Engine CD? 

SNES MSU-1?

51 minutes ago, zartan13 said:

@viking DUDE absolutely amazing stuff, I was just about to change over but noticed a few systems I have aren't supported (yet!)

PC Engine

PC Engine CD? 

SNES MSU-1?

You can use his Nostalgia 4:3 videos until the Colorful versions are made.  The backgrounds are all grey, but match the theme.  Not sure if there is one for SNES MSU-1 though.  You'll want to use the 4:3 versions as the 16:9 videos do not have the systems in the middle of the video, preventing it from cropping properly. Edit: I found the SNES MSU-1 at 

Edited by myric227
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, myric227 said:

You can use his Nostalgia 4:3 videos until the Colorful versions are made.  The backgrounds are all grey, but match the theme.  Not sure if there is one for SNES MSU-1 though.  You'll want to use the 4:3 versions as the 16:9 videos do not have the systems in the middle of the video, preventing it from cropping properly. Edit: I found the SNES MSU-1 at 

Thank you! I will experiment with this :)

Hi, I'm really loving this theme, it looks fantastic. My only niggle with it is the speed of transitions when moving from one platform to another. It's about twice as long as I'd like it to be, and makes it seem like the system is running slowly. I'm sure it's not because I'm running it on a brand new machine with a decent i7 and 16GB RAM. Long story short - is there a way to increase the speed? Thanks!

On 11/23/2020 at 9:51 PM, zartan13 said:

PC Engine

PC Engine CD? 

SNES MSU-1?

Yes, it is planned!
I know I am very slow at the moment. A lot of work that keeps me busy. Sorry about that.
I'm probably going to take a "break" from the Arcade video series, to do more regular platform.

15 hours ago, decorativeed said:

Hi, I'm really loving this theme, it looks fantastic. My only niggle with it is the speed of transitions when moving from one platform to another. It's about twice as long as I'd like it to be, and makes it seem like the system is running slowly. I'm sure it's not because I'm running it on a brand new machine with a decent i7 and 16GB RAM. Long story short - is there a way to increase the speed? Thanks!

If you have the same speed as on my presentation video, there is no slowdown due to your configuration.
The "problem" is that the speed is animated for each element. So you have to change allllllll the animation code and readjust everything to change the speed.
I can try to find a way to adjust the speed with 1 single variable. It might be a good idea! I add it to my ToDO.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 12:41 AM, viking said:

Yes, it is planned!
I know I am very slow at the moment. A lot of work that keeps me busy. Sorry about that.
I'm probably going to take a "break" from the Arcade video series, to do more regular platform.

If you have the same speed as on my presentation video, there is no slowdown due to your configuration.
The "problem" is that the speed is animated for each element. So you have to change allllllll the animation code and readjust everything to change the speed.
I can try to find a way to adjust the speed with 1 single variable. It might be a good idea! I add it to my ToDO.

For speed of transitions, I found good example and made video. It's fast and simple! Look how red color part pushes main screen to the right. (Just as video in center move to right)  It'd be great if there's option for normal or fast transition maybe? I wish I knew how to code... Hope this helps, Viking.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 8:41 AM, viking said:

Thanks for the reply. I actually don't think it is running at the same speed as the presentation video, now you mention it. It is slower and much less smooth. What could be causing this?

Thanks a lot for you great work in this theme and videos @viking !!

I would like to suggest you create videos for Capcom Classics and SNK Classics without CPS or MVS games.

It would also be nice to have exclusive arcade videos for Mame and FinalBurn platforms, focusing on different titles outside Capcom and SNK.

I would also love to see a PC Engine CD video with original console and its classic interface unit. Please !!?

Edited by soqueroeu

On 12/8/2020 at 12:03 AM, decorativeed said:

Thanks for the reply. I actually don't think it is running at the same speed as the presentation video, now you mention it. It is slower and much less smooth. What could be causing this?

Honestly, I don't know. Are you using a slow drive to store LaunchBox and its media? A network drive?
I remind you that the design of my theme, with its large fullscreen animation, pushes XAML to its limits. (acording Microsoft's doc)

9 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

Thanks a lot for you great work in this theme and videos @viking !!

I would like to suggest you create videos for Capcom Classics and SNK Classics without CPS or MVS games.

It would also be nice to have exclusive arcade videos for Mame and FinalBurn platforms, focusing on different titles outside Capcom and SNK.

I would also love to see a PC Engine CD video with original console and its classic interface unit. Please !!?

For the gameplay videos, I use the EmuMovie video as much as possible.
Because I don't have the knowledge to make a custom for each platform and because it will take too long.  (I'm already sooooo slow ... ^^)

PC Engine (+CD) are planned. But I'm not sure I understand your "interface" story. Do you have a link to explain to me?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, viking said:

For the gameplay videos, I use the EmuMovie video as much as possible.
Because I don't have the knowledge to make a custom for each platform and because it will take too long.  (I'm already sooooo slow ... ^^)

PC Engine (+CD) are planned. But I'm not sure I understand your "interface" story. Do you have a link to explain to me?

Thanks for your answer
The first CDROM add on  for the PC Engine, was released only in Japan and came in a suitcase. Here:

PCEset2.thumb.png.31052b82161f652b3cfd48f378637bce.png
89018694A002.thumb.jpg.6cc866e2ce0e6f7370b7f124890273f8.jpg

Edited by soqueroeu