Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

SiriusVI

Members
  • Posts

    665
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SiriusVI

  1. Hey everyone, I've run into a weird issue that I can't solve. I've imported some Commodore Plus/4 and some of them have multiple versions of the same game. I randomly tried out launching the primary version of a game to test it. After it worked, I tested out the second version that was imported, but when I click on it, I get an error from Launchbox saying "The game could no longer be found". The game is however still in the same location. When I separate the games so that they appear as two different entries in Launchbox, both games launch fine. I also tried to Launch a Gamecube game I have different regional varieties of and that was no problem. I have the emulator set to "extract rom archives before running. Might that be an issue? Edit: After starting up Launchbox today, I realized that the additional was deleted by Launchbox... Might this be related to the Beta?
  2. Ahhh, ok, so in that cas you would use the third party software list importer you can find in this forum.
  3. How do you deal with games that have multiple regions, e.g. "(North America, Europe)". What do you do when a system has regions with just one or two games in them (Gremany or France)?
  4. In that case it would be much easier to just get the whole mame collection and import it via Launchbox Full System importer. I found that you run into too many problems if you don't have the full mame system, such as necessary files missing and so on. Anywy, I don't use Mame standalone, so I can't help you with that. there are more experiences people here that can help you better.
  5. If you just want Neo Geo, you can use the Final Burn Neo emulator in Retroarch. The bios files go in their own folder called "fbneo" in the retroarch system folder. You can just import the games as rom files, but make sure that when importing you select mame naming conventions.
  6. Interesting. I may give this another shot =).
  7. Does anyone know how to reduce xiso.iso file sizes further? If I create a xiso from a redump .iso, it's getting much smaller, but I've seen other people having the same games at even smaller file sizes.
  8. Interesting. I tried that quite a while ago. Maybe it works better now. Do you also import different revisions of the games? I have also had problems with that, e.g. lower revisions were made default.
  9. Did you do that manually? I tried auto importing my No Intro SNES collection that way, but in many cases, regional variants were not combined with the North American version, but instead added as a separate game. That happened with many Japanese Games that had a different title from the North American version, e.g. Donkey Kong Country 3.
  10. Don't try to emulate the dual shock controller. Use the regular PS1 controller instead and set the d-pad controls to your analogue stick manually if you want to use analogue controls. A few games, such as Tekken (3, I think) don't work well with dual shock.
  11. I'm stupid. I just found out that Retroarch allows for rescaling and moving overlays. So I got it to work. ?
  12. Ah, too bad. Not sure, what I'll do about the shaders then. Maybe Ieave them off for GBA and other handhelds then... I really want to stick to your overlays...
  13. Hey @Mr. RetroLust I've been testing out some shaders recently and have noticed that the screens for your amazing overlays in most cases don't work well with integer scale in retroarch enabled. However, integer scale is needed for many shaders to work properly (when scanlines or dots are used). This is especially noticeable in some handheld systems. Whereas your GB and GBC bezels do work with integer scaling, GBA does not. 5x5 is too large and 4x4 is too small for your bezel. I've found other GBA bezels that work with integer scaling, but these do not nearly look as good as your bezels. Are there any plans to update the bezels so that they fit an integer scale in the future?
  14. Oh OK, I can see how using emulated windows emulators on Linux might hurt performance. Is there no way to just emulate Launchbox and have to point to the Linux versions of the emulators (e.g. Retroarch cores) ?
  15. For people like me, who don't have a clue about all of this, what are downsides of using LaunchBox on Linux through Wine compared to running natively on Windows?
  16. I agree. DLCs or expansions are not separate games. The only exception to this is if an expansion is (also) released as a separate standalone game, e.g. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and its Torna expansion. Torna is available as a dlc, but also as a standalone game.
  17. Jesus Christ, some people sure are paranoid. I find the idea that the Launchbox team delivers viruses to its userbase ridiculous to put it mildly.
  18. For now: 1G1R sets, North America --> Europe --> Japan --> Rest. Been thinking about splitting the collection and creating a separate Platform for different regions. There are disadvantages to this approach, though: 1. There would be a lot of duplicate games, since most games have multiple region releases. 2. Some gams have multiple regions (e.g. USA, Europe; or USA, Japan). Where would those go? 3. Artwork might be inconsistent (American Artwork turning up on Japanese region games) 4. The curation effort would be much much higher. 5. What to do with the "Rest" regions (other than North America, Europe and Japan)? Having a "Rest" or "Various Regions" Platform is not optimal. Having Regions like "Germany" or "France" Platforms with just a few games in them is unpractical. In conclusion, I think I'll stay with my 1G1R set. Having different regional versions is intriguing, but I guess I could just research what games have differences that are interesting enough and then manually adding these games into the collection. E.g. Contra III on SNES is "Super Probotector" in Europe. It has different sprites, everyone is a robot. So I'd add this version as an additional app to Contra III.
  19. The most important point for me is the performance improvements. The other features are nice to have, but performance is essential. I would like faster start up speeds as well as smoother performance in Launchbox, but especially BigBox, especially if you have a large collection of platforms, games and (auto generated) playlists.
  20. I've since read that windows on the steam deck might lead to performance issues especially if there is no real driver support for this thing. I'm not sure if I will install windows on it after all... On the other hand, I'm not sure if I want to set up something like Launchbkx that will work natively on steam is all over again... Tricky... maybe one could install windows on am SD card and then boot from there whenever they want to use emulation?
  21. Search the forum, there are many people who have similar problems. Certain programs apparently cause issues with Launchbox, such as MSI Afterburner or other MSI products. Realtek software such as Nahimic are also named frequently. Certain USB devices apparently also can cause lag, so you could unplug all USB devices you have and then test if the lags go away.
  22. Yes, this works, but having the option within the emulator would make the whole setup more independent. Still overall great progress for xbox emulation. Didn't know about it until a few days ago.
  23. Hey this is great. It actually runs Conker Live & Reloaded. I've been dying to try this version out. There seems to be screen tearing, though. Is there any way to turn on vsync within Xemu? I cn't find anything in the settings, but maybe there is a way to edit the "xemu.ini"? Haven't found anything, yet, though.
  24. Ahhh, I didn't know that. Yes that is most likely the issue. Thanks for your help, again! Worked fine, thx!
  25. I just tried your suggestion, but it does not seem to work. I deleted every file in 3D box images for SNES and copied 742 images I downloaded into the folder. Then I refreshed the SNES library images. After that I audited the SNES library. So far so good, however, the results of the audit are incorrect. The audit shows only very few games with "0" 3D Box images, when in fact only 742 games of the 1785 in my collection actually have 3D Box images. I don't know what's wrong here. Any suggestions? EDIT: When I click to check on some of the images listed in the list above, many of them are not 3D box Images, but they are listed as such.
×
×
  • Create New...