Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

DOS76

Members
  • Posts

    9,052
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    15

Everything posted by DOS76

  1. Could the TV be causing issues itself does it have a game mode setting
  2. I'm trying to change my Arcade.xml rom paths with Notepad++ which shows it changing but then every time I restart LB it is resetting the path to before I made the change don't know what is up with that but I'm trying to switch to my new romset and delete the old one. Looks like 5th times the charm now it worked for some reason.
  3. When they become affordable that will be cool
  4. In Windows 10 you have to disable the XBox game bar also or you will be calling all 3
  5. I use the same buttons you can use the guide button on my Logitech F710 but it calls my steam overlay also so I set it to be the thumb sticks instead
  6. saves in RetroArch will all be done the same way some cores however don't support save states
  7. Yeah I don't know if he covers that or just assumes that users are using MAME
  8. Yeah try naming it MAME then point it to RA.exe or on one of the last forms there is a checkbox to use MAME naming that should also get you the extra forms.
  9. As of right now there isn't a way to separate out MAME into categories. When doing the import what are you calling your platform? If it isn't Arcade are you using the scrape as box to tell it to scrape Arcade? When you make the category Arcade and use MAME as the emulator it should give you the MAME specific forms to go through did you by chance use MAMEUI or another derivative and that is what you named the emulator and not just MAME?
  10. I keep see people mention the files sizes and I've seen a few people give the incorrect numbers so I'm doing a little list this is straight from PD which I'm sure is where many people get these but there latest has the sizes at MAME 0.181 roms split =56.573GB MAME 0.181 software list roms split = 54.032GB MAME 0.181 software list roms merged =31.989GB MAME 0.181 roms merged =35.922GB *If you have any desire to use any of the clones or something other than the main ROM then it is not recommended to get the merged set MAME 0.181 CHDs merged =430.059GB MAME 0.180 (0.181) Software List CHDs merged =1.845 TB * I have no clue why this one has both .180 and .181 in the title but that is how they have it listed. While this seems huge when you get it you have the option to decide which platforms you want to download so you can use the software chd's without having to take up almost 2TB of data if you know specifically what you want
  11. I saw this the other day I didn't respond because I don't have a clue on how to fix or what is causing the issue maybe if you can tag Jason or Brad in the post it will get their attention.
  12. You probably need some command line parameters or possible some of the check boxes ticked in the Manage Emulators form. Go to tools>ManageEmulators>Nebula>Edit. I'm not sure which text boxes or which commands you would use but I'm guess that is what the issue is. Hopefully some one can help you more in depth than this.
  13. Feel free to make some of these yourself using your artistic vision many people here have different taste and I'm sure they would appreciate having even more options available
  14. MAME is either zipped up where all the parent games contain all the clones in one file this is a merged set or it comes where all the clones aren't in the same archive with the parent they are in a separate archive these are the split sets.
  15. could you still write a script that would compare the contents of the video directory and the names of the rom file and/or game title in the xml
  16. If it only downloads the videos you have the games for what videos wouldn't you be using? Unless you have deleted some games
  17. The path isn't stored in an xml per say it LB just looks in certain folders that are set in your emulators settings they can be viewed or changed by going to manage platform and selecting edit for the platform of your choosing.
  18. lol
  19. Merged sets have way less files but they also have way less flexibility when it comes to using the clones in LB
  20. I have 15 separate zip files in my ROMset for ssriders
  21. If you have a merged set then yes if it was a split set then the other version would have its own file with only the files it need to function in conjunction with the parent ROM
  22. Because he is running the wizard and if he chooses to run it to replace all existing media it treats it like the initial scan but I could be incorrect about that. until he answers back though we don't even know if he used that option or not
  23. Mostly we recommend that you use MAME stand alone over the RetroArch version. Running MAME through LB is just like running MAME LB is just a launcher so if you want the interface that LB provides I would suggest using it. Usually if you map the controller and it removes the keyboard key just hitting enter again and pressing the key will bind it to both. MAME excepts button combos to when you set things up so if you press two buttons simultaneously it will map that as a combo as an example you can use start and select on your controller to act as the escape key and exit the emulator
  24. When you run the download metadata wizard are you choosing the option to not replace any existing fields or are you choosing the 1st option if you are using the 1st option then I believe it will overwrite everything you have done and change all of your media it runs the process again and replaces everything.
  25. Do the versions have two separate ROMs and do you have a split set? If your MAME set is a merged set then I have no clue how you go about getting it to work if you have the split set you can probably go to edit for the game and click browse after looking at the name of the 4player ROM then look for one with an almost identical name and change the one you are using to that one.
×
×
  • Create New...