LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

jason, the only thing I can think of now as something to make a control for before you go is to separate the square rotating box, preview pic, background image and details from the details view. That way we can choose to use different things in each view and be able to reposition things when the lists, wheels, etc are off the screen. http://s6.postimg.org/i549o2s1p/image.jpg The circled items currently can't be repositioned. They keep the same config through both views. When you are on the wheel and when you have clicked on the game item in the wheel. Since the wheel disappears when you click on the game, we should be able to configure that 2nd view so that we can better utillize the empty space. While when the wheel is on, we should be able to configure the alignment, etc of those too. But apart from when we click on the game. ex. http://s6.postimg.org/u9jj524xp/bb3.jpg now they can look different instead of be the same. #ignorethebutcheredbackgroundimagelol

wallmachine Not sure what we can do to support non-Truetype fonts, but can you create a ticket for it? We should at least show a friendly error message instead of an error. @shinra358, this is admittedly pretty confusing, but all those items can be repositioned. When you select a game it goes into the TextGamesView in order to show the list of menu items on the left. If you customize the TextGamesView, it should work to customize the placement of things on the game details screen. Let me know if that helps, or if you have any more questions as to what to customize to change various things. Keep in mind that the TransitionPresenter controls are what are displaying the images, videos, and details. You can move those around in order to change the location of the details, video, and images. Typically, anything that is animated when changed is displayed using a TransitionPresenter in order to animate the change.

Yes you fixed the back out of options screen only bug left is that there is no navigational sounds in the option screen other then that its working fine. Just completed a game using bigbox and i just noticed there is no way to mark a game completed in bigbox could this be something you could add please, works very well with favorites/broken just missing this one option. Thanks

Is there a control for not having the wheel loop? If you have only 3 systems or games, you will see duplicate systems/games on screen in the wheel. I would like to make it so that doesnt happen. When you get to the end of the wheel, it stops until you go back up and vice versa if you are going down. Edit: found another bug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAfNOWLSrU4 Also, I want to be able to control how many games I see about the highlighted item and how many items I see below the highlighted item on the wheel.

Also, what I meant more with the ticket was it was closed sure, but all tickets can be re-opened. I never removed the ticket as to try and pretend to hide it. Not really an excuse, but we get tons of people posting on the BitBucket anonomously and we almost never get responses from them. I am never opposed to re-opened tickets, but it was never deleted.

I know that Jason and his family are on Vacation :) I played a little with .xaml files from theme folder but Its a little messy maybe with a standalone app could be easier to change values Big Box Theme Creator Load -> Select a Folder and fill all the fields with .xaml files values Save As -> Generate a New folder with .xaml files Save -> Saves all values to .xaml files from Selected Folder

Right now the themeing engine is certainly in Beta, if not an Alpha state. This is one of our bigger features that will hopefully be a long term feature, so we gotta take our time with it. It will get easier in the long run so we can more easily open it up to everyone.

Would a theme make it possible to make BigBox usable in vertical orientation, or is that going to take additional changes in the program? I mean, it's possible to use it in veritical, but you can't read anything, the layout is bad, etc... Just curious.

I just buy Premium and try to test BigBox, got this error:
System.ArgumentException: La fuente 'Calibri' no es compatible con el estilo 'Bold'. en System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont() en System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont) en System.Drawing.Font..ctor(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style) en (String , String , Int32 , Int32 , String ) en BigBox.App.CreateThumbnail(String sourcePath, String thumbnailPath, Int32 maxHeight, Int32 maxWidth, String caption) en () en BigBox.Controls.CoverFlow.ThumbnailManager.ThumbnailGeneration() en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
I'm using beta.. should I get back to Ofiicial Launchbox? I have all my imagens arranged in the new folders :(

That's a font error. Have you recently installed or changed fonts for your system or LaunchBox? Either Calibri Bold is not installed on your system, or you chose bold for something and it's not applicable. Also, can you try changing your lanaugage for LaunchBox and see if you still get the same error? If you need to roll back your LaunchBox.xml (this is where all of your settings are stored), you can open the backups folder, sort by date and try replacing your LaunchBox.xml with the latest one and keep going back till it works. If you are comfortable with XML editing in Notepad++ and you find the lines in the XML refered to Calibri, Bold or the Language you chose and changing it to another one then you can try editing that to see if then it loads. Make sure you make a backup of your current XML regardless of what you try and do.

Ok launchbox works ok, it just bigbox that errors. Calibri Bold is installed. I have not changed themes or any font setting yet. Gonna try to edit Launchbox.xml and find calibri. EDIT: No calibri found in Launchbox.xml... I found calibri bold in the Default theme of BigBox... should I have to reinstal Calibri :/ What else can I try?