LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@Jason Carr One more thing I am not sure if you are aware of (has been going on a while now). When I purchase new games for Steam in my Steam account and then I rerun the Steam importer in LB it detects my new games correctly but it always imports the new games as the platform "Windows". My Steam platform is called "Steam" in LB and I have it set to Scrape as "Windows". I currently do not have a platform called Windows so the importer creates a new platform called Windows and puts the new detected Steam games in that platform. I can easily get them transfered back into my Steam platform by doing a bulk edit and changing the image and video folders but its just an added step I guess. Just wanted to point it out in case you were not aware.:)

• Like 1

Similar to HyperSpin, I'd like to be able to press any button to stop the video and head into HyperSpin. Also, instead of setting a 'minimum time' would it be possible for a option to use 'length of video'.

I haven't tested this feature but what happens if I set a minimum time greater than the video?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, johnugamer said:

Hi Jason. Just tested again with Windows Media Player set as the playback engine and the same issue occurs. Just to clarify I attached my platform view below to explain what I was talking about. You mentioned that it most likely has to do with either a video playing or a paused video, but in my setup there is no video at all. I use the platform view without any videos, just images. Thanks again for your help.

bigboxplatform.png

Good to know. Perhaps it's just the fact that we use DirectX XAudio for sound processing, much like games do. Sounds like this might be even more difficult to track down.

5 hours ago, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr One more thing I am not sure if you are aware of (has been going on a while now). When I purchase new games for Steam in my Steam account and then I rerun the Steam importer in LB it detects my new games correctly but it always imports the new games as the platform "Windows". My Steam platform is called "Steam" in LB and I have it set to Scrape as "Windows". I currently do not have a platform called Windows so the importer creates a new platform called Windows and puts the new detected Steam games in that platform. I can easily get them transfered back into my Steam platform by doing a bulk edit and changing the image and video folders but its just an added step I guess. Just wanted to point it out in case you were not aware.:)

Thanks @kmoney, yes I am aware of that. If there's not a ticket for it, we should add one. It's not a super high priority, but we should add a Platform option to the Steam importer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

Similar to HyperSpin, I'd like to be able to press any button to stop the video and head into HyperSpin. Also, instead of setting a 'minimum time' would it be possible for a option to use 'length of video'.

I haven't tested this feature but what happens if I set a minimum time greater than the video?

Thanks Kevin, I do plan to add more features to the startup videos, but at a later date.

Can the disappearing taskbar thing be made optional? It is interferring with browsing at guides online, following video tutorials online, and the script making/testing procedure. (I'm a user that didn't have a problem with taskbar appearing on top of bigbox).

Either that or make it only happen when bigbox is on top and is the focus, thx.

Same with game place memorization. I'd like that optional too please.

Edited by shinra358
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

@Jason Carr, sorry quick question, my intro video is WAAAYYY louder than anything in bigbox, I actually have to turn the volume down on my av receiver when starting bigbox because the awesome music in the video really thumps my woofer. Any ideas? I assume its using the vlc in the launchbox folder?

Yeah, it is. Though that's a good question as to how to change the volume on it...we'll have to look into that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

Can the disappearing taskbar thing be made optional? It is interferring with browsing at guides online, following video tutorials online, and the script making/testing procedure. (I'm a user that didn't have a problem with taskbar appearing on top of bigbox).

Either that or make it only happen when bigbox is on top and is the focus, thx.

Same with game place memorization. I'd like that optional too please.

Sure, we can add options for those here soon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Sure, we can add options for those here soon.

Also, I was trying to play a particular mp3 a platform but when I made a folder in music section and named it the same as the platform, nothing played. does that mean specific platform music is not supported?

There's a startup pause at the beginning for launching bigbox. And sometimes it pauses when only 2 platform icons on the wheel are showing. When the video plays, can you make it so that bigbox is loading up during this time so we don't have to see it? Bigbox intro video masking the startup time if you will. Or does it already do that?

Edited by shinra358