LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

22 hours ago, snarfo67 said:

Awesome work as always. The audit is looking very good. I know there are bugs to squash, but is there any timeframe on including an integrated document viewer? It's the only thing left I can think of that feels like a missing feature (well, and maybe an integrated way to download themes like the videos, but I don't want to sound too crazy).

I'm hoping to tackle that again soon, but I can't give any time frame on it because I still need to research it some more as far as the best solution.

20 hours ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Jason Carr Great update down to 49 seconds from almost 5 minutes in arcade on a Dual Core KUDOS, 

Is there anyway you can solve this issue when using the Videocontrol in xaml as it makes creating themes very hard selecting other elements in the grid see screenshot 

Untitled.png

Thanks Maddoc, I'll take a look at that issue again soon. I do remember running into it again recently myself.

3 hours ago, Nyny77 said:

@Jason Carr it's missing Sega Mega Drive in Launchbox...(Sega Genesis ok)

Thanks

Sans titre.jpg

Sega Genesis and Sega Mega Drive are considered the same system on the LaunchBox Games Database, so that is why it's not there. However, it should identify it correctly if you manually type in Sega Mega Drive.

• Like 2

Really sorry to say, but it seems the issue persists, somehow...

Got a NullReference error while testing this:

Version 7.5-beta-5

System.NullReferenceException
   em (<>c )
   em Unbroken.LaunchBox.Music.<>c.<Pause>b__66_0()
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   em System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I really hoped you wouldn't have to keep looking into it. The GOOD thing is that finally I have something for you to be able to look at!

48 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright guys, new beta is out. I spent the majority of the day fixing the errors/freezes with the "prioritize music over video audio" stuff. It was a royal pain to figure out and fix but I think I finally have it all squared away. Those of you who use that feature, please test and let me know if it fixes any stability issues.

@jason tested, and no issues for me, it works,thanks to fix it

• Like 1

Hey jason, can we get the randomizations of the videos please? I really thought this was already in since the background pics already do it. But I would need to do the vids this was: vid-01, vid-02.mp4.mp4, vid-03.mp4. I just wrote a bitbucket about it but I remember asking about this about 1 or 2 years ago x_x.

Shouldn't be that difficult and should be a quick thing since the code is already there for the picture backgrounds right?

Music over vid seems intact now, thx.

Edited by shinra358

@Jason Carr No issues for me either would it be possible to put in an override command in bigbox that when background music is being used that the video sound is muted instead of having to go to options and turn video volume down to 0%, as when testing i noticed a small speed increase when you turn down the video volume to 0% while listening to music?  

Edited by Maddoc1007

Okay I just tested the auditing feature in LB 7.5 beta 6 with my Arcade system during it LB takes about 75% of my CPU (i7 4770) it runs the fans at a speed that makes me think my computer is going to blow up and the progress bar looked as it was going to take a very long time to complete so I decided that I was just going to kill the audit but doing so crashed LB I've tested it twice now with the same results and killing the audit for me crashes the system. I'm going to go test on another machine and report back if it is occurring on multiple computers.

Spoiler

Version 7.5-beta-6

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'AuditForm'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at (AuditForm , Int32 , Game )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.PopulateRow(Int32 index, Game game)
   at (AuditForm , List`1 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.PopulateGridThreadRun(List`1 games)
   at (<>c__DisplayClass48_0 )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<PopulateGrid>b__1()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

here is the error message that goes with it.

If you use the close button though this doesn't happen only if you close the window with the red X does the crash occur.

Edited by DOS76

Hi Jason !

Criticalcid sent you my data folder some times ago. I'm using the latest beta, and I'm experiencing a bug with description blank in the default theme and in Critical Zone theme. But if I use (and I'm currently use both) Viking's themes (aka EmuStation and big couch) the description shows up.

Do you have any ideas why it doesn't show up ;)

18 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Alright guys, new beta is out. I spent the majority of the day fixing the errors/freezes with the "prioritize music over video audio" stuff. It was a royal pain to figure out and fix but I think I finally have it all squared away. Those of you who use that feature, please test and let me know if it fixes any stability issues.

Also, in yesterday's beta there was an issue with imports where the application/ROM path was not always being set, which has been fixed in this beta as well.

Finally, this should fix @kmoney's reported error with the audits above.

I've got the same error as @kmoney in beta 6. But not exactly the same error message:

Version 7.5-beta-6

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   vid System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   vid System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   vid (<>c )
   vid Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.RomFiles.<>c.<PopulateFiles>b__2_0()
   vid System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   vid System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   vid System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   vid System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I,ve discovered a pattern when this is happening:

1. I start Launchbox (the platform Sega Saturn is automatically selected from the previous session (I don't use categories))
2. I select "Audit Saturn..." and get the error above every time.

The platform doesn't matter, I get the error every time when I'm on the startup platform.
If I change platform after a startup and select "Audit *****..." I never get an error. Something important seems to happen when you select a platform, before running the audit.   

Edit: No the "selecting platform" doesn't seem to matter. It only happens when i instantly select "Audit *****..." after startup, if I wait 30 seconds I get no error. Maybe there are some caching on startup that breaks auditing? 
Edited by Norfair

Now I got another error when starting auditing:

Version 7.5-beta-6

System.Threading.ThreadStateException: The thread hasn't been started.
   vid System.Threading.Thread.JoinInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
   vid ()
   vid Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.RomFiles.PopulateFiles()
   vid (String , String )
   vid Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.RomFiles.GetNameByPlatformAndFileName(String platform, String fileName)
   vid (String , Nullable`1 , String , Boolean )
   vid Unbroken.LaunchBox.Paths.GetTitleFromFileName(String path, Nullable`1 disc, String platform, Boolean folder)
   vid (Game )
   vid Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Game.get_FileNameTitle()
   vid (<>c__DisplayClass49_0 , Game )
   vid Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.<>c__DisplayClass49_0.<PopulateRow>b__2(Game g)
   vid System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   vid (AuditForm , Int32 , Game )
   vid Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.PopulateRow(Int32 index, Game game)
   vid (AuditForm , List`1 )
   vid Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.PopulateGridThreadRun(List`1 games)
   vid (<>c__DisplayClass48_0 )
   vid Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.AuditForm.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<PopulateGrid>b__1()
   vid System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   vid System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   vid System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   vid System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

The weird thing is that I did some auditing earlier in beta 6 and didn't get any errors at all.

Edited by Norfair

On 5.1.2017 at 11:42 PM, SentaiBrad said:

Bug that may be related to the memory feature in BB? No clue, not related to CityHunter though:

Edit: It actually shows 2 bugs, where the box art images get removed when changing views too.

Edit 2: It seems that the reason I thought the view switching bug was happening isn't what it is. It's not related to the Big Box memory because it's happening on 7.4 official. Seems to only happen when viewing all games, not when viewing single platforms.

On 12.1.2017 at 0:32 AM, Jason Carr said:

Can you explain what exactly the bugs are here? I'm having trouble following.

1. The wheel in the Horizontal Wheel Views is ignoring the override image type which is set up for it in the theme code, this happens for all filters except the “Platforms” filter. As you can see in the video, it’s using the boxes instead of the clear logos in the “All games” filter. That also happens for other filters like “Genre”.

2. If you navigate to the “All games” filter it shows sometimes the metadata and video for a different game than the one which is actually selected. That also happens sometimes if you change the view in that filter. You can see that behavior at 0:31 in the video. I don’t know if that occurs in any other filter as well because I only have seen it in the “All Games” filter.

3. Sometimes when you change the view it happens that the first few games are losing their cover and are totally blank. You can see that also happening at 0:31

22 hours ago, shinra358 said:

Hey jason, can we get the randomizations of the videos please? I really thought this was already in since the background pics already do it. But I would need to do the vids this was: vid-01, vid-02.mp4.mp4, vid-03.mp4. I just wrote a bitbucket about it but I remember asking about this about 1 or 2 years ago x_x.

Shouldn't be that difficult and should be a quick thing since the code is already there for the picture backgrounds right?

Music over vid seems intact now, thx.

Well random videos first requires us to support multiple videos, which we don't yet. We do support both the game theme video and the game play video, but in that case the user probably wants to prioritize the game theme video. We need to restructure the videos to allow for several videos per game before we can tackle random videos, which requires us to change how they're stored on disk, so no, it's not a quick thing to do.