LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

@CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT @Manuel Leiria I have seen the issue now from a couple of other people, so I'm doubtful that it's being caused by the music files. Still, if you want to upload some for me to test, I can rule that out. Sadly I still haven't been able to replicate it though. It is currently a main focus of mine, however; I need to get it fixed before I put out 7.6.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DOS76 said:

So wait does opening a game in LB now hide the taskbar as well as BigBox that is what I'm seeing and then LB is stealing focus from the game every time. Also when I close the game and the task bar returns I have to minimize LB before I can access anything from the taskbar the little preview view pops up but clicking on it won't take you to that window. It seems like LB is in an always on top mode as soon as it is minimized the taskbar goes back to normal but while in focus it won't change. I'm on Windows 10 but the latest insider preview version.

LaunchBox itself should never be hiding the taskbar currently. That's a bit scary though if the latest Windows preview version is messing with that stuff though...hmm.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT @Manuel Leiria I have seen the issue now from a couple of other people, so I'm doubtful that it's being caused by the music files. Still, if you want to upload some for me to test, I can rule that out. Sadly I still haven't been able to replicate it though. It is currently a main focus of mine, however; I need to get it fixed before I put out 7.6.

I actually have a second PC with an identical hardware config and OS, as it turns out :). I'm going to test from that and add additional things one by one to match the setup I'm using now on my primary PC and see if that helps in pinpointing the crashing. I can say it crashes less frequently. I'm also curious if @Manuel Leiria is using an external drive?

For my setup, I have all of my emulators and LB/BB on an external WD Passport over USB 3.0 for the purpose of keeping things easily portable. I've never run into any issues with performance running games over it so it honestly only occurred to me just a little bit ago, but (and maybe I'm an idiot for not considering it sooner) it might be problematic for this particular feature. Since you are also getting crashes, I'm wondering if you have LB/BB on an internal or external drive?

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

For those that haven't seen it yet...we are opening up voting on upcoming features here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/launchboxfeatures

I'd appreciate everyone's vote! :)

Playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, playlists, and finally playlists, :)

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox itself should never be hiding the taskbar currently. That's a bit scary though if the latest Windows preview version is messing with that stuff though...hmm.

I'm using Windows 7 and haven't updated anything recently... Big Box is hiding my taskbar if I alt-tab. It comes back when I close Big Box.

7 hours ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

I actually have a second PC with an identical hardware config and OS, as it turns out :). I'm going to test from that and add additional things one by one to match the setup I'm using now on my primary PC and see if that helps in pinpointing the crashing. I can say it crashes less frequently. I'm also curious if @Manuel Leiria is using an external drive?

For my setup, I have all of my emulators and LB/BB on an external WD Passport over USB 3.0 for the purpose of keeping things easily portable. I've never run into any issues with performance running games over it so it honestly only occurred to me just a little bit ago, but (and maybe I'm an idiot for not considering it sooner) it might be problematic for this particular feature. Since you are also getting crashes, I'm wondering if you have LB/BB on an internal or external drive?

I don't have an external drive, but I was running from an HDD. Yesterday I had the time to copy my LaunchBox install to an SSD, just keeping the games and manuals on the HDD. I'll see if I can test this setup this evening.

• Like 1

Boooooooo lol.

Android version? Scapegoat ya say?

Windows version is never gonna be completed if you do that xD

Even though nothing's on the list that helps me finished my theme....  I chose rotating 3D box art and built in pdf because those seem most useful to me :P

Edited by shinra358
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

I'm using Windows 7 and haven't updated anything recently... Big Box is hiding my taskbar if I alt-tab. It comes back when I close Big Box.

That is the default design for BB now. You can disable that in options.