LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

Hey all, beta 2 is out. It adds theme settings and better ESRB icon support for custom themes. Theme settings will allow certain themes to override the user's current settings whenever that theme is active, which will fix some points of confusion where themes require background videos to be enabled, etc.

Martin, reviewing that document. :)

A theme editor is a possibility in the future, but that's probably a long ways out, as it's such a major undertaking. I have the scroll issue near the top of my list. :)

• Like 4

Reviewed your document, @martinconroy. There's a ton of great ideas there, so thank you. I think the most urgent thing is to allow a way to disable or enable LEDBlinky and voice features on a system-by-system basis. We're probably a long ways off from integrating everything in that document, but I hope we can get there eventually. :)

@Jason Carr The marquee views are now showing up with the latest beta kudos.  On an other note the vlc engine is still acting up only in LaunchBox.  When you go to a Platform in LaunchBox then click on details in the menubar (top right), then click on a game now go to the details and close it, the video will then keep playing in the background only with the vlc engine, you have to open up the details again and click on video in order for it to stop.

9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Reviewed your document, @martinconroy. There's a ton of great ideas there, so thank you. I think the most urgent thing is to allow a way to disable or enable LEDBlinky and voice features on a system-by-system basis. We're probably a long ways off from integrating everything in that document, but I hope we can get there eventually. :)

No worries @Jason Carr - always happy to help and offer suggestions.

Agree that most things in there are well down any priority list but wanted to get things down whilst they came to mind, and hopefully the structural concepts are of use.

Cheers,

M.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I did put another beta out to fix an issue with the renewal process. Now that it's November, people will start to see notifications that updates are not available for them because their premium license has expired (we're just now 1 year into the yearly premium licenses).

Still in the process of working the other two features (automatic ROM folder parsing and the PDF reader). I took a bit of a side-step with the new theme features but those are ready to go now I believe. :)

• Like 2

Hi Maddoc, if you run Big Box it should fix the themes so that doesn't happen. The themes are automatically upgraded for 7.0. Try closing all instances of Visual Studio, starting up Big Box 7.0-beta-4, and then editing the theme in Visual Studio after exiting Big Box.