LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you guys; all noted. I understand the "remembering the last game" request now.

@spycat I am aware of that issue but unfortunately I haven't fixed it yet. It's on my list.

@Elber Thank you; I believe that issue is specific to Arcade. It's happening because of having both a platform category and a platform itself that is called Arcade. I'll take a look at that soon.

@paulmichel21 Can you explain that?

Thank you!!! ;)

• Like 2

@Jason Carr I mentioned this a few weeks ago in the beta thread but maybe you missed it. I have noticed an issue when you have the background game videos option checked, that when you exit back out of a game the video does not start back automatically. It only happens with background game videos as all the other views work correctly and the game video starts back automatically. I Tested it out with wmp and vlc.

• Like 1

One other thing I wanted to point out and not sure if it is a bug or made by design this way. If I add platform videos to the Themes/Default/Videos/Platforms folder, it does not overide what is in the regular Videos/Platforms folder in LB. If it is like that by design it would be a nice feature because I like to keep my regular platform videos in the Videos/Platforms folder and my cinimatic themes in the Themes/Default/Videos/Platforms folder. I guess the ultimate on the wishlist would be to have two different video folders, one for cinimatic and one for regular platform videos and have an option in BigBox to change between the two.:)

• Like 2

Yeah, agreed @kmoney. We will need to allow for multiple video categories eventually. As it currently stands it is by design that LaunchBox would never use any overridden images or videos from the Big Box themes, as those are only for Big Box. I'll take a look at that video issue as well.

@salyangel Thank you for that; very much appreciated. :)

• Like 1

@jasoncarr I explain, when entering the configuration of an emulator for example demul, in the script tab I typed in ahk code to exit with the escape key of the emulator.

like this 

$Esc::

{

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

}

But with these last 3 updates has stopped working.

sorry for my english

Edited by paulmichel21

Thank you @paulmichel21; I will look into that.

Beta 10 is out now guys with a few fixes:

- The VLC NULL reference issue was still happening because I completely missed what was causing the problem; I really hope this one is finally fixed now lol. This was happening for people who were using music without videos or who were using WMP for the videos.

- Platform-specific image types were not being remembered/used properly in LaunchBox when using the new platform category filter type

- The issue with using the same platform name ("Arcade") as platform category (also "Arcade") has been fixed; the filters should now work properly in that case

Also, some questions for you guys. Does anyone who uses custom fields extensively want to do some performance testing with these latest changes? Or would you mind sharing your Data folder with me? I need to know if the recent performance fixes did anything to resolve performance issues with custom fields.

Finally, what are you guys' thoughts on getting rid of the Windows Media Player video playback engine option? Now that VLC is fixed and is not causing problems it seems to be the best choice by far (performance is better and there's a bug or two that still exists with WMP that is not an issue with VLC). Does anyone know of any good reasons to keep WMP? Is anyone still choosing to use WMP? If WMP is worse in all aspects and isn't really providing any added value, then it's not worth my efforts to keep working with it. Thanks all. :)

I'm trying the last version of beta with RocketLauncher I have a little problem of windows when the emulator is open or close.

Second thing, when I try to switch directly to the letter H it's very long to display the wheel when we use a Theme

Edited by salyangel

@salyangel Do you mean Windows is visible in between launching games with Rocket Launcher? I know Rocket Launcher isn't perfect with that stuff; it would be best to put that discussion in another thread though because this thread is for beta testing LaunchBox and Big Box only.

@paulmichel21 I just tested and confirmed that the AutoHotkey stuff is working properly for the Escape event script above; I'm not sure what might be happening on your system. What happens if you put in this script instead?

{
    MsgBox, TEST
}

Do you get a message box popping up when you press Escape?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@salyangel Do you mean Windows is visible in between launching games with Rocket Launcher? I know Rocket Launcher isn't perfect with that stuff; it would be best to put that discussion in another thread though because this thread is for beta testing LaunchBox and Big Box only.

@paulmichel21 I just tested and confirmed that the AutoHotkey stuff is working properly for the Escape event script above; I'm not sure what might be happening on your system. What happens if you put in this script instead?

{
    MsgBox, TEST
}

Do you get a message box popping up when you press Escape?

i test  tonight when i come home... thanks

Thanks guys. @paulmichel21 I'm sorry, can you explain the always loading the clear logo issue? Where are you seeing that? Are you thinking it's not loading it from the cache?

@jaythompson It's people who use custom fields that I'm referring to, not custom platforms. Do you use custom fields?

@SentaiBrad That's new to me; my experience is that VLC seems to always be faster. When and where did you see that?